Food and drinks

Kimmmm

12 hours ago, zombieman said:

From what I recall:

8 parts lemonade

1 part grenadine

Wave sealed bottles of vodka and triple sec over the glass.

Charge $10

Im kinda new to drinking and alcohol so what does “ wave sealed bottles of vodka and tripple sec over the glass” mean? Is it like a shot or something?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Kimmmm said:

Im kinda new to drinking and alcohol so what does “ wave sealed bottles of vodka and tripple sec over the glass” mean? Is it like a shot or something?

It was intended to be humorous.  The vat of drinks at HHN tends to be light in the alcohol, so we joke that they just wave a sealed bottle over the vat and call it an alcoholic drink.

You listed the 5 ingredients according to Universal.  They may have posted the recipe on one of their blogs; otherwise, trial and error is what it will take.  The wildcard is the lemonade, since it can be sweet, sour, strong or weak.  Let us know when you have the recipe!

That said, maybe there's a bartender in these forums who can help.

I'm going to guess it's something like this:

Fill 12 oz shaker with ice

Add 1/2 oz Blueberry Vodka, 1/2 oz Raspberry Vodka, 1/2 oz triple sec

Add lemonade to nearly full - I'd start with store-bought lemonade (i.e. Simply Lemonade). 

Mix the drink.

Finish with a splash of Grenadine mix*

From what I remember, no one ingredient overpowered another.  I didn't taste it and say "That's lemonade".  The sweetness seemed to be coming entirely from the grenadine.  A good flavored vodka will have a fairly pronounced fruit flavor.  Triple Sec is a liqueur that has a very strong orange flavor and will be a combination of bitter and sweet.  Grenadine is a non-alcoholic pomegranate syrup that is exceedingly sweet.

*HHN mixed their Grenadine with fruit pulp (I think it was raspberries - no seeds.  May have been blueberry pulp).  If you watched them make the drink, they poured from a big vat that was just lemonade and alcohol.  Then they took a small bottle and poured some red stuff into the drink.  The grenadine and fruit pulp tends to sink to the bottom of the glass, which is why the flavor of the drink changes as you drink it.  Sweeter at first.

I based these ratios on similar mixed drinks, and knowing that a 12 oz drink typically contains 1.5 oz of distilled spirits.

Since you're new to drinks, I'd just go to the local BevMo and not go crazy on expensive ingredients.  You better believe Universal spent as little as possible, and you still liked the drink, right?

Any grenadine syrup will do.

Get a cheap triple sec, like DeKuyper

As for the vodka, go for something like Smirnoff.  This is a common mid end brand.  There are cheaper brands, but you will use these later for other drinks, so might as well avoid the cheap vodka.  You will probably find 50ml (1.5 oz) Smirnoff bottles for under $2.  Get those since you are experimenting.  And don't try to be smart by buying Blue Raspberry - it's not the same as Blueberry + Raspberry.  Stick to the ingredient list.

For the fruit pulp, get a bag of frozen raspberries or a fresh one (if cheap) and push the pulp through a strainer.  You don't want the seeds in the drink.

• Like 1

For the record, I tried my recipe and it was spot on.

For those who don't want to spend $35 on Vodka, Bevmo sells the airline size ($2.50 for a 50ml bottle).  They had Smirnoff Raspberry and Stoli Blueberry.  

I used equal parts Raspberry Vodka, Blueberry Vodka, and Triple Sec, filled the rest with Minute Maid Lemonade, and splashed with Grenadine.  

The only thing I didn't have was the berry pulp.

Before taking my first sip, I turned on a Youtube video of HHN 28 Killer Klowns scarezone, closed my eyes, and I was there.

• Like 1