Halloween Horror Nights 29 Speculation

Mark M.

Just now, USHER6998 said:

I wasn’t a fan of the mermaid scene last year but I hope they make a cool house nonetheless. I am kind of hoping it’s a tease to hellraiser tho. 

It was very cheesy, not to be taken literal you know, I mean the house maybe bring maybe potentially Dead Man's Wharf, that scarezone was definitely awesome and the story was perfect for house, it could be the second original based on The Fog and put as a maze, still hoping for The Fog itself being maze with theme and characters all. I didn't mind Forsaken and loved and the Dead Man's Wharf scarezone was perfect but still hoping for an actual ip house for that film.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheRobcat said:

Oh, my nickname for this year is Doctors Without Borders. 

Dr.'s Stantz, Venkman, and Spengler, Dr. Satan, Tooth Fairies, Nightingales, Dr. Paul Reiser

If we get UCM you could add Dr Frankenstein as well. Or Dr Acula 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, HorrorUnearthed said:

Look at how they did the Mermaid scene in Scary Tales, the perfect effects right there are the only way they could get away it if they do one, as for JAWS, that would be interesting but every time that one always gets shut down although it has a perfect concept, I don't think they want to deal with another mechanical shark problem let alone putting a person in a shark costume chasing people lol that would just make a very cheesy house instead of scary one XD

This made me think of Chevy Chase in the old SNL "Land Shark" sketches. I enjoy the comedy houses, but I think that would be too much.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Midnight Detective said:

It's going to be weird if we have a deep sea house AND a toothfairy house the same year considering Knotts has done both

But I don't know what's going on. Just saying 

...but how would it be weird? It's been done before, but here's another take on it - Universal Orlando and Knotts both had houses based on botched paranormal investigations, Edgar Allen Poe (with another Orlando theme park ALSO having one, same year as Universal, actually), horrid events unfurling in space, ominous westerns, and dark takes on Alice in Wonderland, and each time, it was a different story (EAP's madness VS an EAP-inspired killer, cowboy ghosts VS werewolves, an object that causes madness VS teleportation accidents... I think). I'm fairly certain it's a part of the business. I'll admit that, between the two, Universal usually uses a concept first - but nothing's weird with Knott's trying something first.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, USHER6998 said:

I wasn’t a fan of the mermaid scene last year but I hope they make a cool house nonetheless. I am kind of hoping it’s a tease to hellraiser tho. 

I wish I saw the mermaid scene in action, I came to the event late last year (as always) and it never was working when I was there so I have no idea what it looked like lol

• Like 1

I spent most of my day in my own world, followed by the Land of Retail. 

I’ve seen it mentioned somewhere, but not sure if it was on here. 

The Abyss and Leviathan are movies that came out in 1989. There was one more titled Deep Star Six. All of them dealt with otherworldly creatures in the deep ocean. The Abyss was less monster movie than the other two, but The Abyss is far more recognizable. 

Yes, I think he missed capitalizing Falls. 

• Like 2

What could a house about the Tooth Fairy be like? I was hoping it could be like Bloodengutz but with children's mythological creatures like the sandman.

Also does anyone know which codename Stranger Things was.

Edited by Luigi18512

1 hour ago, mystiquephreeq said:

I spent most of my day in my own world, followed by the Land of Retail. 

I’ve seen it mentioned somewhere, but not sure if it was on here. 

The Abyss and Leviathan are movies that came out in 1989. There was one more titled Deep Star Six. All of them dealt with otherworldly creatures in the deep ocean. The Abyss was less monster movie than the other two, but The Abyss is far more recognizable. 

Yes, I think he missed capitalizing Falls. 

falls is now lower case. I swear it was originally capitalized. Right?

1 hour ago, Luigi18512 said:

What could a house about the Tooth Fairy be like? I was hoping it could be like Bloodengutz but with children's mythological creatures like the sandman.

Also does anyone know which codename Stranger Things was.

A thing to note with codenames is Universal's been changing them to combat leaks, but Hysteria was pretty much Stranger Things.

As for the Tooth Fairy, over at Knott's they ran with the angle of the Tooth Fairy kidnapping children to her lair if they stayed awake to try and see her. From there the kids had their teeth forcibly extracted (Lot's of kids with ripped out jaws in that house), and if they didn't die, they were turned into her minions. The house was seriously visceral and f'd up, so Uni can work some seriously demented magic here. Wouldn't surprise me this is in SS 24 for some flyer action.

• Like 2

Knott's Tooth Fairy

Here is a high quality video, but a so-so cast.  Note the  unique Stuff in Face - hanging strings with teeth tied to them.

The house began in a child's room (@0:48), where an actor was repeatedly abducted by the TF minions.   It transitioned to the TF lair, where she performs her extractions, with all the dental drill sounds that terrified us as kids.  Aside from lots of cages with kids in them (@2:28), the Tooth Fairy's lair had walls covered with letters that kids had written to the Tooth Fairy (@2:16) along with fliers for missing children.  Creep factor 10.  And if anyone recalls the Saws and Steam hallway with the small animated crushers - repeatedly squeezing the last bit of fluid from chunks of human meat - TF had a hallway with animated skulls opening and slamming their jaws shut (@2:50).   It was a seriously messed up house.  Check out @4:21.  And although this video doesn't show it, the finale room was a effect of the TF flying out from a wall above you.  

The video doesn't capture the facade very well, but it was made to look like a house.  Through the windows in front you could peer into a little girl's bedroom.  It was a looping video of her playing, then getting sleepy and crawling into bed, then waking and going to play.  The little girl is the daughter of a Knott's Show Director.

Here's another video (with a much better cast) that catches things missed in the first one

The facade (@0:15)

Piles of stolen money from under pillows, Dear Tooth Fairy letters, and Missing children reports (@3:18)

Bloody mouth video (@6:25)

Finale room scare (@7:44)

One thing you can't help but notice is Knott's propensity to use big goofy masks that don't really fit the theme.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, zombieman said:

Knott's Tooth Fairy

Here is a high quality video, but a so-so cast.  Note the  unique Stuff in Face - hanging strings with teeth tied to them.

The house began in a child's room (@0:48), where an actor was repeatedly abducted by the TF minions.   It transitioned to the TF lair, where she performs her extractions, with all the dental drill sounds that terrified us as kids.  Aside from lots of cages with kids in them (@2:28), the Tooth Fairy's lair had walls covered with letters that kids had written to the Tooth Fairy (@2:16) along with fliers for missing children.  Creep factor 10.  And if anyone recalls the Saws and Steam hallway with the small animated crushers - repeatedly squeezing the last bit of fluid from chunks of human meat - TF had a hallway with animated skulls opening and slamming their jaws shut (@2:50).   It was a seriously messed up house.  Check out @4:21.  And although this video doesn't show it, the finale room was a effect of the TF flying out from a wall above you.  

The video doesn't capture the facade very well, but it was made to look like a house.  Through the windows in front you could peer into a little girl's bedroom.  It was a looping video of her playing, then getting sleepy and crawling into bed, then waking and going to play.  The little girl is the daughter of a Knott's Show Director.

Here's another video (with a much better cast) that catches things missed in the first one

Piles of stolen money from under pillows, Dear Tooth Fairy letters, and Missing children reports (@3:18)

One thing you can't help but notice is Knott's propensity to use big goofy masks that don't really fit the theme.

That was seriously disturbing, but great concept for a house. Will be a great addition to the lineup!

6 hours ago, zombieman said:

Knott's Tooth Fairy

Seems similar to Dollhouse.

Guessing this will be the flyer house?

10 hours ago, Brandon_Voorhees said:

Hysteria is Ghostbusters, it's taken from one of the most famous quotes from the movie. 

Nope. It was mentioned that Hysteria was fitting for the general public's reaction last year to a house. Considering GB was nowhere at the event last year...

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Tobias said:

Nope. It was mentioned that Hysteria was fitting for the general public's reaction last year to a house. Considering GB was nowhere at the event last year...

Things change when more information comes out. 

Assumption are made for codenames in many cases. Take the fact that Pit was changed to Discus. 

Hysteria was assumed to be StrTh, but that is probably Dog. 

• Like 3

20 hours ago, mystiquephreeq said:

I LOVE Deep Star Six.

• Like 2