Nightingales: Blood Pit

hunnylvr

On 4/24/2019 at 11:42 AM, Brandon said:

I loved the first house but I’m curious how they tell the story for this one. I feel like the WWII setting was better fitting. But hey, I could be wrong. I hope my assumptions are proven wrong. 

Yeah I mean I felt like that when they announced Scary Tales, I love the Scary Tales series and I was very curious on how they'd make it happen this time around and they did a tremendous job with that house and I was constantly trying to go in as many times, Nightingales Blood Prey was truly excellent, I hope they deliver as much of what they did with The Fallen sort of but a little more bloodier, gore and put a little more into the action and seeing what the Nightingales are even more capable of now than when we had seen them then. Hopefully we see them even more grotesque and horrifying since this seems to be a prequel is what I'm thinking, I'd love to see where they go from here with this house and hopefully we get a teaser video because Blood Prey was given one, so I wonder why not this one.

On 4/18/2019 at 4:03 PM, Drummanmatt said:

I hope they use Mars by Holst as part of the soundtrack. That is pretty dramatic music and would work so well in the middle of a blood pit lol

It sounds like a really cool track, it also reminds me of something that could have been played in Seeds Of Extinction as well, it would definitely add a lot of intensity in the Nightingales house though, hearing this and seeing them pop from every corner and victims jumping out from all sides. It would be crazy cool lol.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What made the original Nightingales one of my all time favorite houses was the setting. Going into the trench mid battle was intense, but throwing the Nightingales into the mix took it to another level. I'm hoping we get to see some of the gladiators battling it out with the Nightingales, just like the soldiers in the trench did. I'm wondering if we are going to be placed in the actual gladiator arena, like a coliseum, or if most of the house will be taking place in some underground type of setting. The HHN team has gotten really good at making the houses feel like they are bigger then they really are, both in setting and number of scare actors. Carnival Graveyard had some scenes that made the house appear to be enormous and the Foresaken did a great job at making the house feel like it was swarming with the Foresaken. If we can get a scene in the coliseum with some gladiators and Nightingales battling it out, this house would be pretty epic. 

• Like 2

I do hope they make this and Yeti both gory houses for sure, after that sneak picture in the house from Aiello, its definitely going to be really cool, I wonder how they will top Blood Prey but I think they'll reach the challenge with this house, 70 days left till we return to the fog, cannot wait >:)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

This house deserved a sound stage. I can see why people are polarized on it but I have full faith as the cast gets in to their groove this will quickly rise up everyone's lists. Intensity is needed to make up for the lack of settings but between the angles of attack and the creatures themselves it can be done. I just wish it had a better, open arena finale.

Edited by Midnight Detective
  • Like 2

I only have one word for this house: stink. It didn’t improve immersion because it kind of just smelled like dirt. That last room with the Nightingales finally hits you with that good HHN fog smell, though, and I actually said that out loud in the house.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

During UTH, our guide explained that after you go through the armory tunnels, that the chaos of the games and Nightingales has caused the Colosseum to collapse completely.  So when you go into the room with all the torn apart and hanging bloody bodies from above, you're going through the wreckage of the collapse, and the man on the right is the Emperor, fearing for his life.

Then after that, the rest of the house is no longer the Colosseum, but instead the bloody streets of Ancient Rome. And the big thing on the right being turned is the gate being opened, unleashing the lion on the left.

And finally, the ending is the deep caverns where the most vicious Nightingales await. 

• Like 3

Last night, I did this one of the last houses while it was storming because it fit well the story, the cast seemed fresh and got me way better than before, the lion was off sadly but every scare was really good, the sets are amazing and the intensity level in my group was up there which each scare hitting each one lol, not to mention the rotting stench still gets the best of me lol.

Edited by HorrorUnearthed

• Mark M. changed the title to Nightingales: Blood Pit