Halloween Horror Nights 29 Speculation

Mark M.

Hey, let's check in Horror Nights.  ...Huh, House of 1000 Corpses.   Meh, seen it before, and means we're getting less original houses this year, but it might be interesting to see Orlando's take on wait a minute.

All the houses and scarezones have been announced...and none of them are The Purge!

WE'RE FREE!  THE CURSE HAS BEEN LIFTED!

source.gif

• Like 7
  • Haha 5

On 8/22/2019 at 12:45 PM, Gambit said:

HHN 29 Full Commercial:

What's really sad, is with the amount of money it took for a location, CGI, crew, talent, crafty, and both sound and video editing for this commercial, they could have easily made a badass interactive website and built up excitement and anticipation. This commercial is just bad and marketing is 100% to blame. Marketing, get your heads out of your butts and give the power back to A&D to do what they do best.

Please.

Thank you.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Ringwraith said:

What's really sad, is with the amount of money it took for a location, CGI, crew, talent, crafty, and both sound and video editing for this commercial, they could have easily made a badass interactive website and built up excitement and anticipation. This commercial is just bad and marketing is 100% to blame. Marketing, get your heads out of your butts and give the power back to A&D to do what they do best.

Please.

Thank you.

Marketing at USO is laughably weak, extending into all of their seasonal events.  Quite frankly, for the amount of profit that HHN generates, they should have a specific marketing/social media team for this event, year-round.  

I'd love to see some of their resume work.  I can't imagine they have incredibly diverse backgrounds.  This is very basic, lazy campaign 101.

• Like 2

On 8/24/2019 at 5:26 PM, _Veritas_ said:

Ugh, dream job

It's a lot tougher than you'd think.

I work for a well known entertainment company in creative design and as much as I love it, it's a grind.  

You end up realizing that if you don't take mental health days away from it, what you love quickly becomes what you detest.

• Like 1

So Hurricane Dorian looks really concerning now not only for Puerto Rico but for Florida as well. From the charts, it's looking like it will hit the coast by Monday, September 9th at 110 MPH. I don't know much about hurricanes, but I would imagine they would want to play it safe and cancel Sunday the 8th to take a lot of the props to the back to protect them and such? I'd also think the Orlando area would start seeing an increase in wind speeds and some rain Sunday night. Again, I'm no meteorologist, but these are just my thoughts and what appears may sadly be the case. 

Any one hear any rumblings on this or have any stories on how the parks handled a hit from a hurricane in years past? 

Well as a Floridian and a person who's been to HHN during hurricane season I think that they'll still have the event because the hurricane is hitting this Sunday to next Tuesday so its before the event starts. Plus during Irma in 2017 they didn't delay the event even though the academy of villians stage collapse and the facade of scarecrow was kinda ruined with the corn being somewhat destroyed.

I recall extensive damage to haunts in 2004 when Jeanne wrecked Field of Screams at HHN and Corporate Nightmare at HOS.   HOS had to relocate the whole Corporate Nightmare house just before the event started.  Other than some flooding, HHN has not missed many nights due to hurricanes.   I was so surprised to see HHN take a second stab at growing a cornfield in  2017, only to see Irma chew it up.

In 14 years of going to HHN Orlando, I've only experienced one event night cancelled due to weather.

Best wishes to all of you out there.  I know landfall is 4-5 days off still.  I don't know how you handle it.  Out here in California, the only natural disasters are earthquakes and inept government.  I can't imagine what it would feel like if we could see an earthquake coming 4-5 days out.

1 hour ago, zombieman said:

I recall extensive damage to haunts in 2004 when Jeanne wrecked Field of Screams at HHN and Corporate Nightmare at HOS.   HOS had to relocate the whole Corporate Nightmare house just before the event started.  Other than some flooding, HHN has not missed many nights due to hurricanes.   I was so surprised to see HHN take a second stab at growing a cornfield in  2017, only to see Irma chew it up.

In 14 years of going to HHN Orlando, I've only experienced one event night cancelled due to weather.

Best wishes to all of you out there.  I know landfall is 4-5 days off still.  I don't know how you handle it.  Out here in California, the only natural disasters are earthquakes and inept government.  I can't imagine what it would feel like if we could see an earthquake coming 4-5 days out.

Wildfires too.

4 hours ago, MGregorio594 said:

So Hurricane Dorian looks really concerning now not only for Puerto Rico but for Florida as well. From the charts, it's looking like it will hit the coast by Monday, September 9th at 110 MPH. I don't know much about hurricanes, but I would imagine they would want to play it safe and cancel Sunday the 8th to take a lot of the props to the back to protect them and such? I'd also think the Orlando area would start seeing an increase in wind speeds and some rain Sunday night. Again, I'm no meteorologist, but these are just my thoughts and what appears may sadly be the case.

Unless a hurricane hits ON an actual event night the event will still go on as planned. The event was cancelled for 2 night in 2016 because of a hurricane but I think that may be it. We've had hurricanes hit before the event starts in 2004 and 2017 but it only altered certain aspects of the event and it still opened as scheduled. While there may be missing scenic in the scarezones the event can run as normal with the average guest not even noticing.

• Like 4