Halloween Horror Nights 29 Speculation

Mark M.

3 hours ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

I can say that of the speculated house lineup, there isn't any one single house that makes me want to skip (Blumhouse). Obviously a lot of variables happen, though.

Only two I’m not fussed about are KKFOS and Ho1C. I didn’t really enjoy either film (for very different reasons), but will give them a go at HHN and hopefully will change my mind after experiencing them in person. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

I can say that of the speculated house lineup, there isn't any one single house that makes me want to skip (Blumhouse). Obviously a lot of variables happen, though.

Though I am not attending this year, I have to admit that while everything seems like it is going to be good - nothing is truly a hard selling point for me.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, HorrorUnearthed said:

Yeah Hollywood is getting that one, I'm jealous, it's one of my favorite Universal Monster films, I cannot wait to see how their take on the film will be, with Murdy saying that they sorta going in and out of the film with certain scenes and giving it the same feel they did their Monsters maze last year. :)

Brother, I apologize for placing that response here. I go to both Orlando and Hollywood every year so I should have thought about that before responding. :blink:

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, hgwy407 said:

Brother, I apologize for placing that response here. I go to both Orlando and Hollywood every year so I should have thought about that before responding. :blink:

Same here.  I get mixed up all the time

• Like 1

On 5/5/2019 at 5:04 PM, USHER6998 said:

To keep discussion going what is everybody’s most anticipated house this year based off the current speculation? I think mine is House of 1000 because of how great the sets should be!

Tooth Fairy, Yeti and Nightingales are top of my list (no specific order) and out of the IPs Killer Klowns is my top and is probably 4th place for most anticipated right now.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Insane24Se7en said:

Though I am not attending this year, I have to admit that while everything seems like it is going to be good - nothing is truly a hard selling point for me.

Nightingales?

I'm not saying that the entire lineup screams "masterpiece" for me--I think it's best to go in with a blank mind. I'm just saying that there's nothing currently rumored that actively turns me off, like HDD last year.

Edited by OhHaiInternet95

Upon further reflection I guess the originals really need to bring the intensely dark and horror elements to the event since the IPs overall aren't hard on the horror. But also looking at years past and reflecting on my favorites one of my all time favorites without a doubt is Asylum in Wonderland, top 5 material for me, which clearly wasn't the scariest but I just had fun in that house. Granted the whole event can't just be "fun" it needs to bring the fear but remembering what joy I had going through that house I need to keep an open mind especially with houses like Ghostbusters and Stranger Things. As it could surprise me and be a favorite and HHN has proven that it can make a stellar house with the most unusual concepts....we just need to trust the process. Not saying all of them with be knockouts but it will be a solid event for sure and after seeing it in reality this year it'll prove HHN can turn any concept into a house. It just is a different beat than what we've become accustomed to these past few years especially driving those properties like TWD, AHS, Purge, Insidious, Halloween and the like. So in it's own way it is exciting seeing it try a different rhythm. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Rikku said:

Upon further reflection I guess the originals really need to bring the intensely dark and horror elements to the event since the IPs overall aren't hard on the horror. But also looking at years past and reflecting on my favorites one of my all time favorites without a doubt is Asylum in Wonderland, top 5 material for me, which clearly wasn't the scariest but I just had fun in that house. Granted the whole event can't just be "fun" it needs to bring the fear but remembering what joy I had going through that house I need to keep an open mind especially with houses like Ghostbusters and Stranger Things. As it could surprise me and be a favorite and HHN has proven that it can make a stellar house with the most unusual concepts....we just need to trust the process. Not saying all of them with be knockouts but it will be a solid event for sure and after seeing it in reality this year it'll prove HHN can turn any concept into a house. It just is a different beat than what we've become accustomed to these past few years especially driving those properties like TWD, AHS, Purge, Insidious, Halloween and the like. So in it's own way it is exciting seeing it try a different rhythm. 

I personally love the mixing of genres. I don't get scared, so when horror includes humor, it just adds something more to appreciate. My all time favorite movie is Scream because of how well the horror and comedy are intertwined without taking away from each other. When it comes to the houses at HHN I enjoy the comical houses as much as the pure horror houses. I loved Krampus because of how absurd it was, loved the little killer gingerbread men. I also believe at least one good aspect can be found in each house. Take Ghostbusters and Stranger Things for example. I'm not sold on Ghostbusters, I think it would be better as a scare zone as someone suggested a few pages back. Although I'm still looking forward to Ghostbusters (and Stranger Things) if for no other reason than to see how they manage to pull off both the stay puft marshmallow man and mind flayer in the same year. I'm the type that likes to look for the positive, even if the positive turns out to be just a "what not to do." I agree with you that the event should be both "fun" and bring the fear, and that keeping an open mind is important. You never know when a singular seemingly insignificant detail can standout to someone and become something more.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kablue said:

I personally love the mixing of genres. I don't get scared, so when horror includes humor, it just adds something more to appreciate. My all time favorite movie is Scream because of how well the horror and comedy are intertwined without taking away from each other. When it comes to the houses at HHN I enjoy the comical houses as much as the pure horror houses. I loved Krampus because of how absurd it was, loved the little killer gingerbread men. I also believe at least one good aspect can be found in each house. Take Ghostbusters and Stranger Things for example. I'm not sold on Ghostbusters, I think it would be better as a scare zone as someone suggested a few pages back. Although I'm still looking forward to Ghostbusters (and Stranger Things) if for no other reason than to see how they manage to pull off both the stay puft marshmallow man and mind flayer in the same year. I'm the type that likes to look for the positive, even if the positive turns out to be just a "what not to do." I agree with you that the event should be both "fun" and bring the fear, and that keeping an open mind is important. You never know when a singular seemingly insignificant detail can standout to someone and become something more.

Here here. And I am also glad to hear someone else love Krampus like I do, I love love that movie! Was so tickled when it got brought to HHN

• Like 3

1 hour ago, PeoriaBJJ said:

whats the LATEST spec line up? Can someone copy/paste and save me from scrolling???

Confirmed:

Stranger Things 2/3 - SS25

Nightingales BP - Tent 2

Uni Monsters - SoX Warehouse

Unconfirmed:

Ghostbusters - SS22

Killer Klowns - Shrek

House Of 1000 Corpses - Tent 3

Tooth Fairy - SS24

Appalachian Mountain Yeti - SS24

”The Depths Of Fear” - Tent 1

”Graveyard: Hide N Seek” - Parade Warehouse

• Like 5

7 hours ago, ForeverEvil1 said:

Confirmed:

Nightingales BP - Tent 2

Unconfirmed:

Ghostbusters - SS22

Killer Klowns - Shrek

Tooth Fairy - SS24

Flip tents 1 and 2.

• Like 1

Still looking at that lineup, it looks promising, I know some maybe questionable but I think once we get more information in the coming months we should have a better understanding of this year's event. With auditions already happening, I wish the best of luck to any returning scareactors and all and hope they get their due in scaring us again this year. :)

Edited by HorrorUnearthed
  • Like 4

20 hours ago, ForeverEvil1 said:

Confirmed:

Nightingales BP - Tent 2

Unconfirmed:

Ghostbusters - SS22

Killer Klowns - Shrek

Tooth Fairy - SS24

gracias mi amigo

• Like 1

I also loved Krampus.. and speaking of humor with houses.. they nailed that with Cabin in the Woods.  I absolutely LOVED that house.. probably in my top 10 ever.  We had SO MUCH FUN in there!  I realize HHN's mission is to scare, but it's also for us to have fun.  Since I rarely get scared (more of a startle than anything), it's important that we all have fun.  I love it when we get good interaction with the scareactors.  It makes the whole even for me.

I think this lineup looks excellent.  I am not thrilled about House of 1000 Corpses though.  I don't really care for Rob Zombie's stuff.. it's all gore and gross-out.  But again, I realize that's what some people like, and as I've said a million times - HHN is great at mixing various elements of the horror genre to cover all tastes.  So, if I dislike Ho1K.. I'll just skip it - like I did Blumhouse last year.  No biggie.  There are nine others to take up my time.. and god only knows what cool scarezones we will be getting.  I hope they are ones where I can go back to people watching.

Tooth Fairy may actually scare me though.. I'm one of those who has nightmares about dental procedures, so this will trigger me for sure.   I mean, i still know it's not "real", but I expect a higher level of anxiety with this one.

I am having a hard time deciding which is the one I am most looking forward to - I'm thrilled about Ghostbusters (if it really happens), but also Nightingales and Uni Monsters.. 

So, when is the next announcement??

• Like 3

As much as it looks that Stranger Things could be the main house this year, my money is on Ghostbusters, I mean both have been sorta long awaited but Ghostbusters has so much, so it'd definitely be a safe bet that Ghostbusters would be getting much more of a due this year. No offense to Stranger Things.

56 minutes ago, mystiquephreeq said:

Soon. If everything holds, soon. 

I mean they are definitely playing it safe, but they definitely have to pay attention how much time they have left in releasing everything in one go, 119 Days left till the event and there is a lot of dead space for them to use. With Harry Potter though getting a lot of promotional coverage at the moment, looks like we might be waiting till June.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, HorrorUnearthed said:

With Harry Potter though getting a lot of promotional coverage at the moment, looks like we might be waiting till June

I feel the new Potter coaster pretty much finished up for now. They did the previews of all the creatures, and revealed Hagrid. Not much else to announce until the opening.

41 minutes ago, StupidStupidDan said:

I feel the new Potter coaster pretty much finished up for now. They did the previews of all the creatures, and revealed Hagrid. Not much else to announce until the opening.

I think so now, I mean there's the Dark Arts At Hogwarts Castle that is suppose to be coming later this year, while it's been tested and used in California.

On 5/10/2019 at 12:27 AM, HorrorUnearthed said:

As much as it looks that Stranger Things could be the main house this year, my money is on Ghostbusters, I mean both have been sorta long awaited but Ghostbusters has so much, so it'd definitely be a safe bet that Ghostbusters would be getting much more of a due this year. No offense to Stranger Things.

I mean they are definitely playing it safe, but they definitely have to pay attention how much time they have left in releasing everything in one go, 119 Days left till the event and there is a lot of dead space for them to use. With Harry Potter though getting a lot of promotional coverage at the moment, looks like we might be waiting till June.

I think we are probably good for a announcement next week more then likely scarezones if it goes by last years schedule. I think potter won’t bother anything till the week it opens but I have a feeling that July will be hard for announcements with all the galaxy edge publicity happening. Also academy of villains will prob be announced. 

52 minutes ago, USHER6998 said:

I think we are probably good for a announcement next week more then likely scarezones if it goes by last years schedule. I think potter won’t bother anything till the week it opens but I have a feeling that July will be hard for announcements with all the galaxy edge publicity happening. Also academy of villains will prob be announced. 

I think it might be awhile, whenever Orlando throws a tweet or something, so far Murdy tweeted yesterday about not having an announcement for awhile. Probably another stand alone ip or joint one who knows, but I feel like they'll release all the originals in one go when the time comes and the scarezones and they'd just wait it out to release the ips. So hopefully we get something this month and next month we'd get scarezones and tickets, hoping for that. In August I feel like we might get a shared ip since Hollywood will be apart of Midsummer's Scream hopefully we'll get some sneak peeks of what is coming to their mazes and zones. As for AOV, I think it's predictable, I wonder what theme they could be doing for this year.