Halloween Horror Nights 29 Speculation

Mark M.

40 minutes ago, SpookyFairy said:

Has there been any new rumors or spec from the originals? I’m extremely curious about Tooth Fairy

Not yet, nothing the but bare bones of what was once discussed about Depths Of Fear and it became the current announcement but hopefully we'll get more insight on The Tooth Fairy, I think right now Universal is at a stand still abit since this week is surrounded by Disneyland's Galaxy Edge, I think they are waiting on announcing something down the line which hopefully be the ticket sales on the website. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, DocNiktMarr said:

I imagine a hypothetical Drop Tower set piece would involve dummies of Wichita and Little Rock strapped into the ride, with dummy zombies crawling onto the base of the ride.

And no "Tallahassee's Last Stand" set piece speculation? That'd fit right into a theme park.

A drop tower setpiece with static figures would be disappointing for me.  Like that band stage last year in Vamp '85.  To me that was a waste.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, zombieman said:

A drop tower setpiece with static figures would be disappointing for me.  Like that band stage last year in Vamp '85.  To me that was a waste.

I can see what you mean with that, it would have been cool to see a mini show where a vampire band kills the original members and plays through out the night but I think that when you look at it, I don't think they wanted to use scareactors on the stage, they'd have em by it or surround it but not on it, which sucks because it would have reminded me of Psychoscareapy Unleashed, the staged minishow that year was pretty cool. 

so..due to that ghostbusters leak, we are no longer going to have a certian I.P. The rights holders got skittish because, from their perspective, Universal can’t keep a lid on information. So, because of leaks, Universal lost what would have been their biggest get ever. that i.p in question?

Image result for got

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I don't know what I'm more shocked by:

The fact that Game of Thrones was on the table or the fact that it got pulled for such stupid reasons. And by stupid reasons I don't mean their hesitation due to circumstances 

There would have been so much to work with:

-Whitewalkers

-Zombie Mountain 

-Dragons

-Burn Victims in Kings Landing

-Sieges/Attacks

-Environmental Variations

I sure hope Universal gets another shot in the future. This would have been huge for HHN and I'm sure A&D is even more disappointed we are.

Edited by Midnight Detective
  • Love 2

I don’t watch GOT so if I’m truly missing something then feel free to enlighten me but I for one am glad GOT isn’t coming to HHN. Yes that property is HUGE!!!! But it is not a horror property even if it has some gore and creepy creatures and designs. I mean we are already tip toeing with Stranger Things and Ghostbusters and add GOT on top of it? Would’ve been far to much for me. No one I know relates GOT to horror or thriller despite what it could contribute to a house. A medieval and fantasy based house is fine but not GOT. Sorry just my thoughts, I’m glad it didn’t come despite potential positives. Keep the “horror” in horror nights lol!!!! 

And not to take away from GOT’s epic scale would it have really been any bigger than when HHN got TWD, AHS and ST? Those are all also huge properties with amazing popularity.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, mystiquephreeq said:

It’s closer to the Poltergeist logo. 

That is true but Poltergeist was at the event last year and I doubt it would come again so soon. I realize this happened with AWiL in 24 but as I remember it didn’t turn out so well.   

4 hours ago, Kichkinet said:

That is true but Poltergeist was at the event last year and I doubt it would come again so soon. I realize this happened with AWiL in 24 but as I remember it didn’t turn out so well.   

Maybe it's about malevolent spirits in general...

14 hours ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

That would've gone great last year ('80s theme) but I don't think they're going to touch that.

Making a house on event itself kind of drifts into the territory of making a house akin to Nightengales - 9/11

Imo this is why Horror and Comedy have many similar roots. The saying "Comedy is tragedy plus time" relates as well as the intention of either horror or comedy. 

It's the difference between Pirates of the Caribbean and Pirates of the Pancreas - you kind of have to strip the event of its actual human suffering or your final product is in poor taste. That being said I truly don't know where that line stands and it comes down to a judgement call by A&D.

Edited by Midnight Detective
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Midnight Detective said:

Making a house on event itself kind of drifts into the territory of making a house akin to Nightengales - 9/11

Imo this is why Horror and Comedy have many similar roots. The saying "Comedy is tragedy plus time" relates as well as the intention of either horror or comedy. 

It's the difference between Pirates of the Caribbean and Pirates of the Pancreas - you kind of have to strip the event of its actual human suffering or your final product is in poor taste. That being said I truly don't know where that line stands and it comes down to a judgement call by A&D.

I think a cool alternate idea for DE2 would have been something like this:

"In 1987, Emily Duncan* is visiting Munich while honeymooning across eat Europe. Unfortunately, in retaliation for the demands of the teardown of the Berlin Wall, a Soviet spy unleashes a biohazard in the West German city that turns most of the population into bloodthirsty zombies. Emily captures the horrific last moments of her honeymoon and life on camera, and you are with her every step of the way*."

*née McPherson

*and yes, I phrased that the same way as the description for the original.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't know whether this would have been offensive subject matter, since this wasn't an actual event that happened. But it might've legit given the event an '80s theme that they really had the opportunity to embrace but didn't as much as they should've.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While we're at it, a good story for CGY could've been:

"A few years after an international standoff* led to a nuclear apocalypse, bands of survivors have cropped up. The most vicious and feared, the Ragtags, have taken up residence in an amusement salvage yard, and will kill all those who trespass."

*implying but not directly mentioning the standoff of '83

Edited by OhHaiInternet95
  • Like 1

I think it would be pretty neat to go through a facility with a Geiger counter going off more and more as you go in the house. Workers coming out increasingly burned till you reach the core with wind effects like in Poltergeist. 

Just throwing out some ideas that aren't going to happen!

• Like 1