Halloween Horror Nights 29 Speculation

Mark M.

Murdy confirmed on the QnA that slash would only be used in Hollywood.

25 minutes ago, Gambit said:

I can't remember all the details but from what I remember it was a last minute addition to that years line up. I think it might have had something to do with them losing a house that was already under construction in the old Soundstage 44 building that was then suddenly demolished for Transformers. Basically the House of Horrors was Classic Monsters + Dead Exposure lighting + a couple reused sets in combination with some new ones. It worked to make the house scarier and also hid some of the sets that were lacking in details.

10 minutes ago, HorrorUnearthed said:

Yeah I think the house that was going to be in the Murder She Wrote soundstage was the Urban Legends Chupacabra house and it looks like they ended up skipping out on it and brought Urban Legends La Llorana the following year but I wonder if they will use what they were going to do with the Chaupacabra house for the Swamp Yeti house, that would be really cool.

Awesome thank you! I heard a couple of people mention it earlier today and was curious! It’s amazing how fascinating the history of hhn is! I’m new to the community and quickly falling in love with it!!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Midnight Detective said:

I think if the scarezones match the house lineup were getting this year this will be the HHN we've had in a long time

I mean I wanna jump on the Sleep Paralysis train but I don't think that has anything to do with this year and was just apart of Orlando's teasing in their tweets which was somewhat annoying lol. I do hope though that there is a wraparound theme for this year's event, it would be really cool to see them change the theme, I think it'd be cool to go back to an 80s theme in a later year.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, zombieman said:

You make it through the weekend, Mystique?  I think we all got off rather lightly; at one point I was muttering "That's it.  Everyone is dead..."  Helluva a terrific ride!

They should never schedule HHN house announcements following GoT Sunday...

On the bright side, HHN just announced The Battle of Winterfell house!

I’m alive and kicking and screaming and I am still not ok. 

The announcement was a decent diversion, but I was distracted by something on another forum that I’ve been trying to figure out. It’s maintained the majority of my focus today. 

If I can get an answer to a question I asked, it may help me piece some things together. 

Yay!! Announcement!!

And we are moving on...

If I get an answer I may prime the pump by dropping hints to get you all the speculate. More minds are always better at figuring things out. 

3 hours ago, mystiquephreeq said:

I’m alive and kicking and screaming and I am still not ok. 

The announcement was a decent diversion, but I was distracted by something on another forum that I’ve been trying to figure out. It’s maintained the majority of my focus today. 

If I can get an answer to a question I asked, it may help me piece some things together. 

Yay!! Announcement!!

And we are moving on...

If I get an answer I may prime the pump by dropping hints to get you all the speculate. More minds are always better at figuring things out. 

Off to the races with the next house in the cards aye?

Gotta come in for a sec and scatch my head for a moment, wasn't Uni Classic monsters on that leaked lineup?

Does that confirm it? If so to be honest I don't seem to like that lineup as much as everyone else. And im not trying to be a brat, but I expected more out of the lineup for this year. Ghostbusters though is interesting.

4 minutes ago, mystiquephreeq said:

There’s something that doesn’t thematically make sense to me at the moment. My brain is trying to figure that out. 

I’m a storyteller. I, always, try to figure out the story. 

Could you potentially elaborate? I heard this year won’t have a theme or icon?

6 hours ago, krazyhorrorkid said:

Gotta come in for a sec and scatch my head for a moment, wasn't Uni Classic monsters on that leaked lineup?

Does that confirm it? If so to be honest I don't seem to like that lineup as much as everyone else. And im not trying to be a brat, but I expected more out of the lineup for this year. Ghostbusters though is interesting.

I could see this being a strong build for the event this year, right now it might be interesting but when the overall event is revealed I think it will be promising, it just takes sometime and letting each house sink and seeing what they are going to be about, what is making it confusing and difficult to understand is Universal not giving more insight on the houses they've released now. I mean like teaser video or teaser pics, we've only been given a video for the ips and the one original we have didn't get a video unless something happen and they are still working on it or what have you. We can't simply judge the event until it's a whole you know. Universal Monsters was on the leaked list but I feel like something on the list could have gotten push back or has been dealt and now coming to the event.

1 hour ago, mystiquephreeq said:

Not an overall theme. Just one house. 

Is this house going to be the next house coming up for announcement or just one of the houses that's planned to be announced "soon"?

Edited by HorrorUnearthed
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, HHN Pro 2 said:

Alright, 3 houses announced, and it seems this is our map so far!

Stranger Things - Soundstage 22

Nightingales: Blood Pit - Sprung Tent 1

Universal Monsters - New Parade Building

Yeah we just need to know what will be in these next:

Soundstage 24B

Shrek Theater
MIB Tent
Soundstage 25
Soundstage 24 A

Sprung Tent 2
Parade Building

5 minutes ago, HHN Pro 2 said:

So there will be an Icon house?

I think the only one comes to mind but it's not gonna be an icon is the supposed rumored Leave It 2 Cleaver house which would be the second returning house from the past next to Nightingales. That's the only comes to mind.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, HorrorUnearthed said:

Yeah we just need to know what will be in these next:

Soundstage 24B

Shrek Theater
MIB Tent
Soundstage 25
Soundstage 24 A

Sprung Tent 2
Parade Building

I think the only one comes to mind but it's not gonna be an icon is the supposed rumored Leave It 2 Cleaver house which would be the second returning house from the past next to Nightingales. That's the only comes to mind.

Legacy said he hasn’t heard anything that would make him suspect leave it to cleaver 2 unfortunately but one can hope because that house would be incredible!!!

5 minutes ago, USHER6998 said:

Legacy said he hasn’t heard anything that would make him suspect leave it to cleaver 2 unfortunately but one can hope because that house would be incredible!!!

Yeah, I've been wanting that house to return since 19 lol, a fun little house and would have been perfect to return last year, missed opportunity but the line up was great last year and I wouldn't change it but hopefully Universal will go back to another 80s theme year later on down the line and pick up where they left off on the ips and originals set in 80s lol

3 minutes ago, Legacy said:

She hopes so. 

I don’t think there will be.

Nor do I think Leave It 2 Cleaver is happening.

I feel like if they only go for icon for this year, they'll end up bringing Jack and I love Jack but the other icons deserve their due as well, so I can't see it with how the higher ups have been before, I don't see anything changing their minds now. As for Leave It 2 Cleaver, you'd think riding off the success of last year, it would be a perfect opportunity to bring em back especially since the anniversary year is coming, it would be awesome to see Ole Meetz to make a return this time the son or something taking over.

53 minutes ago, HorrorUnearthed said:

Is this house going to be the next house coming up for announcement or just one of the houses that's planned to be announced "soon"?

#eventually!

I’m not sure what the next house announcement will be. It’s the only house that I currently don’t understand based what little I know. 

47 minutes ago, HHN Pro 2 said:

So there will be an Icon house?

Unsure at this time. Most likely not, but I’m always cynically hopeful. 

34 minutes ago, Legacy said:

She hopes so. 

I don’t think there will be.

Nor do I think Leave It 2 Cleaver is happening.

You keep answering my questions, and you answer correctly. Out of my head, please. There’s already too many people in there. 

Now for the why I’m hopeful. 5/5 still seems to be in play. The announcement/house grid on the site is weird. The way things are spaced is just not visually appealing, unless there are other reasons for the spacing. 

If the spacing is based on importance/fan reception, we must ask: What original would be more important than Nightingales? And there’s a house that doesn’t make sense to me. It could simply be a matter of simplicity. I see far more potential and want more, but the house theming is simple/more basic. 

It’s my only means of speculation at the moment, and I miss speculating. 

• Like 3

Well we are 129 Days away from HHN, so hopefully we get something about the tickets and about the scarezones because those definitely have to be mentioned, as for the other originals, I wouldn't doubt them releasing them at the same time like they've done back at 27, releasing them and then the videos and info tied to them. I mean that's the best unless will continuously throw out more time-wasting tweets. I really do hope they actually give us better info and more insight into this year's event. No update had been done to the site except for the house page, but you'd think they'd have some cool theming to the site like last year, this year's site looks compared to Hollywood's.

1 minute ago, HorrorUnearthed said:

Well we are 129 Days away from HHN, so hopefully we get something about the tickets and about the scarezones because those definitely have to be mentioned, as for the other originals, I wouldn't doubt them releasing them at the same time like they've done back at 27, releasing them and then the videos and info tied to them. I mean that's the best unless will continuously throw out more time-wasting tweets. I really do hope they actually give us better info and more insight into this year's event. No update had been done to the site except for the house page, but you'd think they'd have some cool theming to the site like last year, this year's site looks compared to Hollywood's.

I think a cool scarezone could be a area that’s like a sacrificial ritual to summon terra queen for 30 next year! Maybe even have some of the icons there!

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, HorrorUnearthed said:

Still a few weeks until zones. Next house in a couple of weeks.

9 minutes ago, USHER6998 said:

I think a cool scarezone could be a area that’s like a sacrificial ritual to summon terra queen for 30 next year! Maybe even have some of the icons there!

Except Terra Cruentes is a different “world” than the one that the icons live in. Terra Cruentes is a story the Storyteller told.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, USHER6998 said:

After seeing how they did Festival Of The Deadliest, that mixed how they did HHN 15's scarezones for Terra Cruentas, there are a lot of ways they could bring it to Universal and try their best to recreate the visual look it had at 15 maybe not all the way but enough to praise 15 you know. The icons wouldn't be included.

30 minutes ago, Legacy said:

Still a few weeks until zones. Next house in a couple of weeks.

Except Terra Cruentes is a different “world” than the one that the icons live in. Terra Cruentes is a story the Storyteller told.

Yeah I doubt we'll see her get as much as a due since she was just a promotional icon but you know that's where it sucks that we can't do dual parks anymore. Islands for Terra Cruentas and Universal for the icons but with that said, we still got HHN 29 to experience lol, so lets hope this year does really well and see what it brings. :)

41 minutes ago, HorrorUnearthed said:

After seeing how they did Festival Of The Deadliest, that mixed how they did HHN 15's scarezones for Terra Cruentas, there are a lot of ways they could bring it to Universal and try their best to recreate the visual look it had at 15 maybe not all the way but enough to praise 15 you know. The icons wouldn't be included.

Yeah I doubt we'll see her get as much as a due since she was just a promotional icon but you know that's where it sucks that we can't do dual parks anymore. Islands for Terra Cruentas and Universal for the icons but with that said, we still got HHN 29 to experience lol, so lets hope this year does really well and see what it brings. :)

I expect a Terra Cruentes house next year, but that’s it.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

It's that time again. Time for the infamous Speculation Map for HHN 29!
DISCLAIMER: Nothing on this map is official unless otherwise already announced by Universal. It is based solely on current online speculation and will change often.

236OrFZ.png
  • Like 2