Universal Monsters

Mark M.

42 minutes ago, littlegreenghouls said:

Either they are trying to regain traction on the dark universal films.  
 I think it would be mildly successful. 
I think we  got something for younger horror fans, and classic horror fans. I think we need something else. 

I want to see vamps and werewolves. 

Yeah how Murdy brought them was perfect, transporting them into the 21st century type atmosphere and showing how the monsters have aged horribly, I feel like we might have the same visuals of the monsters as they looked in Hollywood's maze or different take on those looks but I definitely would love to see Universal transport these versions of the monsters and put them into films, this would truly kickstart the dark universe into a better way, give em a second life in the horror world. The Invisible Man film being done by Blumhouse concerns me, I'm excited for it but I just got mixed feelings about it because I could see them doing good trying to make Universal Monster films but reviving them would only work so far before they try to overdo something.

20 hours ago, USHER6998 said:

I just watched the Hunchback of Notre Dame and my guess is his room will be the bell towers which could be really neat but i would love for it to be walking into notre dame as he spills melted lead on everybody!

Has the Hunchback of Notre Dame been confirmed?

Have any other classic monsters been conformed?  Besides Dracula, Frankenstein's monster, the wolfman, mummy, and creature from the black lagoon? I don't visit every HHN related site so I think I might miss things.

2 hours ago, kablue said:

Have any other classic monsters been conformed?  Besides Dracula, Frankenstein's monster, the wolfman, mummy, and creature from the black lagoon? I don't visit every HHN related site so I think I might miss things.

lemme help, in the promo image, there's various shadows right below the logo. based on the shape of them, they appear to be the hunchback (or igor), bride of frankenstein, phantom, and creature

monsters.PNG

• Like 1

21 hours ago, themazethinker said:

lemme help, in the promo image, there's various shadows right below the logo. based on the shape of them, they appear to be the hunchback (or igor), bride of frankenstein, phantom, and creature

monsters.PNG

Thanks. As soon as I read the announcement I was hoping phantom would be in it. With phantom used to being the centerpiece of the Horror Makeup Show and how much they still talk about phantom/Lon Chaney there I thought it would be a great opportunity to use him.

• Like 3

On 5/3/2019 at 5:57 PM, kablue said:

Thanks. As soon as I read the announcement I was hoping phantom would be in it. With phantom used to being the centerpiece of the Horror Makeup Show and how much they still talk about phantom/Lon Chaney there I thought it would be a great opportunity to use him.

Yes, I'm hoping they all look exactly how they did in Hollywood's house, should be really killer stepping into The Phantom's scene and hearing the loud organ and having him jump out from whatever side. Should be really cool :D

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎5‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 1:34 AM, themazethinker said:

monsters.PNG

You missed the Invisible Man:P

• Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
19 hours ago, Kichkinet said:

I can’t wait for this house!! Watched Hollywood’s version on YT and loved it, Also I bought the Universal Classic Monsters dvd set on eBay and watched them all! So excited:)

It's always good to be prepared, I cannot wait to see The Creature and Erik The Phantom, two of my favorites, I love all of the monsters but I'm just really excited that we will see The Creature get his due :) even though he was featured in 2012's House of Horrors but not many people speak of it. 

So... No real story to this house other than trying to escape the monster domains?

Or could we have an awesome reveal at the end with this being a classic monster movie marathon in the Universal Palace Theater with The Usher appearing... Please?

19 hours ago, HHN Pro 2 said:

So... No real story to this house other than trying to escape the monster domains?

Or could we have an awesome reveal at the end with this being a classic monster movie marathon in the Universal Palace Theater with The Usher appearing... Please?

It is pretty much the Hollywood version which is not bad but I think the sets will be different from Hollywood's but the monsters will still look sorta the same especially Frankenstein and Wolfman probably since Hollywood's is based on them. Also this would be a better version of what was House Of Horrors from back at 2012, that house was very rush where this one would be put a lot of love towards the Monsters and I cannot wait to see some references some of the films. I also cannot wait to see if they give us teaser pics inside the house like Murdy had done last year for their house.

Edited by HorrorUnearthed
  • Like 1

I think this is the house I am most excited for!! I grew up with classic Universal monsters and am beyond ecstatic that my first year will have a house dedicated to all the early greats. I can't wait to see how this comes to life. :)

• Like 2

On 7/1/2019 at 1:46 AM, Knottz said:

I think this is the house I am most excited for!! I grew up with classic Universal monsters and am beyond ecstatic that my first year will have a house dedicated to all the early greats. I can't wait to see how this comes to life. :)

I agree, I think my favorite Monster house would have to see Frankenstein: Creation From The Damned back at HHN 19 and also there is Dracula Legacy In Blood, when I experienced those and the fact that they were based on Hammer it was so cool, the House Of Horrors back at 2012, it was decent but had some cool effects but then when seeing the Monsters make their return in the All Nite Die In Double Feature scarezone, I was glad that wasn't going to be the last I'd see of them. :) 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I love this house and can't figure out if I like this or Graveyard Games as my favorite so far. It takes what you saw in 25 Years of Monsters and Mayhem and makes it into a knockout of a house. The queue is an awesome way to get you excited and combined with the opener it makes you feel like you're facing Titans. I don't think its possible to do this any better.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/7/2019 at 3:33 AM, Midnight Detective said:

I love this house and can't figure out if I like this or Graveyard Games as my favorite so far. It takes what you saw in 25 Years of Monsters and Mayhem and makes it into a knockout of a house. The queue is an awesome way to get you excited and combined with the opener it makes you feel like you're facing Titans. I don't think its possible to do this any better.

When the announcement video came out for this house was so intrigued how different our house would be from Hollywood's and then seeing the t-shirt design of the monsters definitely added to that idea until I got into this house, I was truly expecting a definitely big house, this house truly proved that, the transitional scenes were truly awesome, my friend scene in this house had to be the mirror room from The Phantom Of The Opera, I always loved every monster but Phantom was definitely on my anticipation list whenever Universal mentioned Monsters returning to the event in some capacity, this house is beautiful and definitely amust to experience once every time you go. :) 

• Like 2

• Mark M. changed the title to Universal Monsters