Nightingales: Blood Pit

hunnylvr

8 minutes ago, HorrorUnearthed said:

They haven't revealed it but its pretty much a safe bet at this point, I don't see them having the house in the front of the park, it'd be suited better in the back.

Alright. 

Holy crap, this house is gonna be gooood.

• Like 2

I am beyond myself with excitement for this.  In 2011, my wife and I somehow managed to go through the Nightingales house at the end of the night BY OURSELVES.  It is one of my most cherished HHN memories.  With how crowded the event is now, I fear that may never happen again, so I treasure it even more.  The actors that night had a field day with us - attacking from all sides as we were literal bait wandering through alone.   It was amazing!   It's just another reason I love, love LOVE the Nightingales!  Plus, this concept is very original, and it sounds like it will be a top performer for sure.  I'm just thrilled! This made my whole weekend, and it technically hasn't even started yet (glances at clock, can't believe how goddam slow it goes on a Friday..). 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, mystiquephreeq said:

Tunnels under the Coliseum. Underground tunnels. 

The codename for this house is , most likely Pit, kinda like Zero was DE:PZ. 

I hear ya, but then you can make it any timeline or location. In choosing Rome, during a drought, I think they have some big plans above ground as well.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HHN Pro 2 said:

So Sprung 1 is our location?

Uni is awaiting our thoughts on using a Sprung tent for this house.  We are the approval committee, after all.

11 minutes ago, Ringwraith said:

I hear ya, but then you can make it any timeline or location. In choosing Rome, during a drought, I think they have some big plans above ground as well.

The time period and setting alone provide a unique house.  Why on earth would it be timed during a drought?  

I simply HAD to Google this: "Did Romans use scarecrows?"

The Egyptians used the first scarecrows in recorded history to use to protect wheat fields along the Nile River from flocks of quail. ... Almost simultaneously with the Greeks and Romans, Japanese farmers made scarecrows to protect their rice fields. They made scarecrows called kakashis, shaped like people.

MASH-UP HOUSE!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

The house isn’t taking place during the drought...

It’s taking place right as the drought breaks. 

I was going to move all the N:BP2 posts to the N:BP2 thread, but I can’t figure it out. 

I did figure out that we have to use 2 for Nightingales. Blood Prey/Blood Pit. Initials all the same. They make our acronym life hard. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, mystiquephreeq said:

They are implying it's during the drought.  Edit: It is rather ambiguous.  A drought is not usually declared until rain has not happened for a long time.  One would think they would run out of gladiators rather quickly.

"Wasn't it supposed to rain last week?"

"Yep."

"Kill the weatherman and declare a marathon gladiator season.  Damned climate change."

Story

Ancient Rome is suffering its worst drought in centuries. The ruthless emperor has declared the gladiatorial games to continue nonstop until the rains return. The gruesome bloodshed of the games is horrifying enough, but then come the creatures.

Did anyone else think "Saws & Steam" for a moment when you read about no rain and blood soaked ground?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, mystiquephreeq said:

Rumor is:

It’s not in an SS. I’m ok with this. 

In my opinion it'll work better in a tent. I bet this house will be good even in daylight. More importantly something like this doesn't benefit from temperature control

Also I'm really hoping the house ends with the drought breaking...

Edited by Midnight Detective
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, HHN Pro 2 said:

Really? Where else could it go?

parade blding. 
 I feel like the new blding. 
 I think they wanted to roman house. 
 I am certain this might be because the giant lion puppet created for scary tales?   
 I am excited for this house. 
 I doubt that I will get cast for this house. I believe that Fit male based house and Skinny and tall females like last time. 
I got scared during last house of Nightingales, so I am interested in this house.

11 hours ago, mystiquephreeq said:

Well...

Um..apparently...I...uh...

There will be rain. Or there was suppose to be rain. Rain was mentioned in some way. 

*mumbles I was promised wet gladiators*

Uh...

blood is wet

bloody gladiators are wet gladiators

• Like 1

Another thing I love about this maze is that, it's another prequel for an original maze, I mean we've seen some really cool sequels to some of the originals and after seeing the prequel for Dead Exposure, I'd love to see how this will do, it's gonna be awesome to see the Nightingales more vicious and creepier than the last time we saw them, nothing is holding them back. The creatures indulging in a feeding frenzy, it should definitely be a hoot. Also seeing how they pull off the Gladiators and the settings, hopefully we'll get a little teaser video somewhere down the line because I'd like to see what we could be in for in this maze and some concept art if it's possible you know. :)

Edited by HorrorUnearthed

7 minutes ago, littlegreenghouls said:

I will be highly disappointed if there isn't a Nightingale in gladiator gear.

That would be really cool, it also makes me wonder, we know that the Nightingales will shape shift, I wonder if we will be seeing some Nightingale Gladiators, that would be really cool to see happen. The thoughts of what the facade could look like is killing me lmao, regardless though, it should be worth the wait, I love to see what this one will deliver as much as the last one has back at 21. Hopefully they'll give us more details in the coming weeks or so.

I could be completely wrong but I just got a sense that they said it was during a drought as an excuse for why the gladiator games were going on for so long that the ground was drenched in blood. Therefore attracting the Nightingales. Thatvwas a very superstitious time so having the games go nonstop and sacrificing that many gladiators to the gods seems like something they could have done in hopes for the gods blessing them with rain. 

• Like 3

On 4/12/2019 at 2:47 PM, mystiquephreeq said:

It’s taking place right as the drought breaks. 

I was going to move all the N:BP2 posts to the N:BP2 thread, but I can’t figure it out. 

I did figure out that we have to use 2 for Nightingales. Blood Prey/Blood Pit. Initials all the same. They make our acronym life hard. 

I personally feel like Nightingales: Pit of Blood sounds better .... But that is just nit picking what sounds like it could be an awesome house.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Midnight Detective said:

I wonder how similar this will be to the Gladiator section of Run: Blood, Sweat and Tears?

Calling the Facade to be the outer wall of the Coliseum and that's why it's all the way in the back of the park. I bet its massive 

Yeah that's what I was thinking, I could see them reusing some of the costumes from that maze in this one, hopefully some other references make their appearance in this house, I think we can for sure bet there will something referencing the Terra Guards or Terra Queen in here in some way.

I always have an idea of what a house will be, and then A&D goes ahead and makes something way better - but if I was designing this house it would:

Open with crossing through the center of the arena --> advance to rooms such as the armory, animal cages (perfect opportunity for a bear scare), medical area, etc --> end with a return to the arena now covered in bodies and resulting in an all out brawl with raining blood. 

There is SO MUCH they could do with this and I'm pretty excited 

• Mark M. changed the title to Nightingales: Blood Pit