Universal Monsters

Mark M.

Universal-Monsters-Coming-to-Halloween-Horror-Nights-2019-900x563.jpg.3b7fe60300e32b7a723fc87bc9c63ee3.jpg

Terror is about to be unleashed with Universal Pictures’ iconic Universal Monsters coming to Universal Orlando’s Halloween Horror Nights.

In this all-new haunted house the world’s most terrifying monsters unleash havoc – thirsty for anything and everything in their paths. As you try to escape to safety, you’ll step into each monster’s domain – but beware – they refuse to let anyone get out alive…

Come face-to-face with Dracula in his gothic castle, the Wolfman in a dark Bavarian forest, and the man-made monster within Dr. Frankenstein’s lab. And if you survive them, you still may encounter the vicious Creature of the Black Lagoon, the ancient evil of the Mummy and more.

Very cool.  

Hoping Hollywood continues to focus on their modern form of Frankie.  Also hoping Slash returns with a soundtrack.  Honestly, it was the modern, visceral takes on the monsters along with the Slash music that did it for me (and the lack of empty black hallways and strobe scares in that house).

Would you like to have Slash's soundtrack in the Orlando version?

• Like 1

• zombieman changed the title to HHN 28: Universal Monsters
4 hours ago, DocNiktMarr said:

...There's a lot of ways that can be interpreted, and almost all of them could lead to interesting houses.

Houses...hmmm

48 minutes ago, zombieman said:

Very cool.  

Hoping Hollywood continues to focus on their modern form of Frankie.  Also hoping Slash returns with a soundtrack.  Honestly, it was the modern, visceral takes on the monsters along with the Slash music that did it for me (and the lack of empty black hallways and strobe scares in that house).

Would you like to have Slash's soundtrack in the Orlando version?

No Slash please. Give me all the frightening old school organ/orchestral compositions I can get! Seems they're familiarizing their audience for what's rumored to come.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Ringwraith said:

Houses...hmmm

No Slash please. Give me all the frightening old school organ/orchestral compositions I can get! Seems they're familiarizing their audience for what's rumored to come.

Yeah I figured they weren't going to bring him back for our house, which is still cool, I want to hear all of the soundtracks from those films they were excellent and really know how to work for the monsters when they pop out to get us lol, very jealous of Hollywood on getting Frankenstein Meets The Wolfman, I cannot wait to see that hopefully in the future come to us as well. It's great to see Universal Monsters get more of their due this year, it's been a long time and after last year, I would love to see where they go from here :)

Slash looks to be returning to score Hollywood's monsters Frankenstein vs Wolfman maze

Frankenstein Meets The Wolfman delves deeper into the Universal Monsters' lore. Loosely based on Universal's 1943 horror movie of the same name, this re-imagined tale for the 21st century takes guests on a terrifying journey that bears witness to deadly confrontation between these two horror icons and the epic battle that rages between them.

Guests will follow in the footsteps of the Frankenstein Monster, lured by exotic music towards a nearby gypsy camp while desperately seeking sanctuary from a mob of angry villagers determined to destroy him. It is within the gypsy encampment that the Frankenstein Monster meets The Wolfman and where the madness begins as guests are led along a path of destruction through the murky Moors, to a creepy cemetery and into the smoldering ruins of Castle Frankenstein and it's icy cellars beneath.

• Like 1

Personally I wouldn't mind the Slash music as I didn't think it was half bad and Orlando might choose to use it since it's already just sitting there. I can see them wanting to switch it up as well as they used the classic music back at HHN 22 for the House of Horrors.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Gambit said:

Personally I wouldn't mind the Slash music as I didn't think it was half bad and Orlando might choose to use it since it's already just sitting there. I can see them wanting to switch it up as well as they used the classic music back at HHN 22 for the House of Horrors.

Oh no, Slashs' music is really good, I'm just thinking that Hollywood probably wants theirs to only feature him since it would be a little different from ours. I mean also Universal has a plethora of scores from the films that I think they'd be dying to use as well as the ones featured in the 2012 house. Regardless the house is going to be a smash hit for sure. :)

Edited by HorrorUnearthed

1 hour ago, HorrorUnearthed said:

I wouldn't doubt it being somewhere in the front of the park, possibly where either Scary Tales & Poltergeist were last year.

Legacy said on IU that it will be where seeds was last year. Also I personally didn’t think Orlando would be using slash music because of the fact they didn’t use it in the announcement trailer. Hope I’m wrong tho I listen to monsters album all the time and would love to experience it in the maze!

• Like 1

Just now, USHER6998 said:

Legacy said on IU that it will be where seeds was last year. Also I personally didn’t think Orlando would be using slash music because of the fact they didn’t use it in the announcement trailer. Hope I’m wrong tho I listen to monsters album all the time and would love to experience it in the maze!

I agree that Slash is not looking hopeful for Orlando (although I bet he'd love to have it used).  It wasn't just one tune; it varied throughout based on the monster, so it would be very easy to adapt.  Another thing that made Hollywood's so successful was emptying into a scarezone themed to the house - that had its own Slash music carrying into it.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, USHER6998 said:

Yeah that's what I was thinking if they used the parade building where Seeds was last year, it would definitely be a perfect opportunity for them to have an awesome stellar facade for either Dracula's castle or Frankenstein's, maybe eventually we'll get something with Slash coming to our event in the later years because music for Hollywood's maze and even for Klownz was just awesome stuff, would love to see what other properties he would work with Universal on.

So what's coming to my mind right now though since we have 3 houses down and 7 more to go, it looks like we could be seeing potentially 4 ips and 3 originals on the table at the moment? What do you guys think? I mean what do you think we could be see coming next which definitely has to be an original. Whether it could be the rumored Leave It 2 Cleaver or Swamp Yeti or the speculated underwater house

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, zombieman said:

I agree that Slash is not looking hopeful for Orlando (although I bet he'd love to have it used).  It wasn't just one tune; it varied throughout based on the monster, so it would be very easy to adapt.  Another thing that made Hollywood's so successful was emptying into a scarezone themed to the house - that had its own Slash music carrying into it.

I’m seeing him at hard rock in August and I’m really hoping he plays some of his horror night pieces probably wishful thinking tho

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, littlegreenghouls said:

either a ss house or parade blding. 
  this is going to be huge draw. 

A lot of potential and a lot of writing and passion in this one, seems like it's going to be fan-favorite but we definitely gotta see how the other ones will be in comparison to this house.

3 hours ago, Midnight Detective said:

I love the artwork and couldn't be more excited to see all the monsters in their folklore "homes"

I hope they make a poster and shirt for it, this artwork and Hollywood's Frankenstein Meets The Wolfman posters are just killer, definitely gonna be a lot of cool Universal Monsters merch :D

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, littlegreenghouls said:

either a ss house or parade blding. 
  this is going to be huge draw. 

I'm not convinced it will be a big draw for Orlando based on the property alone.

In Hollywood, it had a nothing facade, and it was in a location that is regarded as the worst venue in the park - one that tends to draw crowds of only people entering and exiting the park, subject to long narrow halls.  However, later in the event, it consistently had good lines.  I feel it was a huge standout because it specifically avoided the repetitive black box scares and had an absence of black hallways - even if it meant just throwing up some wallpaper, they had no black halls.

Murdy cut no corners with this house.  It was old-school good.  The rest of the houses got what has become the new normal for Hollywood.

In Orlando, this house would have been on par with, say, Slaughter Sinema (which was still a great house).  It wasn't as detailed as a Carnival Graveyard or a Trick R Treat.  Wasn't as intense as a Poltergeist.  Wasn't as grand as a Scary Tales.  So when you take the best house on the worst street and place it on Rodeo Drive, it tends to get lost.  But I think it has the potential to become a sleeper like Seeds of Extinction.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, HorrorUnearthed said:

Yeah that's what I was thinking if they used the parade building where Seeds was last year, it would definitely be a perfect opportunity for them to have an awesome stellar facade for either Dracula's castle or Frankenstein's, maybe eventually we'll get something with Slash coming to our event in the later years because music for Hollywood's maze and even for Klownz was just awesome stuff, would love to see what other properties he would work with Universal on.

So what's coming to my mind right now though since we have 3 houses down and 7 more to go, it looks like we could be seeing potentially 4 ips and 3 originals on the table at the moment? What do you guys think? I mean what do you think we could be see coming next which definitely has to be an original. Whether it could be the rumored Leave It 2 Cleaver or Swamp Yeti or the speculated underwater house

I would love an underwater house, if it was anything along the lines of dead waters i think that would be super good.

• Like 2