Halloween Horror Nights 29 Speculation

Mark M.

Maybe its the announcement of an icon :), and the return of an interactive site. The trees with chainsaw tweet gave me a When the Boughs Break Your Limbs Will Fall Off vibe, so maybe Bloodengutz will return. This is wishful thinking though.

Also, I wonder if the underwater house would be based on Atlantis or just going deep underwater with weird sea creatures.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, krazyhorrorkid said:

Jesus christ.... They don't usually hype up announcements like this for nothing.

And the possibility of it being a shared IP let's the mind wander

Yeah I'm really interested in seeing what this could possibly be. Some people believe it could be Ghostbusters or the return of HOTC, I mean Hollywood technically had the maze 3 times, it would be great to see it come to our event for the first time while Hollywood maybe gets The Devil Reject's portion added the house I mean that would be cool on Hollywood's end

Edited by HorrorUnearthed

1 hour ago, kablue said:

The tweets are lines/lyrics from McBeth and Annie. Obviously, they are saying an announcement is tomorrow, but both sources are plays. Could tomorrow's announcement somehow have a connection to theater?

He quotes Macbeth for every announcement. Also I think It just means there will be a announcement in the morning and nothing more. Here’s hoping we get monsters tomorrow!!  

• Like 2

Yeah Orlando has already been pulling off the tweets they've done back in 2017, so right now I'm just in the middle with both Hollywood and Orlando about stuff, I could understand Orlando are at work but you don't have to be playfully teasing every time, give us at something, be a little more active and tweet useful stuff.

• Like 1

On 4/24/2019 at 12:10 PM, mystiquephreeq said:

I was hoping for an announcement this week so I could have something to focus on after the Battle of Winterfell. I am not going to be ok Monday. I’ll be a blithering mess Sunday night. 

You make it through the weekend, Mystique?  I think we all got off rather lightly; at one point I was muttering "That's it.  Everyone is dead..."  Helluva a terrific ride!

They should never schedule HHN house announcements following GoT Sunday...

On the bright side, HHN just announced The Battle of Winterfell house!

• Like 2

Don't know how to post the media, but don't count out the 80's theme returning!

Got an Email from HHN Orlando saying that:

They're on the hunt

They're after you

They're hungry like the wolf <-- Okay, I made this one up, but it was in regard to Uni Monsters, which will feature Wolfman

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, USHER6998 said:

Can somebody tell me what the whole big deal about house of horrors at 22 is? Was it supposed to be a different IP like scream or a last minute build or something?

I can't remember all the details but from what I remember it was a last minute addition to that years line up. I think it might have had something to do with them losing a house that was already under construction in the old Soundstage 44 building that was then suddenly demolished for Transformers. Basically the House of Horrors was Classic Monsters + Dead Exposure lighting + a couple reused sets in combination with some new ones. It worked to make the house scarier and also hid some of the sets that were lacking in details.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Gambit said:

I can't remember all the details but from what I remember it was a last minute addition to that years line up. I think it might have had something to do with them losing a house that was already under construction in the old Soundstage 44 building that was then suddenly demolished for Transformers. Basically the House of Horrors was Classic Monsters + Dead Exposure lighting + a couple reused sets in combination with some new ones. It worked to make the house scarier and also hid some of the sets that were lacking in details.

Yeah I think the house that was going to be in the Murder She Wrote soundstage was the Urban Legends Chupacabra house and it looks like they ended up skipping out on it and brought Urban Legends La Llorana the following year but I wonder if they will use what they were going to do with the Chaupacabra house for the Swamp Yeti house, that would be really cool.

• Like 1