Halloween Horror Nights 29 Speculation

Mark M.

17 minutes ago, mystiquephreeq said:

New permit: BLD2019-14528.

It is for B79, but I don’t think it’s for the house. The fee amount isn’t enough for it to be for a house. The description states interior partition. 

I'm surprised they didn't release the actual house permit for that yet, as they already released all the ones for the houses in the back. Could this mean we are not getting a house in this location this year?

28 minutes ago, Luigi18512 said:

I'm surprised they didn't release the actual house permit for that yet, as they already released all the ones for the houses in the back. Could this mean we are not getting a house in this location this year?

It’s not really a matter of anyone releasing the permit. Permits fall under Florida’s Sunshine law. They are required to be accessible to the public. 

Permits are pulled based on when construction starts and when the contractor pulls the permit. There is leeway with how soon the contractor has to pull the permit after construction has begun. 

We, also, have to wait for the permits to be placed on the Orlando permit site. Permits seem to have had a small delay this year when it comes to being placed on the site. 

We only have 5 house permits. New Parade (B108), all three tents, and SS22. We know we are getting 10 houses, so we haven’t been overly worried about a lack of permits, but we have been wondering where the others are. 

I don't think this indicates there won’t be a house in B79, but I am trying to figure out why a partition is being built. 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, ultimateforce said:

I remember the room where you're "outside" and the carnival ring leader pops out with a gun, that's about it for places you see twice. 

That's the one I was referring to.  

1 hour ago, mystiquephreeq said:

I don't think this indicates there won’t be a house in B79, but I am trying to figure out why a partition is being built. 

Do they still store anything in the back half?  I know they used to store some of the parade stuff.   When taking the tour one year, you could just see all that stuff from some of the house areas (lights on).  Maybe just to partition the house area from the storage area better?

3 minutes ago, mz_ said:

Do they still store anything in the back half?  I know they used to store some of the parade stuff.   When taking the tour one year, you could just see all that stuff from some of the house areas (lights on).  Maybe just to partition the house area from the storage area better?

Maybe?

A quick calculation based on the permit fee tells me the partition is going to cost about $5,400. 

I would think there are cheaper ways to do so. They’ve used curtains in the soundstages to separate things in the past. I don’t know. 

And with all the rumors about KZ eventually getting overhauled and the potential for that building getting demolished, it just seems like an odd expense choice. 

59 minutes ago, mz_ said:

Graphics wise, or the information on it?

Information wise. I know from IU Legacy helps but who else? Graphics are good and I just assumed it was a map from Universal Copy and pasted and edited to a HHN spec. Map, if there’s more to it I’ll love to know. 

26 minutes ago, Kichkinet said:

Information wise. I know from IU Legacy helps but who else? Graphics are good and I just assumed it was a map from Universal Copy and pasted and edited to a HHN spec. Map, if there’s more to it I’ll love to know. 

Graphics, Gambit does that!  Information, it's out there! That's all we can say.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, mystiquephreeq said:

New permit: BLD2019-14528.

It is for B79, but I don’t think it’s for the house. The fee amount isn’t enough for it to be for a house. The description states interior partition. 

They only used half of B-79 last year for Trick 'r Treat because the other half was Hagrid storage and testing. This time around I've heard about warnings of heavy duty magnets on the west side of the building. Perhaps extra storage for the LIM for Hagrid?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, mz_ said:

They're staging Hagrid stuff in there. Creative was already supposed to be cleared out, but haven't. The partition allows A&D to get to work.

• Like 4

I'm still hoping for the future that Universal will try to make War Of The Living Dead an actual house because the scarezone was really cool and would honestly make as a scary house which executed right, especially if Universal tries to take pages of Call Of Duty zombies and try to make those possible, it's obvious that Universal would not go back to video game houses but taking some of the concepts from some of the Call Of Duty Zombies storyline would honest work out as different basis for zombie houses.

Now on a scale of one to ten how likely are these houses on the spec map being true? For Orlando anyway. And if we are going off of the concepts of originals instead of there names how about the likely hood of those too?

I ask because Im trying to debate if I should buy tickets now in the possibility of the lineup being a bit different or if I should not go at all this year. Nothing really connects with me this year like past years did. The only houses im kinda looking forward to is Nightingales and Uni Monsters but that's it (maybe yeti)

And it really breakes my heart to say that out loud. I don't really have any interest in The Graveyard concept,  or the Underwater Original. Yeti sounds like it could be interesting and alot of fun.

Im with the Majority when I say Originals are pretty amazing but it's just not clicking for me like 28, 27, and 26 did. IP's are eh. Klowns was expected, House of 1000 corpses doesn't really capture my interest, Ghostbusters sounds incredible but I just think it's off putting and a little desperate.

So im losing hope......

However, There is always the fact how likely these concepts are of happening. A change of an Original and or an Ip or two would make all the difference. You can disagree with me if desired and that's totally ok just thought I would speak out and voice my opinion.

5 hours ago, krazyhorrorkid said:

Now on a scale of one to ten how likely are these houses on the spec map being true? For Orlando anyway. And if we are going off of the concepts of originals instead of there names how about the likely hood of those too?

I ask because Im trying to debate if I should buy tickets now in the possibility of the lineup being a bit different or if I should not go at all this year. Nothing really connects with me this year like past years did. The only houses im kinda looking forward to is Nightingales and Uni Monsters but that's it (maybe yeti)

And it really breakes my heart to say that out loud. I don't really have any interest in The Graveyard concept,  or the Underwater Original. Yeti sounds like it could be interesting and alot of fun.

Im with the Majority when I say Originals are pretty amazing but it's just not clicking for me like 28, 27, and 26 did. IP's are eh. Klowns was expected, House of 1000 corpses doesn't really capture my interest, Ghostbusters sounds incredible but I just think it's off putting and a little desperate.

So im losing hope......

However, There is always the fact how likely these concepts are of happening. A change of an Original and or an Ip or two would make all the difference. You can disagree with me if desired and that's totally ok just thought I would speak out and voice my opinion.

Where is said spec map?

10 minutes ago, mz_ said:

You mean you don't follow us on Twitter and Facebook? :)  Or just go back 2 pages (page 68).

Man, they're going to have some funky house/scarezone synergy this year.. ;)

If there ever was such a thing.

Edited by Ringwraith
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Ringwraith said:

Man, they're going to have some funky house/scarezone synergy this year.. ;)

If there ever was such a thing.

I hope at least one of them is as fun as the Chucky zone from last year. That might be my favorite since the icon zone at 25. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, TheRobcat said:

I hope at least one of them is as fun as the Chucky zone from last year. That might be my favorite since the icon zone at 25. 

3 hours ago, HorrorUnearthed said:

Makes me wonder if we have two returning original houses, I wonder if it means we could be seeing a return of an original scarezone or others, I mean what are some original scarezones that you would want to see Universal bring back?

I would like to see "PstchoScareapy: Unleashed" again. That was another one from HHN 25.

• Like 4

Well I guess that is one good question to keep speculation going is the scarezones are still surrounded in mystery, I am also highly curious as to what they are. Also surprised we have no real leads on that at the moment.