Halloween Horror Nights 29 Speculation

Mark M.

17 minutes ago, Gambit said:
It's that time again. Time for the infamous Speculation Map for HHN 29!
DISCLAIMER: Nothing on this map is official unless otherwise already announced by Universal. It is based solely on current online speculation and will change often.

236OrFZ.png

Anyone too lazy to read the map:

Ghostbusters - Soundstage 22

Appalachian Yeti - Soundstage 24B

Unknown Original  - Soundstage 24A

Stranger Things - Soundstage 25

House of 1000 Corpses - MIB Tent

Unknown Original - Sprung Tent 2

Nightingales: Blood Pit - Sprung Tent 1

Universal Monsters - New Parade Building

Unknown Original - Parade Building

Killer Klownz from Outer Space - Shrek 4D Theater 2

• Like 5

38 minutes ago, Gambit said:
It's that time again. Time for the infamous Speculation Map for HHN 29!
DISCLAIMER: Nothing on this map is official unless otherwise already announced by Universal. It is based solely on current online speculation and will change often.

236OrFZ.png

i can't see it due to a school filter. what does it say?

edit - nm

Edited by themazethinker

34 minutes ago, HHN Pro 2 said:

Anyone too lazy to read the map:

Ghostbusters - Soundstage 22

Appalachian Yeti - Soundstage 24B

Unknown Original  - Soundstage 24A

Stranger Things - Soundstage 25

House of 1000 Corpses - MIB Tent

Unknown Original - Sprung Tent 2

Nightingales: Blood Pit - Sprung Tent 1

Universal Monsters - New Parade Building

Unknown Original - Parade Building

Killer Klownz from Outer Space - Shrek 4D Theater 2

a supposed original is a "tooth fairy" maze.

• Like 5

Not to nitpick but a "yeti's" defining feature is being native to Asia. An "Appalachian Yeti" is a misnomer unless theres some inventive lore about a world traveling fuzzy friend from the Himalayan mountains. 

More fun facts:

- Yeti comes from a sherpa word yeh-teh

- Abominable Snowman comes from a mistranslation of Yeti

- Sasquatch comes from sesquac, a Halkomelem word and is native to the Pacific Northwest 

- Similarly Bigfoot comes from a newspaper misprint of a "big foot" being printed as one word

- The Skunk Ape/ Swamp Ape or "Florida Bigfoot" is a creature native to Florida (but rarely and sometimes allegedly signed in Louisiana, North Carolina or Arkansas)

- Attack of the Swamp Yeti was most likely a reference to the Swamp Ape. Most people don't know about the Swamp Ape however and Swamp Bigfoot doesn't quite roll off the tongue 

- The "Bigfoot" native closest to Appalachia is actually called a "Yahoo" as described by Daniel Boone. The Yahoo is a Kentucky legend

• Like 4

I posted this on inside universal forum but I just saw a random comment (thats now deleted) but it said the other 3 original houses are toothfairy, depths of fear, and graveyard: Hide and shriek. No idea if it has any accuracy to it at all but thought it was worth sharing.

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, Luigi18512 said:

I wonder if it will have any connection to the Hide and Shrieeek scarezone in 2003. Probably not as all that scarezone was was a bunch of black and white walls with black and white scareactors standing next to them.

You know actually the thing did say hide and Shrieeek but i just didnt think it would actually be spelled that way so it could possibly!

3 minutes ago, Luigi18512 said:

Not many places to hide in a cemetery, except for inside of a grave.

As a kid me and my friends use to dare each other to play in the cemetery at night but we always chickened out so it could possibly be like that lol. Dare gone wrong.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Luigi18512 said:

So are we as the guests going to be the ones doing the hiding, evil monsters hiding, or a bunch of kids hiding and we watch the consequences of them hiding in a graveyard?

I would assume a mixture of the three. Kind of gives me twisted traditions vibes with the kids opening the church.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, HHN Pro 2 said:

It'd be fun for a Leave It 2 Cleaver house and for Meat Meatz to be the Icon. Know what would be better though?

H.R. Bloodengutz sequel with good ol' Bloodengutz as the Icon! Please!!!

Only have to hope for the future as icons unlikely but houses returning I could see but there is a time and place for both those to happen, so I wouldn't doubt that A&D have those along with other ideas on their checklist to make happen. :)

10 hours ago, Legacy said:

I expect a Terra Cruentes house next year, but that’s it.

If that's all we get, I honestly would take it and wouldn't mind but I hope they put it in a big soundstage or at least the Parade building and give it an awesome immersive feel and a lot of good setting and imagery. I'd wouldn't mind it being an origin of the Terra Queen. :)

I like the hide and seek aspect, sorta brings back an idea of Where Evil Hides from 15, really interesting but set in a graveyard, seems like something they were going to bring last year but saved for this year? Idk, but I do love the concept, hope more comes out about it. As for the other ideas can't wait to see those come to fruition, I think this year's Originals should be continuing the scary good vibes of last year's houses, hopefully they keep that energy and intensity that some of the houses last year had to them.

Edited by HorrorUnearthed
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Midnight Detective said:

Not to nitpick but a "yeti's" defining feature is being native to Asia. An "Appalachian Yeti" is a misnomer unless theres some inventive lore about a world traveling fuzzy friend from the Himalayan mountains. 

More fun facts:

- Yeti comes from a sherpa word yeh-teh

- Abominable Snowman comes from a mistranslation of Yeti

- Sasquatch comes from sesquac, a Halkomelem word and is native to the Pacific Northwest 

- Similarly Bigfoot comes from a newspaper misprint of a "big foot" being printed as one word

- The Skunk Ape/ Swamp Ape or "Florida Bigfoot" is a creature native to Florida (but rarely and sometimes allegedly signed in Louisiana, North Carolina or Arkansas)

- Attack of the Swamp Yeti was most likely a reference to the Swamp Ape. Most people don't know about the Swamp Ape however and Swamp Bigfoot doesn't quite roll off the tongue 

- The "Bigfoot" native closest to Appalachia is actually called a "Yahoo" as described by Daniel Boone. The Yahoo is a Kentucky legend

Have I told you lately that I like you?

Biggest pet peeve from this year is the cryptid misnomer. My guess is someone has Sasquatch or Bigfoot trademarked. 

I’ve been silently fuming about this. 

Graveyard house:

We are apparently talking about the house I was referring to earlier now. The final original. 

This would be the one that doesn’t make thematic sense to me. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, USHER6998 said:

I think the one I’m least excited for this year is depths of fear because I have no idea how they will do it or anything. Can’t wait to hear info on this one later!

Also I kind of hope killer klowns will be in 3D!

Yeah it sounds like a really cool concept and honestly I thought they were still taking a break from 3D houses, I honestly just wanna enjoy Killer Klowns as it's own thing no 3D, they could make it really colorful and stuff then again I mean after seeing Asylum In Wonderland, I mean it would be really cool to do it but I hope they don't make House of 1000 Corpses in 3D then because that would be an eye sore, some houses deserve the 3D house treatment and others just need the really good visuals.

• Like 2