Halloween Horror Nights 29 Speculation

Mark M.

I'm weirdly obsessed with the idea of a house spilling out into the streets as a zone. I thought the Invasion idea would have worked for that. Maybe have an interstellar zoo gone wrong type house and accompanying zone. Maybe that would impact the overall variety of the event though and it would have to be a can't miss idea to pull off successfully, but I think it's possible. Could work for Klowns. 

Edited by TheRobcat
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, USHER6998 said:

To keep discussion going what is everybody’s most anticipated house this year based off the current speculation? I think mine is House of 1000 because of how great the sets should be!

Tough to choose. I am very excited for Ghostbusters and am intrigued by how they will do it. After Poltergeist last year, I'm pretty sure they can make it a fun house. Universal Monsters is tied for first and I'm also super interested to see what the underwater house will be like. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, USHER6998 said:

To keep discussion going what is everybody’s most anticipated house this year based off the current speculation? I think mine is House of 1000 because of how great the sets should be!

I have a love for the Universal Monsters making their return but House Of 1000 Corpses, I just hope they keep the gritty and scary atmosphere that film has and had brought to Hollywood's versions of the film. I hope we get the somewhat same treatment, After seeing Hollywood's version and I'd already experience Rob's version at his Great American Nightmare event, now to actually get Orlando's version in.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Rikku said:

Well I guess that is one good question to keep speculation going is the scarezones are still surrounded in mystery, I am also highly curious as to what they are. Also surprised we have no real leads on that at the moment.

Well seeing how last year was with 2 ip scarezones and 3 originals, I could see them possibly doing that this year but what could we see as the 2 ips being used for scarezones this year, although Silent Hill sounds very interesting, I think it's right next to Resident Evil The Experience where it wouldn't happen here but elsewhere such as Singapore or Japan's HHN event and they will have more ways of having it featured at their event than us. I'm not guessing that The Purge will make it's return again as I think Universal is definitely by the looks of the speculation map is taking a break from Blumhouse, as for Hollywood we don't know but I bet they will not have to deal with it. Anyways hopefully the scarezones will be mentioned to us soon before or after they release the remaining houses. As for the show, I wouldn't doubt AOV will be making a return, after last year getting more hyped than the previous years, I can see them making their return with a new concept.

22 minutes ago, HorrorUnearthed said:

As for the show, I wouldn't doubt AOV will be making a return, after last year getting more hyped than the previous years, I can see them making their return with a new concept.

I loved AOV's first show. The second was apparently shorted due to damage from the storm, but I still thought it was great (one of the highlights from my trip that year was getting to interact with one of the members as they were making their way to the stage). Last year though, I didn't care for their show as much. I think it was because of the setting. Bigger stage, needing a bigger "story" to go with the stage. It just didn't feel that same, didn't feel like it had the same audience participation, didn't feel like it had the same feeling of being part of the performance and right in the middle of the action. Nothing against AOV, I like them and would like them to return. I just hope they will return with the same feel of the first two years, and not so much the third. On a personal level, it didn't help that it was the first year without Bill and Ted and I couldn't help but think "this is what they think is worthy of replacing Bill and Ted?"

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, kablue said:

I loved AOV's first show. The second was apparently shorted due to damage from the storm, but I still thought it was great (one of the highlights from my trip that year was getting to interact with one of the members as they were making their way to the stage). Last year though, I didn't care for their show as much. I think it was because of the setting. Bigger stage, needing a bigger "story" to go with the stage. It just didn't feel that same, didn't feel like it had the same audience participation, didn't feel like it had the same feeling of being part of the performance and right in the middle of the action. Nothing against AOV, I like them and would like them to return. I just hope they will return with the same feel of the first two years, and not so much the third. On a personal level, it didn't help that it was the first year without Bill and Ted and I couldn't help but think "this is what they think is worthy of replacing Bill and Ted?"

I agree.  2016 was a great show by AOV, 2017 was good but would have loved to see what it should have been.  Last year, was just OK.  As you said, nothing against AOV, but that was just not their style.  The Stadium setting wasn't what made the show popular, it was AOV being AOV in an outside environment with the crowd participation.  Put them back outside, and let them create their own show and shorten it to about 20 minutes.

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, USHER6998 said:

So i really hate that marketing wont use any icon other then jack because honestly this year would be such a perfect year for the ushers return!

I agree, it goes back to 27 for me when they used the tagline "Your Time Has Come" in one of the tweets and immediately I got myself thinking that we were going to see the return of an icon whether it'd be Cindy taking over or The Caretaker returning to center stage but it became an interesting theme and then there was Bones who is a mascot, not an icon but definitely had an icon quality to him. Now Jack, he's an awesome icon, I understand that he is going to draw money but I think it's best to let the other icons get their due and it sucks, I understand why Jack is the first icon, I know why they used him for 25, it made sense but they cannot keep reusing him, what are they going to do? Make him look older and frailer and still trying to be terrifying, I love Jack but he deserves a break.

2 hours ago, USHER6998 said:

The Originals and House of 1000 Corpses. 

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, kablue said:

I agree with you, the first two shows were awesome, I had only gone to see AOV last year at least twice, one during opening night and the last during Halloween, I saw those nights I thought they got a big pop you know at least on those dates but yes in the back of my mind though, it sucks that Bill and Ted were not given last year as their proper send off, it would have made so much sense if they'd save it for last year. AOV is better for the outdoor venue because you don't have to sit, you feel connected standing up and just wildin out with the group, I hope they find a new entertainment or least do something better and put something else in the soundstage and have AOV as an outdoor entertainment.

• Like 2

Frankenstein Meets The Werewolf. I absolutely LOVE the classic Universal monsters. The Werewolf being my all time favorite monster, so much so that he is tattooed on my arm. That, and my wife is terrified of him. (-;

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, hgwy407 said:

Frankenstein Meets The Werewolf. I absolutely LOVE the classic Universal monsters. The Werewolf being my all time favorite monster, so much so that he is tattooed on my arm. That, and my wife is terrified of him. (-;

Yeah Hollywood is getting that one, I'm jealous, it's one of my favorite Universal Monster films, I cannot wait to see how their take on the film will be, with Murdy saying that they sorta going in and out of the film with certain scenes and giving it the same feel they did their Monsters maze last year. :)

19 hours ago, USHER6998 said:

I don't want to poo poo on anyone's parade, but I feel like 1000 Corpses will be awful. Mostly due to the fact they won't be able to do what they'd like to do in that tent by MIB. Candidly, I'm glad that house is getting shoved back there because I have near zero interest in that film, as the material, personally, is not that scary.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Ringwraith said:

I don't want to poo poo on anyone's parade, but I feel like 1000 Corpses will be awful. Mostly due to the fact they won't be able to do what they'd like to do in that tent by MIB. Candidly, I'm glad that house is getting shoved back there because I have near zero interest in that film, as the material, personally, is not that scary.

I mean it seems like it will be a tight squeeze in that area yes, I don't see it being awful like how Blumhouse was last year, because with House Of 1000 Corpses there aren't going to be the same duplicate scenes. Will it feel rushed? I'm not sure probably who knows but a lot of people want to give the movie flack for not being "scary", a "horror exploitation" film, there are films like that such as TCM and that has been to the event in some what the same way. Rob has always thought of it in that way, now he does mention that sometimes he wishes he could go back and do the movie over abit as now it feels like a whacky trippy music video in some parts if not all of it but the movie does have its fans and it's been wanted for a long while, Hollywood did awesome job with theirs and I'm glad that we are getting it, idc if it's a small tent or a big one or in a soundstage, the fact Universal is bringing it is all that matters to me, I'm a fan of the movie, loved it always, it takes a backseat a bit to The Devil's Rejects and that might be doing that with Three From Hell as well. It's okay if you don't have any interest in the movie or the house, it's totally but to us that are fans of the film we love it and we can't wait for it and also there aren't many scenes in that film that take place, I could see them doing Spaulding's gas station and almost try to do the scenes that were featured in Hollywood's house, I'd take that over going through duplicate scenes of a bedroom from HDD and in part of a purge that had barely any scareactors.

Edited by HorrorUnearthed

20 hours ago, USHER6998 said:

The speculation lineup sounds fully good to me.

The originals are at the top of my list.

HOTC was really well done in Hollywood; I'm sure Orlando would do it justice.

Excited for Ghostbusters (words that would never have come out of my mouth two years ago), based solely on how blown away I was by Poltergeist.  

If Ghostbusters turns out to be another Poltergeist, and if the underwater house is successful, I say GIVE US JAWS for 2020.

I think it will difficult for them to pack much more than the SZ into a Killer Klowns house, though.  Feels like you need a really big venue for it...

• Like 3