HHN 29 - Official Attendance list

HALLOWEEN HORROR NIGHTS 29

If you are going to HHN this year and know the nights you are visiting, then make a post with those dates as well as any of the letters from the Key below that apply to you.

Please try to post only if you are mostly certain you will be attending that night. If you need to make an update to add or remove nights, please make a new post! I do not get alerted when you edit an existing post. When you want to make changes, make a new post so I see it. I will attempt to update at least once per week.

Official Dates for HHN 29 - more nights than ever!    41 42 nights over 9 weeks!! 

September: 6, 7, 8, 12, 13, 14, 15, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29

October:  2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21*, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 29, 30, 31

November: 1, 2 

* MONDAY October 21st added on 9/17/19!  Expect this night to be D-E-A-D.  Excellent time to go

Key

S = Stay and Scream (Annual Pass or Parks during the day)

E = Express Pass

D = Legal Drinking age

If you are doing a RIP, UTH tour or Scareactor Dining, feel free to include the date/time/guide info in your post

I can't make a new post without it merging, so here is the format your post should be in. Doesn't have to be exact, just make sure I can understand it.

Here is an example of what to post so that I can fill in the info:

9/20:  Zombieman (+0): S/D/E +  UTH (AM/PM)

This means:

• Zombieman will attend 9/20
  • He will be attending himself (+0)
  • He is using Stay and Scream, is of drinking age, and is using an Express pass
  • He is doing the UTH tour that day, both AM and PM tours.

Pass upgrade options - Universal has historically allowed Frequent Fear tickets to be upgraded with the following rules:

• Upgrade must physically take place at Guest Services (not ticket booths or over the phone or online).  You must show your old ticket; do NOT throw it away!
  • Upgrade not allowed once current pass has expired (i.e. must upgrade Rush of Fear before final night of Rush of Fear).
  • Upgrade cost will be the delta of existing ticket and new ticket.
  • If you had Express add on on original ticket, upgrade MUST include Express.
  • If you did NOT have Express on original ticket, upgrade can include Express, but upgrade cost will obviously be higher.
  • Upgrade options are based on how current ticket has been used
    • Example 1: Rush of Fear was used on Friday 9/20.  Cannot Upgrade to Frequent Fear, because 9/20 was not a date available to that tier.
    • Example 2: Rush of Fear was used on Saturday 9/21.  Can only upgrade to Ultimate Frequent Fear, as 9/21 was not available to any other tier.  
  • In 2018 and before HHN started, Universal announced that tickets could ONLY be upgraded to Ultimate Fear.  Clearly they did not stick to that rule, or made exceptions under special circumstances.  It always pays to call Guest Services and politely ask.

How I upgraded my Rush of Fear pass in 2018: I had returned from my mid September trip to HHN. I called Guest Services from California on the last day of the Rush of Fear.  I told them I would book another package for an HHN trip late October if they would let me upgrade my ROF+Express pass.  They made a special order # via email for me to do this.  This order number was crucial.  I showed the email to the employee at Guest Services, and he instantly understood what was going on.  Had I not had that order number, I would be SOL.   I The only downside was that because I went one Saturday with my ROF+Express, I had to upgrade to the Ultimate+Express.  It was a $300 upgrade. I did not have to pay in advance, and paid at Guest Services in late October, referencing the order.  I was very nervous, because I flew across the country with only my old, expired Rush of Fear ticket.  Upgrade at Guest Services took about 5 min. They did not charge me tax on the upgrade, and gave me a few daytime paper Express passes because I came so far!  The line at Guest Services on an HHN night is easily 90 min; go very early in the day. 

Attempting to add a crowd index this year.  These are based on MY experiences and reading of others' past experiences.  Take them with a HUGE salt lick.

[1] - Small crowds (Express not needed).  Peak house wait=about 50 min.  Avg house wait=about 20 min.  Avg Express wait=about 5 min

[2] - Moderate crowds (Check crowds and decide on Express).  Peak house wait=about 75 min.  Avg house wait=about 30 min.  Avg Express wait=about 10 min

[3] - Large crowds (Express recommended).  Peak house wait=about 120 min.  Avg house wait=about 45 min.  Avg Express wait=about 15 min

[4] - Huge crowds (Express highly recommended).  Peak house wait=about 150 min.  Avg house wait=about 60 min.  Avg Express wait=about 20 min

[5] - Massive crowds (Do not attempt without Express).  Peak house wait=about 180 min.  Avg house wait=about 75 min.  Avg Express wait=about 25 min

These indices are estimates based on historical data.  Please comment if you think my numbers are out of whack.

Rush of Fear nights are in Green - 17 event nights ($110 / $335 with Express).  Use Express 3 nights and it pays for itself.

Frequent Fear nights are in Purple - 26 event nights ($120 / $375 with Express).  Use Express 3 nights and it pays for itself.

Frequent Fear Plus nights are in Red - 34 event nights ($140 / $460 with Express).  Use Express 4 nights and it pays for itself.

Ultimate Frequent Fear nights are in Yellow - 41 event nights ($260 / $680 with Express - includes free parking after 5 pm all nights).  Use Express 5 nights and it pays for itself.

WEEK 1 

Friday, September 6th (Rush of Fear, Frequent Fear, Frequent Fear Plus, Ultimate Frequent Fear) - Crowd Index 3

- Pingwun (+0) S/D/E - PM Pingwun if you are interested in going as a group

Saturday, September 7th (Rush of Fear, Frequent Fear, Frequent Fear Plus, Ultimate Frequent Fear) - Crowd Index 3

Sunday, September 8th (Rush of Fear, Frequent Fear, Frequent Fear Plus, Ultimate Frequent Fear) - Crowd Index 1

WEEK 2 

Thursday, September 12th (Rush of Fear, Frequent Fear, Frequent Fear Plus, Ultimate Frequent Fear) - Crowd Index 1

Friday, September 13th (Rush of Fear, Frequent Fear Plus, Ultimate Frequent Fear) - Crowd Index 3 

Saturday, September 14th (Rush of Fear, Ultimate Frequent Fear) - Crowd Index 3

Sunday, September 15th (Rush of Fear, Frequent Fear, Frequent Fear Plus, Ultimate Frequent Fear) - Crowd Index 1

WEEK 3

Wednesday, September 18th (Rush of Fear, Frequent Fear, Frequent Fear Plus, Ultimate Frequent Fear) - Crowd Index 2

Thursday, September 19th (Rush of Fear, Frequent Fear, Frequent Fear Plus, Ultimate Frequent Fear) - Crowd Index 2

Friday, September 20th (Rush of Fear, Frequent Fear Plus, Ultimate Frequent Fear) - Crowd Index 3

Saturday, September 21st (Rush of Fear, Ultimate Frequent Fear) - Crowd Index 3

Sunday, September 22nd (Rush of Fear, Frequent Fear, Frequent Fear Plus, Ultimate Frequent Fear) - Crowd Index 2

WEEK 4

Wednesday, September 25th (Rush of Fear, Frequent Fear, Frequent Fear Plus, Ultimate Frequent Fear) - Crowd Index 2

- Zombieman (+0) S/D/E

Thursday, September 26th (Rush of Fear, Frequent Fear, Frequent Fear Plus, Ultimate Frequent Fear) - Crowd Index 3 

- Zombieman (+0) S/D/E

bridgeb3  (+2) S/D/E

Friday, September 27th (Rush of Fear, Frequent Fear Plus, Ultimate Frequent Fear) - Crowd Index 4

- Zombieman (+0) S/D/E + UTH (AM/PM)  

bridgeb3  (+2) S/D/E

Saturday, September 28th (Rush of Fear, Ultimate Frequent Fear) - Crowd Index 4

- Zombieman (+0) S/D/E

bridgeb3  (+2) S/D/E

Sunday, September 29th (Rush of Fear, Frequent Fear, Frequent Fear Plus, Ultimate Frequent Fear) - Crowd Index 3

- Zombieman (+0) S/D/E

- faceleg (+1) S/D + UTH (AM/PM)

- StupidStupidDan (+1) S/D

bridgeb3  (+2) S/D/E + UTH (AM/PM)

WEEK 5

Wednesday, October 2nd (Frequent Fear, Frequent Fear Plus, Ultimate Frequent Fear) - Crowd Index 2

- faceleg (+1) S/D

Thursday, October 3rd (Frequent Fear, Frequent Fear Plus, Ultimate Frequent Fear) - Crowd Index 3

- faceleg (+1) S/D

Friday, October 4th (Frequent Fear Plus, Ultimate Frequent Fear) - Crowd Index 4 - The UUOP crew will be doing the sold-out "Weekender" event at HHN.  You may see them there.

- faceleg (+1) S/D

Saturday, October 5th  (Ultimate Frequent Fear) - Crowd Index 5 - The UUOP crew will be doing the sold-out "Weekender" event at HHN.  You may see them there.

Sunday, October 6th (Frequent Fear, Frequent Fear Plus, Ultimate Frequent Fear) - Crowd Index 3 - The UUOP crew will be doing the sold-out "Weekender" event at HHN.  You may see them there.

- drummanmatt (+0) S/D/E

WEEK 6

Wednesday, October 9th (Frequent Fear, Frequent Fear Plus, Ultimate Frequent Fear) - Crowd Index 3

- drummanmatt (+0) S/D/E

Thursday, October 10th (Frequent Fear, Frequent Fear Plus, Ultimate Frequent Fear) - Crowd Index 4

- drummanmatt (+0) D/E

Friday, October 11th (Frequent Fear Plus, Ultimate Frequent Fear) - Crowd Index 4

- Ueeediot (+1) D/E 

Saturday, October 12th (Ultimate Frequent Fear) - Crowd Index 5

- drummanmatt (+0) UTH (AM/PM)

Sunday, October 13th (Frequent Fear, Frequent Fear Plus, Ultimate Frequent Fear) - Crowd Index 3

- Ueeediot (+1) D/E

- drummanmatt (+0) S/D/E

WEEK 7

Thursday, October 17th (Frequent Fear, Frequent Fear Plus, Ultimate Frequent Fear) - Orange County Schools out today - Crowd Index 4

- Ueeediot (+1) D/E

- drummanmatt (+0) S/D/E

Friday, October 18th (Frequent Fear Plus, Ultimate Frequent Fear) - Orange County Schools out today - Crowd Index 5

- Ueeediot (+1) D/E

Saturday, October 19th (Ultimate Frequent Fear) - Crowd Index 5

Sunday, October 20th (Frequent Fear, Frequent Fear Plus, Ultimate Frequent Fear) - Crowd Index 4

WEEK 8

Monday, October 21st (Frequent Fear, Frequent Fear Plus, Ultimate Frequent Fear) - Crowd Index 1  <--- Date added 9/17/19

Wednesday, October 23rd (Frequent Fear, Frequent Fear Plus, Ultimate Frequent Fear) - Crowd Index 3

Thursday, October 24th (Frequent Fear, Frequent Fear Plus, Ultimate Frequent Fear) - Crowd Index 4

Friday, October 25th (Frequent Fear Plus, Ultimate Frequent Fear) - Crowd Index 5

Saturday, October 26th (Ultimate Frequent Fear) - Crowd Index 5

Sunday, October 27th (Frequent Fear, Frequent Fear Plus, Ultimate Frequent Fear) - Crowd Index 4

WEEK 9

Tuesday, October 29th (Frequent Fear, Frequent Fear Plus, Ultimate Frequent Fear) - Crowd Index 2

Wednesday, October 30th (Frequent Fear, Frequent Fear Plus, Ultimate Frequent Fear) - Crowd Index 3

Thursday, October 31st (Frequent Fear, Frequent Fear Plus, Ultimate Frequent Fear) - Crowd Index 3

Friday, November 1st (Frequent Fear, Frequent Fear Plus, Ultimate Frequent Fear) - Crowd Index 4

Saturday, November 2nd (Frequent Fear Plus, Ultimate Frequent Fear) - Crowd Index 4

• Like 1