Halloween Horror Nights 29 Speculation

Mark M.

On 5/15/2019 at 3:42 PM, zombieman said:

Congrats!  WHEN you get hired, let us know where to find you!  We all know you're going to make it. 

Can you rank your roles over the years from best to worst?

Thanks for the education!

On 5/15/2019 at 3:42 PM, zombieman said:

Ranking my roles would easy but mildly hard. 
 There is a few back stories that lead to make these choices. 
 I really want to get hired again for hhn. 
If not I am going to focus on this horror shorts Anthology. I want to start shooting in August. 

1.  ghost in trunk of dead end. It's my first role. HHN 22
2.  Red Beard from Face/off HHN24  I had a lot of freedoms. Still didn't get to see the voodoo show. 
3. Chance minion in Chance street, I got first guest positive from scaring. I was Mister Face. HHN 26 
 4. Bodycollectors 25, I was Minion, Assistant, Great house and loved sharing SS with FvJ,  I was in new room every night. 
 5. Carnival Graveyard , Mama's Boy,  Best role cause I wore shorts and tank top. Got so many scares. 
 6. Walker 23, In front of mummy, I got few scares that I remember. They lost my original costume when I was off one night. 

- Slaughter Sinema- Cult of Beast baby, filled in for a day. I love that house, I would love to be hard cast in that house. 
 - Dead exposure - Doctor 1st room, Filled in for a day. They gave me a monkey puppet to scare with. 
- Vamp 85, rocker vamp, it was the street that I was stressed about becoming apart of fan base and the hyped.  It was fun street, I wanted to be in chucky street. 

I think we might get another heavy hitter reveal with in the next week or two due to that sale of bogo extra night for free ending June 5th 2019. 
 If you want to give the gift of scare. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

23 minutes ago, littlegreenghouls said:

Mostly likely, at least dozen of times per role.. Except the fill in roles from last year. 

Anyone, think that brightburn will be good? 

if you look at horror films that have anniversaries that are going this year?  you know Phantasm is having one this year. 

I think the hype is there, I'm hoping the movie lives up to the expectations but I'm gonna go in with low expectations and hoping it's good, after seeing The Prodigy, I'd love to see what this will bring to the table. I honestly would love to Phantasm finally make it's presence to the event, it's perfect for the event, from the Mausoleum to The Tallman and the little creatures, they could do a really good job with the house. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, littlegreenghouls said:

Ranking my roles would easy but mildly hard. 
 There is a few back stories that lead to make these choices. 
 I really want to get hired again for hhn. 
If not I am going to focus on this horror shorts Anthology. I want to start shooting in August. 

1.  ghost in trunk of dead end. It's my first role. HHN 22
2.  Red Beard from Face/off HHN24  I had a lot of freedoms. Still didn't get to see the voodoo show. 
3. Chance minion in Chance street, I got first guest positive from scaring. I was Mister Face. HHN 26 
 4. Bodycollectors 25, I was Minion, Assistant, Great house and loved sharing SS with FvJ,  I was in new room every night. 
 5. Carnival Graveyard , Mama's Boy,  Best role cause I wore shorts and tank top. Got so many scares. 
 6. Walker 23, In front of mummy, I got few scares that I remember. They lost my original costume when I was off one night. 

- Slaughter Sinema- Cult of Beast baby, filled in for a day. I love that house, I would love to be hard cast in that house. 
 - Dead exposure - Doctor 1st room, Filled in for a day. They gave me a monkey puppet to scare with. 
- Vamp 85, rocker vamp, it was the street that I was stressed about becoming apart of fan base and the hyped.  It was fun street, I wanted to be in chucky street. 

I think we might get another heavy hitter reveal with in the next week or two due to that sale of bogo extra night for free ending June 5th 2019. 
 If you want to give the gift of scare. 

Body Collectors 25 was one of our fave houses.  We had so much interaction with the actors in there.. we always stopped and golf-clapped for the spine-ripper.. and we always got intense looks for our Nightmares shirts.. I bet you were one of them.  :)  

Can't wait to hear where you'll be this year!

• Like 2

Time for v3.0 of the HHN29 Speculation Map! Now featuring ScareZones!
DISCLAIMER: Nothing on this map is official unless otherwise already announced by Universal.
It is based solely on current online speculation and will change often.

D7cuB0BW0AIUoSM?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 3
  • Confused 2
  • Love 1

13 minutes ago, Gambit said:
Time for v3.0 of the HHN29 Speculation Map! Now featuring ScareZones!
DISCLAIMER: Nothing on this map is official unless otherwise already announced by Universal.
It is based solely on current online speculation and will change often.

D7cuB0BW0AIUoSM?format=jpg&name=large

This... Honestly seems underwhelming. Ghostbusters, Nightingales, and Depths of Fear are really the only ones I'm really excited for. Hopefully they surprise us.

Also that scare zone line-up seems like the weakest line-up since Walking Dead Streets in 2013.

Looks like a great year for Rob Zombie fans. I like some of his music and that's about it. His stuff is just too derivative and not clever enough to feel like a homage to the time period Mr. Zombie clearly wishes he was living in. I mean, he actually seems like an ok guy and a total geek, so I can't "hate" him, but I love 70's horror and just can't get into his vanity projects. I think the Corpses house could be good though. Seems like it will make a much better haunted house than film for me. Just not excited at all about the Zone though. Being gross and unpleasant isn't scary or interesting enough. I envision it being like the Bone zone from 2017. The rest of the Zones could be good or awful. Will just have to see where the creative direction flows. Hoping Anarch-ade is video game related. Pretty excited about all the houses this year. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sinfear said:

I’m not really excited for house of 1000 corpses and ghostbusters honestly. The scarezones look interesting except for the Rob Zombie one. 

I'm happy to be getting a hard-R property like HoTC, but yeah, I get the feeling it won't be the best maze.

I don't feel GB fits with HHN, but I see it getting HoTY, mark it down.

Edited by OhHaiInternet95
  • Like 2

Regarding the rumored scare zones, it's a little underwhelming but there's opportunity for some bright spots.

Vikings in Central Park - It's a different theme then what we've seen before, and I can see some nice costumes in here. Especially if they toss some Norse mythology in here.

Plastic Surgery in Hollywood - For one, It's a clever touch to have this theme in this area. Secondly, while I'm not sure if this can carry a zone, I do know there can be some killer makeup/looks for this zone.

Rob Zombie (Be it music or films) in South Street/San Fran - I feel this one is a wild card. It would certainly have a "colorful" cast of characters, which could lead to some interesting interactions with them.

Zombieland in NY - I love the movie, but this would be my least anticipated zone since with the exception of the human cast...it's all generic zombies. I just don't see the point of using the IP when you could just do another Deadtropolis.

(Not gonna' touch the plaza zone since it sounds like the sources aren't quite sure what that zone is just yet.)

Now while the SZ's aren't too exciting, I will say I downright love the rumored house line-up. While I did enjoy 28, I like this years line-up more. There's a bigger variety of themes, creatures etc, and I think it's very well rounded with the serious, the straight-up gory, and the horror comedy.

• Like 2

I don't think will would see an Viking scarezone... 
 I am I think I would might be prime person if there was a viking street, I am bearded and long hair. 
 Also, I think that street of central park is going to be something different. 

Brightburn is opposite superman story. 

I don't know think Rob Zombie is that big of draw for hhn? 
 I enjoy his films, and music.  I think it would great partnership because if they did do casper friendly ghost house and stranger things another kid friendly section, they could deflect it because they have this hard R house and zone.  
  I don't need to see everything. 
 If you noticed, that the most famously scary horror movies are those which left the audience to imagine their own horror? 

I am actually quiet excited for Vikings, a local haunt has a Viking section in it and it was a lot of fun. I think it’ll be something unique in that area instead of the usual wooded creatures even though I love them and the pumpkins in the trees, to see a new theme is nice

• Like 2

10 hours ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

I'm happy to be getting a hard-R property like HoTC, but yeah, I get the feeling it won't be the best maze.

I don't feel GB fits with HHN, but I see it getting HoTY, mark it down.

I'm not too sure how well Ghostbusters fits with HHN either, but with how much Stranger Things used Ghostbusters to promote the second season of the show I'm expecting to see the Ghostbuster costumes in two houses this year.

10 hours ago, Tobias said:

Regarding the rumored scare zones, it's a little underwhelming but there's opportunity for some bright spots.

Vikings in Central Park - It's a different theme then what we've seen before, and I can see some nice costumes in here. Especially if they toss some Norse mythology in here.

Plastic Surgery in Hollywood - For one, It's a clever touch to have this theme in this area. Secondly, while I'm not sure if this can carry a zone, I do know there can be some killer makeup/looks for this zone.

Rob Zombie (Be it music or films) in South Street/San Fran - I feel this one is a wild card. It would certainly have a "colorful" cast of characters, which could lead to some interesting interactions with them.

Zombieland in NY - I love the movie, but this would be my least anticipated zone since with the exception of the human cast...it's all generic zombies. I just don't see the point of using the IP when you could just do another Deadtropolis.

(Not gonna' touch the plaza zone since it sounds like the sources aren't quite sure what that zone is just yet.)

Now while the SZ's aren't too exciting, I will say I downright love the rumored house line-up. While I did enjoy 28, I like this years line-up more. There's a bigger variety of themes, creatures etc, and I think it's very well rounded with the serious, the straight-up gory, and the horror comedy.

I'm not sure what to think of most of the rumored SZ's, but the one that interests me the most is actually Zombieland. They most likely can't build a fake amusement park, although there are other fun references they could add. For example a piano for the zombie kill of the week, a turned over truck full of snowballs, and of course zombie clown.

• Like 1

So, would Plastic Surgery just be a bunch of mad doctors and their victims, or will it go further... like, mannequin-esque doctors turning their victims into mindless plastic puppets for their own nefarious purposes?

Or is there a license I've never heard of here?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, krazyhorrorkid said:

Welp Scarezones look mediocre as hell. 

Can we conclude that Headlining Houses for Marketing are gonna be ST 2, HOTC, and Ghostbusters?

No, I think the backseat ips for this year will probably be Killer Klowns and HOTC while ST2 and Ghostbusters and Universal Monsters are gonna be the headlining ips, I wonder how they'd play em out in commercials and the promotional material but should be really cool.

3 hours ago, DocNiktMarr said:

So, would Plastic Surgery just be a bunch of mad doctors and their victims, or will it go further... like, mannequin-esque doctors turning their victims into mindless plastic puppets for their own nefarious purposes?

Or is there a license I've never heard of here?

Plastic Surgery scarezone sorta reminds me of the Pride character and her minions from 7 [HHN 21] Pride and her minions had so much wrong with their skin as if they had done too much plastic surgery they were obsessed with their image and wanted to look so perfect and they look hideous, I could see them going that route.

Rob Zombie's scarezone should be interesting, pulling out characters from his original music, maybe taking inspiration from the past Hollywood years back when they dived into the mind of Zombie, but the films they can replicate, The Devil's Rejects, The Haunting World of El Superbeasto, Lords Of Salem, 31, everything but the Halloween films which I can understand. Also it would look cool if they took inspirations from Zombie's event from the past.

Zombieland is pretty simple, just have the different rules on each building and the kill of the week whenever it happens, if it's timed or whatever, maybe show some scenes from the film while have some of the characters running around and trying to warn us to get away from the zombies. Crashed cars in certain areas and they gotta have the Hostess truck in the zone that would be hilarious.

Vikings seems very cheesy, I felt like it could be something that would involve Vikings fighting the dead or some evil force, sorta along the theme of The Fallen from 27 which would be interesting but I'm not sure, I hope they go into more detail with this one.

Anarch-ade, I don't know its just a thought but I feel like this could be their reference to Wreck It Ralph, I know some people think they could go the Nintendo route and maybe they will some characters in a joking way but I feel like Wreck It Ralph gone wrong and rebellious gamers and obviously chainsaw maniacs lol and since it's in the front it's probably going to be another photo op area maybe if they have the different signs for each house.

Edited by HorrorUnearthed
  • Like 2