Halloween Horror Nights 29 Speculation

Mark M.

12 minutes ago, Legacy said:

I LOVE Deep Star Six.

I love all of them. Deep Star Six is second place to Leviathan. Leviathan and DeepStar Six get a lot of flack for being an “Alien” rip off, but I have to wonder whether Ridley was inspired by Leviathan for Prometheus. At least, when it comes to the means of monster creation. 

• Like 1

I honestly hope years to come that Universal would make films based on all the originals houses, it would be very cool, I still think about it, I haven't really talked about it, but I just imagined what Seeds Of Extinction would look like as an 80s horror film and it seems like it would look really cool. I just hope it happens and not only that but also for our beloved icons to get their dues in origin films of their own.

So I saw The Nun yesterday, and while I had difficulty staying awake until the end, the visuals had HHN written all over them.  I don't watch movies thinking how they would translate into a house, but all the jump scares screamed HHN to me for some reason (the paper thin plot sure didn't help to keep my mind from wandering).

Not a great movie by any means, but it did so well at the box office, the GP would eat it up.

• Like 2

On 4/16/2019 at 2:56 PM, zombieman said:

Jeez, Mysique, if I knew the ins and outs of my job as well as you know your HHN lore, I'd be CEO and not some employee spending way too much company time on HNN.

Quoting again to thank you for adding another title to my twitter bio..

“Mystique, of the House Phreeq, the first of Her name, Queen of Spec and Rumors, Keeper of Lore, Dasher of Dreams, Solver of Riddles, and Protector of The Fandom”

Forums are functioning folk. 

Let’s keep things moving forward!

Let’s keep things Creepy! 

The Show must go on!

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, hunnylvr said:

Was really hoping for an announcement today.  Guess it will be next week now since Marvel will take over the world starting tomorrow night.

I was hoping for an announcement this week so I could have something to focus on after the Battle of Winterfell. I am not going to be ok Monday. I’ll be a blithering mess Sunday night. 

I apologize in advance if I start to randomly create crazy spec starting around 10:30pm Sunday night. It will be my coping mechanism. 

In other news:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

45 minutes ago, hunnylvr said:

Was really hoping for an announcement today.  Guess it will be next week now since Marvel will take over the world starting tomorrow night.

From memory Dead Exposure was announced the day before Infinity War was released in the US. So perfectly reasonable for there to be some announcement tomorrow as they have prior history of this. I only remember this as it was the same day we got Infinity War in the UK, and we get Endgame tomorrow also (which I’m seeing in the morning).

41 minutes ago, mystiquephreeq said:

I was hoping for an announcement this week so I could have something to focus on after the Battle of Winterfell. I am not going to be ok Monday. I’ll be a blithering mess Sunday night.

Between whatever ending they have planned for the end of the epic Avengers storyline, and most of my favorites probably dying in the Battle of Winterfell on Sunday, it's going to be a very emotional weekend. Good think I found some bottles of Ommegang's For the Throne beer to help me make it through Sunday's episode.

• Like 2

Okay, Mystique, GoT question here... I've not read the books.  Have watched the whole series and, man, this season is off the charts.  Has the show sufficiently diverged from the books such that no one really knows who will live or die?  Does the show have a "Daryl" type character who never appeared or was a minor character in the books yet is a primary character in the show?

22 minutes ago, zombieman said:

Okay, Mystique, GoT question here... I've not read the books.  Have watched the whole series and, man, this season is off the charts.  Has the show sufficiently diverged from the books such that no one really knows who will live or die?  Does the show have a "Daryl" type character who never appeared or was a minor character in the books yet is a primary character in the show?

Considering Jon Snow is still dead in the books, I’d say the show has diverged. It’s actually surpassed the books. No one knows anything anymore. Several characters have be merged into other characters. Pod, Missandei, and Grey Worm have grown more than their book counterparts. Missandei is about 10 when Dani first meets her. Daryl type characters, no.

And to keep this HHN related: GoT has some excellent horror iconography, but the appeal to the show for me has always been the characters. I’m not sure I’d be happy with a house due to this. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, TheRobcat said:

We need a Thrones house

and a Westworld house

and a Deadwood house

and an Oz house

and a Barry house

How about a Sopranos house?  We could have "Don't Stop Believin" on an endless loop.. except for the Bada Bing room - of which there must be one.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, DocNiktMarr said:

I'm with Legacy, can I have some context?

I had the same Q, so went searching another forum.  My summary is probably not fully accurate.  Ifrit clue suggested announcement yesterday or today.  A bet over Butterbeer was made as to the announcement: Creepshow vs HOTC vs Classic Monsters.  Creepshow was seen as a strong rumor for this year - possibly even started build.  (King Creepshow vs TV series Creepshow was still being volleyed about.)  Then someone suggested that it was Creepshow, and that it had been "Screamed" (or "Conjoured" if you prefer), which was in line from a recent Murdy tweet where he said he was thrown a curveball.  Announcement was not made.  (Evidently, something is happening with Marvel this weekend, so announcements are now expected in May.)  Someone concluded that Creepshow was now off the table; Legacy said whoa there, Nelly! (as he did here).

Did I sum that up about right, Legacy?

• Like 2