Halloween Horror Nights 29 Speculation

Mark M.

12 minutes ago, zombieman said:

House: Because it is reportedly an IP, probably some red tape.  Or maybe even it was agreed it would be final announcement.  Who knows?

Show: I've heard the rumors of an extra show, but won't believe it till I see it.  Seems to be the one item of true speculation that remains.  I know that the blog says "outrageous

This was on their official blog post today RE: 2nd Show
67911058-1187945411392301-45119305110100

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Ueeediot said:

I'm betting something to do with the fountains.

Like a horror-themed version of the Cinematic Celebration? Could be interesting, but I'm picturing the traffic jams it'd cause.

Edited by marc

HHN themed Cinematic Celebration....that would be interesting.  

I have not seen the new show yet - do they still have the giant floating golf balls?  I remember how they had horror themed lagoon shows for HHN back in the day.

Robosaurus (which screams 80's) is not scheduled to appear anywhere during HHN.  Just sayin... 

Is there any sign of a stage being built for the yet to be announced show?  Seems to me the old stage used for AOV would have been constructed by now.

If that looks unlikely, then there's always a "Death Drums" type show; otherwise, the lagoon seems pretty likely due to the limited remaining time.

Hard to believe there was a time when HHN was not too crowded for a parade, eh?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zombieman said:

HHN themed Cinematic Celebration....that would be interesting.  

I have not seen the new show yet - do they still have the giant floating golf balls?  I remember how they had horror themed lagoon shows for HHN back in the day.

Robosaurus (which screams 80's) is not scheduled to appear anywhere during HHN.  Just sayin... 

Is there any sign of a stage being built for the yet to be announced show?  Seems to me the old stage used for AOV would have been constructed by now.

If that looks unlikely, then there's always a "Death Drums" type show; otherwise, the lagoon seems pretty likely due to the limited remaining time.

Hard to believe there was a time when HHN was not too crowded for a parade, eh?

Last year was my first ever HHN and the idea of it not being a sea of people seems so wild to me. 

I would love a lagoon show.. I enjoyed the hell out of it when they had the monster movie collage going - what year was that? It was a while ago.  Kinda cool we actually have something else to speculate on.  However, I am sure the rest will be announced pretty quickly.  I'd suspect before week end.

So thrilled that Zombieland is coming!!  Rob Zombie.. meh..  

• Like 5

Once again, I am REALLY late to this party (Though I kept up with the official announcements)!
Before the 'Tooth Fairy' House got turned into 'Us,' does anyone know what its storyline was originally going to be?
When I hear the term "Tooth Fairy" used in a horror context, I immediately think of the horror film 'Darkness Falls' (Which, btw, I found REALLY underrated).

50 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

Once again, I am REALLY late to this party (Though I kept up with the official announcements)!
Before the 'Tooth Fairy' House got turned into 'Us,' does anyone know what its storyline was originally going to be?
When I hear the term "Tooth Fairy" used in a horror context, I immediately think of the horror film 'Darkness Falls' (Which, btw, I found REALLY underrated).

It appears that “Tooth Fairy” was actually called Bedtime Stories, and it was a twist on, well, children’s bedtime stories.

• Like 2

On 8/12/2019 at 3:45 PM, zombieman said:

do they still have the giant floating golf balls?

No, they have a fountain style show a la The Bellagio where they project onto the water spray.  We watched it during our trip in June 2019.   One and done.  It has absolutely nothing outside of commercials for the rides.

I thought the new lagoon show was kind of silly as well.  I mean, the effects were good, but the content was a snore.  However, if they projected a bunch of monsters there, I'd be into it.  

Rob Zombie.. meh.  I think he's an overrated hack.  NOTE:  THIS IS JUST MY OPINION.  I'm happy for those of you who like him.  I'm also happy there are nine other houses.

Wonder when they will tell us what the other show actually is?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, zombieman said:

So this is strange.  All of HHN 29 has been revealed....except for a show?  

An HHN Hollywood still has, what, THREE more houses to reveal?

Hollywood just has a original house (Pandora) to announce.

2 hours ago, hunnylvr said:

Rob Zombie.. meh.  I think he's an overrated hack.  NOTE:  THIS IS JUST MY OPINION.  I'm happy for those of you who like him.  I'm also happy there are nine other houses.

I def have my opinions of RZ (good and bad) but my biggest question is... why? It's just odd. I know there is the Three From Hell film coming out, but none of the marketing for this has tied in to that film so far, and this along with the scarezone just strike me as weird. Juts weird/random timing for me personally 

• Like 1

Once again, Marketing for USO really has no clue how to build anticipation or utilize the latest tech to keep it interesting. 

This year's campaign felt thrown together, but I guess since creative wasn't able to stick to an 80s theme either, I shouldn't be shocked.

The Rob Zombie news was no surprise, but it still feels boring and untimely.  It's shoehorned in.  Meh.

Bottom line:  US knows they can put any piece of crap into the event and people will still show up.  It's become a juggernaut and ultimately, everything like that fails under it's own weight eventually.

Edited by BenjaminNicholas

3 hours ago, Gambit said:

Hollywood just has a original house (Pandora) to announce.

Thanks for the correction.
HHN Hollywood has 10 houses this year (but counts TWD attraction as one of them), and has no Terror Tram.

So including TWD, 9 houses have been announced with one to go (which is speculated to be Pandora's Box, so no blue scareactors having sex with their tails)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, zombieman said:

Thanks for the correction.
HHN Hollywood has 10 houses this year (but counts TWD attraction as one of them), and has no Terror Tram.

So including TWD, 9 houses have been announced with one to go (which is speculated to be Pandora's Box, so no blue scareactors having sex with their tails)

I'm the King of the Woooooorrrrrrllllllld!