Halloween Horror Nights 29 Speculation

Mark M.

22 minutes ago, Rikku said:

I am still not feeling Ghostbusters and still hoping that one doesn't happen....

I think it could be a decent house, Universal has much of the stuff from the show, I think it would be awesome to see the Ecto 1 apart of the facade and seeing recreations of really cool seasons from the 1st and Second movie, I could see them using some actors and static figures through out the house which I wouldn't mind, anything with the original and not the remake.

Edited by HorrorUnearthed
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Rikku said:

I am still not feeling Ghostbusters and still hoping that one doesn't happen....

I just feel like Ghostbusters would be better suited for the New York Area of the park as a Scarezone. Get an inflatable Stay Puft coming over the museum, some Slimer puppetry, and both ghosts and people being assaulted by ghosts ... It would just be a blast and a more open "photo op" area for sure.

Obviously it isn't going to happen that way, but I feel that is how you would get the most out of the property.

Edited by Insane24Se7en
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, Insane24Se7en said:

I just feel like Ghostbusters would be better suited for the New York Area of the park as a Scarezone. Get an inflatable Stay Puft coming over the museum, some Slimer puppetry, and both ghosts and people being assaulted by ghosts ... It would just be a blast and a more open "photo op" area for sure.

Now that I can get on board with. I know Poltergeist being PG opened a lot of doors of lower rating horror/thrillers but Ghostbusters I am not feeling is a house....but a scarezone....yes I can have fun with that

• Like 6

Honestly, same. I know its Universal and they'll find a way, but I think i'll struggle to get the real 'scare' from it as I just don't see it as something that's scary. But then again neither are nursery rhymes & kids books and they still made Scary Tales a lot of fun... we'll see, but i also agree it would be a great scarezone. 

22 minutes ago, Rikku said:

Now that I can get on board with. I know Poltergeist being PG opened a lot of doors of lower rating horror/thrillers but Ghostbusters I am not feeling is a house....but a scarezone....yes I can have fun with that

Just now, LilPetts said:

Honestly, same. I know its Universal and they'll find a way, but I think i'll struggle to get the real 'scare' from it as I just don't see it as something that's scary. But then again neither are nursery rhymes & kids books and they still made Scary Tales a lot of fun... we'll see, but i also agree it would be a great scarezone. 

5 minutes ago, LilPetts said:

I feel like the reason why they wouldn't do it as a scarezone is fearing it would be a safety hazard and the scarezone would definitely be packed like crazy because it would end up being just another photo op area but that would be crazy and I bet the photo op area this year will still the scarezone that will end up in Hollywood and in the middle of Shrek and Minions. I wonder what those will be, whether ips or originals.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, HorrorUnearthed said:

Yeah it sounds like a really cool concept and honestly I thought they were still taking a break from 3D houses, I honestly just wanna enjoy Killer Klowns as it's own thing no 3D, they could make it really colorful and stuff then again I mean after seeing Asylum In Wonderland, I mean it would be really cool to do it but I hope they don't make House of 1000 Corpses in 3D then because that would be an eye sore, some houses deserve the 3D house treatment and others just need the really good visuals.

If I’m not wrong didn’t Hollywood do house of 1000 in 3D?

10 minutes ago, HorrorUnearthed said:

I feel like the reason why they wouldn't do it as a scarezone is fearing it would be a safety hazard and the scarezone would definitely be packed like crazy because it would end up being just another photo op area but that would be crazy and I bet the photo op area this year will still the scarezone that will end up in Hollywood and in the middle of Shrek and Minions. I wonder what those will be, whether ips or originals.

Yeah i agree and understand if its a health and safety hazard there is no way they'll do it, i'm looking forward to them releasing some scarezones though. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, mz_ said:

Speculation Map 2.0

DISCLAIMER: Nothing on this map is official unless otherwise already announced by Universal. It is based solely on current online speculation and will change often. 

58676626_284584359154889_5841454963384909824_n.png

so apparently graveyard MIGHT get replaced by creepshow.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

16 minutes ago, LilPetts said:

Yeah i agree and understand if its a health and safety hazard there is no way they'll do it, i'm looking forward to them releasing some scarezones though. 

Yeah hopefully they'll do it soon before going back to the houses, I think it's a safe bet to think that AOV is coming back as the entertainment show this year, I'm really excited for the zones.

• Like 2

So, what codenames would link to this rumoured map? 

Ghostbusters= Hysteria

Stranger Things= Chicken

Tooth Fairy= Drill

Yeti= Jerky

HoTC= Dog

Underwater= Pressure

Nightingales= Pit

Universal Monsters= Onyx

Graveyard= Salt

KKFOS= Cotton

That's what I am guessing.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Luigi18512 said:

So, what codenames would link to this rumoured map? 

Ghostbusters= Hysteria

Stranger Things= Chicken

Tooth Fairy= Drill

Yeti= Jerky

HoTC= Dog

Underwater= Pressure

Nightingales= Pit

Universal Monsters= Onyx

Graveyard= Salt

KKFOS= Cotton

That's what I am guessing.

Swap ST and HoTC.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

6 minutes ago, Hhnsophmore said:

My issue with the speculation map is that the website seems to make it pretty clear it will be a 6 IP /4 original split this year. The map is showing a 5/5 split 

It's no longer set up like that on the website.  Also, I guess it all depends on if you consider Universal Monsters an IP or Original (it's a little bit of both).

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, mz_ said:

It's no longer set up like that on the website.  Also, I guess it all depends on if you consider Universal Monsters an IP or Original (it's a little bit of both).

Interesting. I haven’t checked the website in a while. Someone asked that exact question on Twitter to Aeilo and he said it is considered an IP house. I love the fact it is considered one of the IP’s cause to me it feels more like an original so basically in my head we get one more original this year than I was expecting 

15 minutes ago, mz_ said:

Plus if it was considered and original it would make the split even more skewed and 6 originals 4 Ips. However if it is not set up like that on the website any more then my point is moot 

Edited by Hhnsophmore

1 hour ago, mz_ said:

In Hollywood, it was firmly in the original column for me (but so were the Drac and Frank houses in Orlando in 2009)

3 hours ago, Rikku said:

I wasn't feeling Poltergeist when it was announced.  At all.  Those feelings could have not been more misplaced...

Ghostbusters?  Bring it on, Orlando team.   Murdy, you can pass on this one; don't even try.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Hhnsophmore said:

My issue with the speculation map is that the website seems to make it pretty clear it will be a 6 IP /4 original split this year. The map is showing a 5/5 split 

The announcement of Monsters, and where it falls on the house grid, showed that placement isn’t as clear cut as original vs IP and announcement order. There is a slot between StrTh and UCM.

3 hours ago, mz_ said:

Yes. The website setup isn’t consistent with a definitive IP/Original split off point. 

Monsters is an original take on IPs. It’s is no different than Cabin, Thing: Assimilation, and ‘07 NoES. It’s a strange hybrid. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, themazethinker said:
3 hours ago, themazethinker said:
4 hours ago, mz_ said:

Speculation Map 2.0

DISCLAIMER: Nothing on this map is official unless otherwise already announced by Universal. It is based solely on current online speculation and will change often. 

58676626_284584359154889_5841454963384909824_n.png

I love it! Which of these could be classified as the "Icon" house though?

Also, once again for anyone confused by the map:

Ghostbusters - Soundstage 22

Tooth Fairy - Soundstage 24B

Appalachian Yeti - Soundstage 24A

Stranger Things - Soundstage 25

House of 1000 Corpses - MIB Tent

Depths of Fear - Sprung Tent 2

Nightingales: Blood Pit - Sprung Tent 1

Universal Monsters - New Parade Building

Graveyard: Hide & Shriek - Parade Building

Killer Klownz from Outer Space - Shrek 4D Theater 2

• Like 1

Does it lend some help to the idea that Ghostbusters will be involved if you knew that they are using Stay Puft as a giveaway for games in the parks along side Frankenstein and, I think, the Wolfman?

Source: Tim Tracker video

2 hours ago, Insane24Se7en said:

Not going to lie, I am surprised that they actually put Ghostbusters up front when Stranger Things is the real draw they are using

While nothing is set in stone until the official map comes out, I was a little surprised at first. But then it hit me, SS 25 would be a thoroughly big enough space for a house that's featuring two seasons instead of one.

• Like 1