Halloween Horror Nights 29 Speculation

Mark M.

2 hours ago, littlegreenghouls said:

Do you think since the popularity of Vamp 55/85 street was 50/50 theming and music? could we get another musical house? 

Alice Cooper, or Slash and Black Sabbath and or Judas priest or avenged sevenfold? 

Honesty you said two that could return, Alice Cooper's house at 2012 was a favorite of mine, a few of my friends didn't know who he was and were so confused by the music and what was going on in the house but I was so happy to be in that house, I'm jealous of Hollywood having more experience with Alice Cooper getting Alice Cooper Go To Hell, wish we could have had that as well but understand that it could have just been California exclusive, Black Sabbath on the other hand would definitely be awesome to have over here after seeing Hollywood's with the Church facade and stuff, The Children of Grave, Lucifer and The War Pigs and the scenes were just so colorful and great, the music choice was even perfect too. Judas Priest and Avenged Sevenfold would be interesting but I don't see them going for it, honestly another two bands I could see is maybe KISS and Metallica, Metallica would be very creative with theirs, KISS I could see maybe Gene Simmons working with Universal in making a horror movie like maze, maybe a maze based of The Demon, that would be cool you know, hearing God of Thunder and experiencing the visuals of the song and the origin of the demon, it could work but that's if Gene would be so kind to work with Universal lol.

This is just my opinion.... but the only band I think could pull off a house is Metallica. They have mass appeal to a lot of people young and old and has dark content. I know its fashionable to hate on them but their music is perfect for a house and lot of it to choose from.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, StupidStupidDan said:

I mean...this would be pretty cool. I just saw it last night, and it was fantastic.

MV5BMTU4NTM4NDQyNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMjY0

Anna And The Apocalypse makes so much sense to me. Another Horror-Holidays house is definitely due by now, and this film could kill two birds with one stone by being a comedy house and a music-themed house. There's a lot of scenes that screamed Horror Nights in this film. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, nebulaexpress said:

Anna And The Apocalypse makes so much sense to me. Another Horror-Holidays house is definitely due by now, and this film could kill two birds with one stone by being a comedy house and a music-themed house. There's a lot of scenes that screamed Horror Nights in this film. 

Yup. Plus, zombies are fairly cheap to do too.

For scenes, I'm thinking...(mild movie spoilers)

Anna's house & street to the graveyard/playground

The graveyard/playground

The bowling alley

That Christmas tree lot (probably the scene that screamed HHN the most)

School hallway

The final battle in the auditorium

Back of the school with a musical finale.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, PeoriaBJJ said:

This is just my opinion.... but the only band I think could pull off a house is Metallica. They have mass appeal to a lot of people young and old and has dark content. I know its fashionable to hate on them but their music is perfect for a house and lot of it to choose from.

I like it lol, I mean it’s honestly that Metallics deserve to make their own maze and with Kirk Hammett being a massive horror fan, I mean it would great to see Kirk make music and his own maze Universal and have it for both coasts you know 

8 minutes ago, HorrorUnearthed said:

I like it lol, I mean it’s honestly that Metallics deserve to make their own maze and with Kirk Hammett being a massive horror fan, I mean it would great to see Kirk make music and his own maze Universal and have it for both coasts you know 

I'm surprised it hasn't happened sooner. I'd love to see the artistic interpretations of those album covers. Unfortunately it's such a pipedream though. 

Edited by nebulaexpress
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, zombieman said:

I could envision a Marylin Manson theme for a decent house.

I could see it, some of his albums like Antichrist Superstar, Mechanical Animals The Golden Age of Grotesque and maybe Born Villain could be used as centered themes, seeing Manson and many of the characters and stories from his songs could definitely recreated very well :) I don't see Manson denying the request too because I mean look to Sabbaths' maze, it was pretty cool and same goes for Coopers' two mazes in Hollywood and here Orlando even though not many people knew Alice Cooper was lol.

7 hours ago, nebulaexpress said:

I'm surprised it hasn't happened sooner. I'd love to see the artistic interpretations of those album covers. Unfortunately it's such a pipedream though. 

Yeah but also you gotta look at time constraints or just making things just come up, but never say never, I think it would spark up in a way, I'd love to see the Master Of Puppets' cover to come to life walking in between the crosses and the hand coming towards us while getting scared by every corner, seeing Old Smokey being used as a victim has fallen to it replicating the cover of Ride The Lightning, a snake pit like dark place as a homage to the Black Album and much more and can't forget about the songs, I could see Enter Sandman definitely being used in some form of way and stuff, it'd be cool see it happen ...And Justice For All with Lady Justice falling apart while seeing anarchy and omg after watching Through The Never, the Four Horseman character in the movie looked badass, it'd be cool to see him in that house, like I said there is so much material they could work, its all about getting with James and Lars, mostly Lars to see how they'd go about it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Brandon_Voorhees said:

I think a Slayer house for music would be awesome. Also a perfect send-off since they're breaking up (or so they say). 

Another perfect choice I could see them using the album covers as central base for the theming of the house and working with the band to create the house to line up with their music. I think Slipknot might make a house idk something just tells me they'll make one they did in their hometown in Iowa and they had scareactors wearing their costumes in it and I haven't seen any videos of the house, I don't think they'd allow video and photography in the house but I would sure love to see them bring that to the event, who wouldn't want to experience the different versions of the bands costumes from the years past to now. Megadeth is another choice as well, with albums like Peace Sells...But Who's Buying, Rust In Peace, Countdown to Extinction, list goes on and we can't forget about their Mascot as well Vic Rattlehead would definitely have to make his appearance throughout the house and give us scares all around. Another band Iron Maiden you got Killers, The Number Of The Beast, Piece Of Mind, Power Slave and so forth, it'd be cool to see Eddie all around in many different forms from each album cover coming after us and the victims he's made, the music serves as good material for them to use but it's wonder if creative would pull the trigger on making it happen, I know the higher ups are always going to try and crack down on ideas but they should at least look at these ideas and see and hear them out, they'd do good than ever making damages you know.

Edited by HorrorUnearthed
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

I think I remember someone (Legacy?) saying that they’re never doing another music house, only reason they did AC was because Hollywood did it.

That said, I place very high value on a house’s soundtrack. I think of the awesome southern rock soundtrack Creatures! had.

Creatures! will always be my guilty pleasure house. 

Also, unrelated, but with the new timeslot expansion, I feel like even more houses is guaranteed. Not only do those dates allow Universal to compete with MNSSHP, but it would make sense for Universal to give more time to hit up every single house. I'm sold on 11-12 houses TBH. Wouldn't be surprised if year 30 even starts in mid-late August to compensate for the rumored 13 houses. 

(But now im getting a bit ahead of myself)

Edited by nebulaexpress

10 minutes ago, nebulaexpress said:

TCM (26) is mine--concept completely lacking any originality/creativity, yet just a completely terrifying and menacing experience. What can I say, chainsaws are my weak spot.

Edited by OhHaiInternet95
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, nebulaexpress said:

Also, unrelated, but with the new timeslot expansion, I feel like even more houses is guaranteed. Not only do those dates allow Universal to compete with MNSSHP, but it would make sense for Universal to give more time to hit up every single house. I'm sold on 11-12 houses TBH. Wouldn't be surprised if year 30 even starts in mid-late August to compensate for the rumored 13 houses. 

(But now im getting a bit ahead of myself)

Yeah that screams dual parks but we will never see it happen, they say never say never but with the wizarding world of Harry Potter and stuff we’ll never see the light of day of dual parks. Would love to see the park be expanded abit more though :) 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HorrorUnearthed said:

Yeah that screams dual parks but we will never see it happen, they say never say never but with the wizarding world of Harry Potter and stuff we’ll never see the light of day of dual parks. Would love to see the park be expanded abit more though :) 

The dual parking was so magical. I can only dream of reliving such a grand-scale Horror Nights

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

TCM (26) is mine--concept completely lacking any originality/creativity, yet just a completely terrifying and menacing experience. What can I say, chainsaws are my weak spot.

They executed the maze well though, the one scene that caught me off guard was im guessing was supposed to be his room I couldn’t tell but you hear the screeching camera sound and flash and pops out with the chainsaw, I ran right out of that room lmao, I love the chainsaw drill team and how Universal changes the theme for the chainsaw drill team too but every time I enter the zone with chainsaw, I jog it out of there lmao 

1 minute ago, nebulaexpress said:

The dual parking was so magical. I can only dream of reliving such a grand-scale Horror Nights

Yeah I had always heard stories about why not they can’t bring it back mostly because the new expansives but that HHN 16 was the official calling to go back to where they started at the main park which is understandable, I just want them to just expand the park enough to have more, and with Nintendoland coming to play, I wonder how much space left they will have.

I sit here starting my holiday break, sipping a Totally Rad Punch (nailed the recipe), and wishing all of you Happy Horror Days.

Aiello bless us, everyone!

If any of you wonders what Zombieman does as a hobby during the non HHN season, check out the light show I do every year at my home.

This was the show in 2016.

Back to Speculation!  I have a feeling we might get another Stranger Things house next year :D

• Like 4

Happy Horror Days to everyone on here :) 

Not only do I think Stranger Things 2 is happening, what does everyone think about the rumor of Hill House? Yay or nay? 

Also 

Something tells me we haven't seen the last of Chucky in the future since the new Child's Play reboot, I feel like he'll making his way back into a house in 2020, because it looks like the movie is being promoted calmly with all these different artworks and the box art and stuff. Since it also won Street of the Year this year, I feel like they'll give it another try for a house in the future, 

What do you guys think? 

1 hour ago, HorrorUnearthed said:

Happy Horror Days to everyone on here :) 

Not only do I think Stranger Things 2 is happening, what does everyone think about the rumor of Hill House? Yay or nay? 

Also 

Something tells me we haven't seen the last of Chucky in the future since the new Child's Play reboot, I feel like he'll making his way back into a house in 2020, because it looks like the movie is being promoted calmly with all these different artworks and the box art and stuff. Since it also won Street of the Year this year, I feel like they'll give it another try for a house in the future, 

What do you guys think? 

Given how dramatically the IP pool has dried in the last year, they will milk the cows they have remaining for all they’re worth. I completely expect the Chuckster to reappear in the near future.

Edited by OhHaiInternet95
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

Given how dramatically the IP pool has dried in the last year, they will milk the cows they have remaining for all they’re worth. I completely expect the Chuckster to reappear in the near future.

Yeah true but there are still a lot of ips they can still go for but some of them will probably a little bit more time, like they get Hellraiser idk how they will put it off but Clive Barker seems like the guy that would agree to bring the franchise to the event just as long as it is done true to the image and content of the films which Universal shouldn't have a problem with. 

And also with the way they do the new movie it looks appealing, a lot of people love the hype and others hate it, I'm pretty much in the middle of it, I just wanna see how it does and hopefully if they do the maze that it doesn't just go offscript and other direction than what was in the movie, I mean even though Universal adds some original transitions to the ips to make em abit more cool to experience which is fine and dandy but I did wonder how the new movie will play out and when Universal will pull the trigger because to me I feel like he might be a house for us and maybe a terror tram or scarezone experience for Hollywood