Halloween Horror Nights 29 Speculation

Mark M.

9 hours ago, Jediwhit82 said:

AoV should literally just do the plot of beetljuice's graveyard review.

After viewing their youtube page, they've been doing a titanic-inspired show, I wonder if they'll incorporate the effects they used from this show for the next original they make for HHN, I'd honestly like to see the show they had originally for 27 before it got ruined with stage mess up and had to work on a new concept to make up for it.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

I have...no idea what this means.

It means they hope tons of pumpkin pie is served this year.

Might be something related to concessions, might actually be a hint to a house or scarezone.

Do they even serve Pumpkin Pie at HHN?

After seeing this, am I the only one who sees the circus tent from Killer Klowns From Outer Space being the facade? 

3 hours ago, USHER6998 said:

We supposed to get a announcement tomorrow?

I mean an announcement coming out of nowhere isn't new coming from Orlando and Hollywood, it's happened before, I hope it's Orlando releasing either the other originals or more information for tickets even if it's in a video package or something. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, HorrorUnearthed said:

After seeing this, am I the only one who sees the circus tent from Killer Klowns From Outer Space being the facade? 

I mean an announcement coming out of nowhere isn't new coming from Orlando and Hollywood, it's happened before, I hope it's Orlando releasing either the other originals or more information for tickets even if it's in a video package or something. 

Personally I’m ready for some scarezones

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, USHER6998 said:

Personally I’m ready for some scarezones

that's what I mean sorry, I'm hoping for some original scarezones to come out already, I feel like it will be like last year, 3 originals and 2 ips, if there the announcement is supposed to be today, I do hope Orlando elaborates on it while they still got time right now, Murdy has already expressed with the announcement for them and it's definitely shown for us with long takes from each announcement. I'm not surprised that no one leaked the scarezones or anything, show is obviously going to be AOV so that's off the list. 

Well Hollywood tweeted, I think after probably figuring out about the KKFOS tweet that Ben Conway to put out: 

I feel like they are wasting time a bit and just gonna reveal everything in one go at this point, I mean yeah we still gotta couple of months and maybe stuff is being rushed a bit to be put together but it looks like they won't make any announcement any time soon, the only best bet is at Midsummer's Scream event, so far it's just been a bit quiet this year and strangely slow from how last year was. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HorrorUnearthed said:

Well Hollywood tweeted, I think after probably figuring out about the KKFOS tweet that Ben Conway to put out: 

I feel like they are wasting time a bit and just gonna reveal everything in one go at this point, I mean yeah we still gotta couple of months and maybe stuff is being rushed a bit to be put together but it looks like they won't make any announcement any time soon, the only best bet is at Midsummer's Scream event, so far it's just been a bit quiet this year and strangely slow from how last year was. 

I wouldn’t hedge your bets on that. They still gotta do IP announcements seperate because right. 

Up until June 7th, any announcement would still put us on a faster pace than last year. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ForeverEvil1 said:

I wouldn’t hedge your bets on that. They still gotta do IP announcements seperate because right. 

Up until June 7th, any announcement would still put us on a faster pace than last year. 

Well hopefully something goes well and we get to lead to an announcement because right now it's just been dead silent, I mean HHN Unofficial had come up with some good pattern that maybe could be HHN's plans for this year's announcements, https://hhnunofficial.com/2019/05/14/rumor-is-universal-orlando-using-a-pattern-to-release-halloween-horror-nights-announcements/?fbclid=IwAR0U5wx-vGPdFeJ_Q6RhGBP249ZpbeDs6QPLI73TPimaCeZSbed6rVc4Khg

10 minutes ago, HorrorUnearthed said:

Well hopefully something goes well and we get to lead to an announcement because right now it's just been dead silent, I mean HHN Unofficial had come up with some good pattern that maybe could be HHN's plans for this year's announcements, https://hhnunofficial.com/2019/05/14/rumor-is-universal-orlando-using-a-pattern-to-release-halloween-horror-nights-announcements/?fbclid=IwAR0U5wx-vGPdFeJ_Q6RhGBP249ZpbeDs6QPLI73TPimaCeZSbed6rVc4Khg

Interesting theory, but it's based on a progression of two numbers so far.  I think that theory holds as much water as mine: that your post confirms that Dead Silence is returning.

The problem with planning every house announcement to the day has a huge risk of some bigger unplanned event occurring that would normally cause an announcement to be postponed.  Natural disaster, airline crash, school shooting, IP agreement falling out, etc.

1 minute ago, zombieman said:

Interesting theory, but it's based on a progression of two numbers so far.  I think that theory holds as much water as mine: that your post confirms that Dead Silence is returning.

The problem with planning every house announcement to the day has a huge risk of some bigger unplanned event occurring that would normally cause an announcement to be postponed.  Natural disaster, airline crash, school shooting, IP agreement falling out, etc.

oh god no, I never meant Dead Silence was returning lol, I was saying that it's funny Hollywood has been tweeting more than Orlando has been, Orlando has just been silent and sometimes will throw some trolly posts until something happens you know.  If they are still having problems with the ips not being locked I mean I would understand if that's the case but  that would be a better chance to at least put more original stuff coming to the event out so that they can focus on the problems with the ips and have us focusing and figuring what the originals could bring to the event is all I'm saying.

On 5/12/2019 at 5:01 PM, OhHaiInternet95 said:

I have...no idea what this means.

Then I did my job

On 5/12/2019 at 8:05 PM, ultimateforce said:

As a big fan of pumpkin pie I support this development. 

Too bad none of it will be edible

On 5/12/2019 at 5:33 PM, DocNiktMarr said:

It means they hope tons of pumpkin pie is served this year.

Might be something related to concessions, might actually be a hint to a house or scarezone.

Do they even serve Pumpkin Pie at HHN?

You're onto something

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, kablue said:

Do announcements usually get postponed as often as they have this year? It seems like every few weeks there's going to be an announcement and then it get's postponed.

Unless Universal announces that an announcement is coming, then anything we anticipate is based on a rumor.  So some "postponements" are nothing more than incorrect rumors.  

What I can tell you is that every single year a question like yours occurs.  Seems to me that there is a lot of positive response to the rumored line up this year, so it makes sense that people have a high anticipation level and therefore it feels as if the wheels are turning slower.

8 minutes ago, Ringwraith said:

Then I did my job

Too bad none of it will be edible

You're onto something

I am guessing something is being planned for the Funkins in Central Park?  They fart glitter on you as you pass underneath?

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, zombieman said:

Unless Universal announces that an announcement is coming, then anything we anticipate is based on a rumor.  So some "postponements" are nothing more than incorrect rumors.  

What I can tell you is that every single year a question like yours occurs.  Seems to me that there is a lot of positive response to the rumored line up this year, so it makes sense that people have a high anticipation level and therefore it feels as if the wheels are turning slower.

I am guessing something is being planned for the Funkins in Central Park?  They fart glitter on you as you pass underneath?

Getting closer...sans glitter

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Ringwraith said:

Getting closer...sans glitter

But they DO fart, right?  Just not enough of that at HHN.  Although as a scareactor, you may be in disagreement.

You're specifically talking Pumpkin Pie and not meat pie, right?  I'd really like to see a Sweeny Todd themed house or zone.

Wait - an original based on Pumpkin Guts??!!?!??   TAKE. MY. MONEY!!!

giphy.gif

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Love 3

I had my audition tonight. 
 It was Interesting. 
 I won't know anything till 4 weeks. 
 I hope to be back to scare you.   

my areas that I need for total conquest of scaring. 
 most of soundstages 21, 22, 25, B79, new Blding. 
 San Fran, Central Park and Mib, south street. 
 I get hired this year, It would 7th year scaring and 8th year with the company. 

Edited by littlegreenghouls
extra info. humble brag
  • Like 10

14 hours ago, ForeverEvil1 said:

They don't announce the IPs because of the rights. They do it to extend media coverage. Giving each house its own announcement allows ten weeks of media instead of one.

The rights can be negotiated for all the houses to get announced at once, if they wanted to.

12 hours ago, zombieman said:

They plan everything to the day. It's basic project management. With everything that gets coordinated few an announcement (graphics, blog post, website update, social media plan, and press releases), they have to have a hard date. It also helps them try to avoid announcing at times where bigger media things are occurring so HHN won't get swallowed.

And typically, the IP agreement includes an "announce by" date.

If something changes (or isn't ready), they just change the date.

11 hours ago, kablue said:

Do announcements usually get postponed as often as they have this year? It seems like every few weeks there's going to be an announcement and then it get's postponed.

Here's a bit of sausage making...

Insiders getting a release schedule is a recent development, so we can't really tell how common delays are. This year, nearly every announcement is delayed but not by so much to make the schedule appear like bad info.

That said, this is the first time the "early HHN roll-out"  is competing with Potter. And Potter wins every battle.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Legacy said:

They don't announce the IPs because of the rights. They do it to extend media coverage. Giving each house its own announcement allows ten weeks of media instead of one.

The rights can be negotiated for all the houses to get announced at once, if they wanted to.

They plan everything to the day. It's basic project management. With everything that gets coordinated few an announcement (graphics, blog post, website update, social media plan, and press releases), they have to have a hard date. It also helps them try to avoid announcing at times where bigger media things are occurring so HHN won't get swallowed.

And typically, the IP agreement includes an "announce by" date.

If something changes (or isn't ready), they just change the date.

Here's a bit of sausage making...

Insiders getting a release schedule is a recent development, so we can't really tell how common delays are. This year, nearly every announcement is delayed but not by so much to make the schedule appear like bad info.

That said, this is the first time the "early HHN roll-out"  is competing with Potter. And Potter wins every battle.

Walking Dead and FDTD were announced by the time Diagon opened.