Halloween Horror Nights 29 Speculation

Mark M.

1 hour ago, Pyconn84 said:

Is Us really a thing?.... cause I really don’t want it to be.  I mean based off the one casting call? What evidence are people using? It seems like most people who are in the “know” are being pretty tight lipped.  I am not convinced yet, I just wanna know why people think this or what they are basing their claim off of.

It's happening. I can tell you not too many people are happy about it.

• Sad 2
  • Love 1

I can only partly understand why there's so much vehement, yet lukewarm disdain for Us as a film; but I'll count myself lucky that it was the most fun I've had watching a horror movie in a long time and I'm very excited that it will have a house this year. There are scenes right out of the gate in that movie that I'll be elated to walk through. 

Was Tooth Fairy one of the originals I was most interested in? Yes. Does that mean it's replacement is automatically deserving of my scorn? Absolutely not.

If we all made it through Blumhouse 2: The Blumin' Onion last year, I think y'all will survive 1 house you're not excited for this year too. :)

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ringwraith said:

It's happening. I can tell you not too many people are happy about it.

That is really unfortunate... It makes almost no sense as to why replace an original with US later in the game. I just don’t follow the logic. I guess that will be my throw away house this year (thought KKfOS was gunna be my throw away this year).  Even worse that it has to take up a sound stage too.  I just don’t get it... but I guess it’s not my place to understand.   disappointed guest is disappointed:-(...

Edited by Pyconn84
  • Like 2

Us had the best opening weekend of a non franchise horror movie in history. And one of the top 3 in horror history. Top 2 for live action “original” films only behind Avatar. Critical and commercial success.

They’re hitting an iron while it will still be hot, the Us and Jordan Peele train. 

It’s not that hard to get. They are gonna get some bank off of this.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ForeverEvil1 said:

Us had the best opening weekend of a non franchise horror movie in history. And one of the top 3 in horror history. Top 2 for live action “original” films only behind Avatar. Critical and commercial success.

They’re hitting an iron while it will still be hot, the Us and Jordan Peele train. 

It’s not that hard to get. They are gonna get some bank off of this.

I question some of your numbers.  Although, I did find on a quick google search that US was the 3rd highest grossing movie of 2019 (so far) across all genres (as you stated).   Us was #26 of all horror movies at 254 million internationally. The number 1 being IT at 325 million.

IT made so much more sense to me.  You have a sequel out this year, and they have a decent relationship with WB (passed houses/Scare-zone IPs and HP).  Universal had the rights for it at one point for HHN28 early January. Horror made hear announced (around the same time) that they weren’t holding there event this year.  

I am going to rewatch US again, but I sorta get it, I guess 254 million and a good relationship with Blumhouse.  I can definitely see why people aren’t happy about it. Oh well I am not an expert, I just try to follow the logic and sometimes I just can’t... again doesn’t matter if I can follow it or not.

Edited by Pyconn84

2 hours ago, Pyconn84 said:

That is really unfortunate... It makes almost no sense as to why replace an original with US later in the game. I just don’t follow the logic.

They wanted to strike while the iron is hot, and since Us looks to be a standalone film, it's now or never to do a house of it.

As for why the Tooth Fairy (or whatever house it was supposed to be, sounds like it was similar to last year where we all thought it was a Wizard of Oz house, when it was actually a Scary Tales house) was axed, the only word that's been given is the other three originals were farther ahead in their builds. If you're going to do a replacement later in the season, it's best replacing the house which you don't have to take down as much to do so.

2 hours ago, Pyconn84 said:

IT made so much more sense to me.  You have a sequel out this year, and they have a decent relationship with WB (passed houses/Scare-zone IPs and HP).

Just because a studio has worked with another before, doesn't mean it's going to be so simple in getting the rights for a house today.  Since speaking of relationships, what matters more is the relationship of Universal and Steven King...and considering Steven King was PISSED when Uni used the Stanley Kubrick loophole to use the Shining a couple years back, you think he's just gonna' let Uni have the rights for IT? Unfortunately I believe that bridge is torched.

• Like 4

I really liked Us as a movie, but as so many others have said, I don't see how it will translate into a house.  I mean, there will most certainly be a mirror maze at the start and/or end, but beyond that....  it could end up feeling like the Strangers or Purge.  However, Poltergeist went so far above and beyond the movie, maybe this will do the same and surprise us all.

I'd still really rather have a Tooth Fairy house...

• Like 3

Since we pretty much know the line-up, hype list time!

#1 - Yeti: Terror of the Yukon 

#2 - Nightingales: Blood Pit

#3 - Depths of Fear

#4 - Us

#5 - Ghostbusters 

#6 - Killer Klownz from Outer Space

#7 - Monsters

#8 - Stranger Things

#9 - Graveyard: Hide & Shriek

#10 - House of 1000 Corpses

16 minutes ago, HHN Pro 2 said:

Since we pretty much know the line-up, hype list time!

#1 - Yeti: Terror of the Yukon 

#2 - Nightingales: Blood Pit

#3 - Depths of Fear

#4 - Us

#5 - Ghostbusters 

#6 - Killer Klownz from Outer Space

#7 - Monsters

#8 - Stranger Things

#9 - Graveyard: Hide & Shriek

#10 - House of 1000 Corpses

Mine

#1 Ghostbusters

#2 Uni Monsters (Hollywood’s was awesome last year

#3 Yeti

#4 Stranger Things

#5 Depths of Fear

#6 Blood Pit

#7 Graveyard

#8 House of 1000 Corpses

#9 Killer Klowns

#10 Us

• Like 1

Ooo I'll play!

1. Yeti

2. Graveyard: Hide and Shriek

3. Universal Monsters

4. Nightingales

5. Stranger Things

6. Depths of Fear

7. Us

8. Ghostbusters

9. Killer Klownz

10. House of 1000 Corpses

• Like 1

On 7/15/2019 at 7:34 PM, FaceBagman said:

I can only partly understand why there's so much vehement, yet lukewarm disdain for Us as a film; but I'll count myself lucky that it was the most fun I've had watching a horror movie in a long time and I'm very excited that it will have a house this year. There are scenes right out of the gate in that movie that I'll be elated to walk through. 

Was Tooth Fairy one of the originals I was most interested in? Yes. Does that mean it's replacement is automatically deserving of my scorn? Absolutely not.

If we all made it through Blumhouse 2: The Blumin' Onion last year, I think y'all will survive 1 house you're not excited for this year too. :)

The film is fun. The rumor down the grapevine is that the house will not do it justice.

7 minutes ago, darkdelusions said:

Express seem like such a waste if you live in\or around Orlando and your getting an FFP, or ROF

I used to get the regular ROF and just add on the Express for the first night, but last year I splurged on the ROF+Express. So worth it. I live a little over an hour away from the park so I don't get to take advantage of every night of the pass, but I go enough to make it worth while. This year 2 passes cost me $671 with my UOAP discount.

• Like 1