Halloween Horror Nights 29 Speculation

Mark M.

My younger sister just moved down to Florida to start a new job this past month. So thankful that she's able to get a flight back up tomorrow to sit this out here. I'm hoping anyone not as fortunate can take every step possible to stay safe.

Here's hoping the Scare Zone props avoid damage from winds/flooding as well. I would imagine the houses will be fine, but the tent facades worry me a bit.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, FaceBagman said:

My younger sister just moved down to Florida to start a new job this past month. So thankful that she's able to get a flight back up tomorrow to sit this out here. I'm hoping anyone not as fortunate can take every step possible to stay safe.

Here's hoping the Scare Zone props avoid damage from winds/flooding as well. I would imagine the houses will be fine, but the tent facades worry me a bit.

Man every hour it seems like Dorian has a new path. This morning at least things look a lot better for Orlando/Florida of course flooding and some strong winds are a possibility but not as bad as before....I am hoping/praying that everything will be ok....but heck it wouldn't be HHN opening without a storm, right? lol!  But seriously hoping for the best and thankfully the latest forecast is looking good for Orlando

• Like 3

I’m on the east coast (just north of Daytona) and we’re hoping it turns north sooner than later. It’s gonna be the difference between bad and really, really bad. 

And I work in radio and do emergency updates throughout storms like this and I’m worried it’s gonna interfere with my HHN plans. I haven’t missed an opening night since I started going so fingers and toes are crossed!

2 hours ago, marc said:

I’m on the east coast (just north of Daytona) and we’re hoping it turns north sooner than later. It’s gonna be the difference between bad and really, really bad. 

And I work in radio and do emergency updates throughout storms like this and I’m worried it’s gonna interfere with my HHN plans. I haven’t missed an opening night since I started going so fingers and toes are crossed!

Good luck my friend. While of course we are thrilled it is looking like better news for Orlando, anyone in its path I am truly devastated for, especially anyone in our Nightmares community. I hope it turns away soon....

• Like 3

1 hour ago, zombieman said:

Employee Preview night.  Dish it, people!

Yes!!!!!! I wonder how much of HHN got resembled for tonight after all the take down and hurricane prep? Could effect the quality of tonight's event, but I am sure by weekend it'll be much better

58 minutes ago, MiBTkTk said:

So after doing Preview night I can genuinely say not 1 house was overly scary but I can say that's there's hope.

1. Stranger Things (SS25, exit by Music Plaza)

Sets were really nicely done, the vine tunnels were nice and spacious and oh man the Mind Flayer puppet was a site)

2. Nightingales: Blood Pit(Tent, exit by MIB)

Man this was the most unsettling to house this year, definitely got Scarecrow vibes off this one. Dark, gritty depressing.

3. Yeti: Terror of the Yukon ( SS24, exit by Fallon)

This house is cool, literally. Loved the sets and the Atmosphere. Fans of Krampus a few years back will be excited to know this has a Christmas type feel.

4. Ghostbusters (SS22, exit by Music Plaza)

The sets in this house are awesome anf the effects are top notch. Potential scares are there and the music will have you hyped.

5. Graveyard Games ( Parade Building, exit by ET)

This house had my high hopes and it was meh at best. Didn't have any creepy vibes to it and scares werent there. A huge let down for sure.

6. Universal Monsters ( New Parade, exit by ET) 

Another high hopes house that fell flat. Just not scary and to me it was a jumbled mess with no transition.

7. Killer Klowns(Shrek, exit by Mel's)

The costumes are not well hidden and its obvious where they jump out at. The paint was a cool touch but other than that didn't like it.

8. House of 1000 Corpses( MIB Tent, exit by MIB)

It was an ok house. The tunnels with corpses was unsettling but other than that it wae meh.

9. Depths of Fear ( Tent, exit by MIB)

This house was one i had high hopes for, sadly it fell way too flat. The fish costumes were oversized and comedic and just not Scary. The underwater Element isn't even noticeable at all.

10. Us(SS 24, exit by Fallon)

This was an awful house. Didn't find it scary, not even the mirror room. And it just felt short to me.

Overall, I'm not digging this family friendly vibe they're going for. I really miss 27 when everything seemed dark. To me this was the worst year by far since 22. Only houses ranked 1-4 are worth doing again in my books. The rest are up to your discretion.

I have put all the info in my review, Nightingales and Depths are the Spring Tents, not sure which is which.

Depths enters on the left, Nightingales on the right. Nightingales is where Scarecrow was for 27.

bruh u dont kno wht u talkin bout ideeott

tim and eric comedy GIF

Edited by Alohafriend

3 hours ago, MiBTkTk said:

So after doing Preview night I can genuinely say not 1 house was overly scary but I can say that's there's hope.

1. Stranger Things (SS25, exit by Music Plaza)

Sets were really nicely done, the vine tunnels were nice and spacious and oh man the Mind Flayer puppet was a site)

2. Nightingales: Blood Pit(Tent, exit by MIB)

Man this was the most unsettling to house this year, definitely got Scarecrow vibes off this one. Dark, gritty depressing.

3. Yeti: Terror of the Yukon ( SS24, exit by Fallon)

This house is cool, literally. Loved the sets and the Atmosphere. Fans of Krampus a few years back will be excited to know this has a Christmas type feel.

4. Ghostbusters (SS22, exit by Music Plaza)

The sets in this house are awesome anf the effects are top notch. Potential scares are there and the music will have you hyped.

5. Graveyard Games ( Parade Building, exit by ET)

This house had my high hopes and it was meh at best. Didn't have any creepy vibes to it and scares werent there. A huge let down for sure.

6. Universal Monsters ( New Parade, exit by ET) 

Another high hopes house that fell flat. Just not scary and to me it was a jumbled mess with no transition.

7. Killer Klowns(Shrek, exit by Mel's)

The costumes are not well hidden and its obvious where they jump out at. The paint was a cool touch but other than that didn't like it.

8. House of 1000 Corpses( MIB Tent, exit by MIB)

It was an ok house. The tunnels with corpses was unsettling but other than that it wae meh.

9. Depths of Fear ( Tent, exit by MIB)

This house was one i had high hopes for, sadly it fell way too flat. The fish costumes were oversized and comedic and just not Scary. The underwater Element isn't even noticeable at all.

10. Us(SS 24, exit by Fallon)

This was an awful house. Didn't find it scary, not even the mirror room. And it just felt short to me.

Overall, I'm not digging this family friendly vibe they're going for. I really miss 27 when everything seemed dark. To me this was the worst year by far since 22. Only houses ranked 1-4 are worth doing again in my books. The rest are up to your discretion.

I have put all the info in my review, Nightingales and Depths are the Spring Tents, not sure which is which.

Depths enters on the left, Nightingales on the right. Nightingales is where Scarecrow was for 27.

I know that at this point the event is literally tomorrow night and I’m going to be experiencing it myself then, but just curious: what are your thoughts on the Ghostbusters ghosts? My roommate got cast as a stilt performer in GB but I’m back in Georgia for school so I wasn’t at the preview and I haven’t asked him much about it yet. From the vague explanation he gave before his rehearsal and the emojis he put on a post about his set list, he has a prominent hat. I can’t find anything about a hat ghost but I’ve heard that the house ties together more content than from just the first Ghostbusters? Is that true?

18 minutes ago, itsabee said:

I know that at this point the event is literally tomorrow night and I’m going to be experiencing it myself then, but just curious: what are your thoughts on the Ghostbusters ghosts? My roommate got cast as a stilt performer in GB but I’m back in Georgia for school so I wasn’t at the preview and I haven’t asked him much about it yet. From the vague explanation he gave before his rehearsal and the emojis he put on a post about his set list, he has a prominent hat. I can’t find anything about a hat ghost but I’ve heard that the house ties together more content than from just the first Ghostbusters? Is that true?

I believe he may have been a ghost from the 2016 film based on that description? 

And to answer the question actually, the house so has been said is the first film with elements of the other two.

1 hour ago, ForeverEvil1 said:

I believe he may have been a ghost from the 2016 film based on that description? 

And to answer the question actually, the house so has been said is the first film with elements of the other two.

Awesome!! I noticed you didn't talk about the streets; no spoilers for any particularly cool or surprising effects please, but do you have thoughts on them? Expectations vs reality?

53 minutes ago, itsabee said:

Awesome!! I noticed you didn't talk about the streets; no spoilers for any particularly cool or surprising effects please, but do you have thoughts on them? Expectations vs reality?

I’m not the same guy as MiB above, but I will say I’m pretty sure streets were not complete last night though actors were out.