Halloween Horror Nights 29 Speculation

Mark M.

23 hours ago, Hhnsophmore said:

Anyone in here heard anything about this Uni survey that supposedly accidentally went out early and had a list of all the IPs coming this year? 

Sorry, but that is folklore.  Universal didn't have a survey sitting on the shelf saying "Here's what we are planning for HHN this year.  What do you think?"

What likely happened is that a real survey was sent listing MANY IP and asking if people had heard of it and if they found it scary.  This exact sort of survey has happened several times before, right around this time of year.  In fact whoever originated the story might have been referencing an old survey.  I have taken HHN surveys more than once with most of those IPs listed.

The IP list would contain a vast array of IP, most of which they never planned to bring to HHN or knew it would not be contractually possible.  Rather they are (in my opinion) taking the pulse of the community as to what is still relevant and desired.

• Like 6

23 hours ago, HorrorUnearthed said:

Also I don't know if anyone had seen IFrit's tweets but these are the two riddle tweets that were posted:

Another riddle four you two se3

The potential of discovery.

A week, today, who really knows

Each year the faucet really slows.

I have no idea what to make of him anymore. I’m still angry about last year’s IT riddles, but he knew Nightingales was happening and the Roman connection. He’s, also, admitted being wrong and seems more cautious this year. 

I will give him kudos for getting people to tweet in Latin, though. 

• Like 6

So I am going to take this with a grain of salt but I have heard from a team member that 7 of the houses will be 

stranger things 2 and 3

nightingales

leave it to cleaver

swamp yeti

ghostbusters

house of 1000 corpses

universal monsters

I dont know if this is 100% real or not but i thought it was interesting none the less.

• Haha 2

Just now, littlegreenghouls said:

Maybe remove  two in the middle. I think there might be a contract with sony/ paramount. 

Have they worked with sony/paramount in the past? also the only one that stuck out to me was monsters but I would love to see it done this year!

3 hours ago, USHER6998 said:

So I am going to take this with a grain of salt but I have heard from a team member that 7 of the houses will be 

stranger things 2 and 3

nightingales

leave it to cleaver

swamp yeti

ghostbusters

house of 1000 corpses

universal monsters 

I dont know if this is 100% real or not but i thought it was interesting none the less.

Seems like an interesting list, I still feel ehh about Ghostbusters but the other 4 I could definitely see happening, I don't think there is no doubt that Hollywood would definitely pull out another Monsters maze whether this year or next year, but I could see Universal using it this year or next year, Swamp Yeti, I mean after the reaction that part of the maze in Slaughter got, I mean I honestly would love to see happen but who knows, Leave It To Cleaver, would definitely be cool to see this happen, it's been long overdue but it's perfect to come back and it's an ultimate fan-favorite, so could be possible. House Of 1000 Corpses, I mean Rob hasn't done another Great American Nightmare event and he's been very busy with Three From Hell and Touring and working on the new album, I honestly wouldn't doubt that he would given Universal his approval to bring it to our event, unless he approves it though. Hollywood has had it quite a few times and I wouldn't doubt we'd have it as an exclusive ip for us while maybe also promoting Three From Hell which is set to release on October 31st.

4 hours ago, mystiquephreeq said:

I have no idea what to make of him anymore. I’m still angry about last year’s IT riddles, but he knew Nightingales was happening and the Roman connection. He’s, also, admitted being wrong and seems more cautious this year. 

I will give him kudos for getting people to tweet in Latin, though. 

Yeah, hopefully something is coming soon, I mean Universal has been on a roll with the announcements and have been very active as best as they can now than they have been abit, I'd like to see what is to come next, obviously another ip for sure.

I think we are gonna get another announcement around the beginning of May. Tbh, I was not expecting to get the Nightingales announcement as early as we did. I actually want them to wait for them to announce House 3# just for a sec. I always feel like they are rushed to announce all good IP at the beginning of the HHN Announcement Season and not wait until July or August so they can gain hype and Presales which kinda ruins it for me. Especially when you have an IP that's BIG and they just drop it in the Early months, not saying that it's not surprising, but it would be more surprising to do it during later in the Announcement Season, im talking Augustish. Im aware it's harder to have surprises later because the amount of leaks we get that confirm and debunk stuff is crazy. 

I know last year we had IP's announced later but by they got here we already knew they were coming -_-   Im talking about something completely random and exciting. If im oblivious and they have all ready dropped some bombs like I've described please make me a list xD

Speaking of Presales, where are Tickets!? Pretty sure they went on sale last year when ST was announced.

Im gonna call it and say if we are getting an announcement Tuesday next week, it might be Child's play... 

Orion is trying way to hard to make people go see that movie. But who knows......

HHN speculation really kicks you in the ass sometimes.

2 minutes ago, krazyhorrorkid said:

Can't find Single day tickets, not talking about Flex tickets :(

That's the only option available right now. But, you get a night free. So, two nights for $82.

(Non-consecutive, no Saturdays) Forgot those restrictions.

Edited by StupidStupidDan

9 hours ago, krazyhorrorkid said:

I think we are gonna get another announcement around the beginning of May. Tbh, I was not expecting to get the Nightingales announcement as early as we did. I actually want them to wait for them to announce House 3# just for a sec. I always feel like they are rushed to announce all good IP at the beginning of the HHN Announcement Season and not wait until July or August so they can gain hype and Presales which kinda ruins it for me. Especially when you have an IP that's BIG and they just drop it in the Early months, not saying that it's not surprising, but it would be more surprising to do it during later in the Announcement Season, im talking Augustish. Im aware it's harder to have surprises later because the amount of leaks we get that confirm and debunk stuff is crazy. 

I know last year we had IP's announced later but by they got here we already knew they were coming -_-   Im talking about something completely random and exciting. If im oblivious and they have all ready dropped some bombs like I've described please make me a list xD

Speaking of Presales, where are Tickets!? Pretty sure they went on sale last year when ST was announced.

Im gonna call it and say if we are getting an announcement Tuesday next week, it might be Child's play... 

Orion is trying way to hard to make people go see that movie. But who knows......

For those of us who travel for this event, it is very much appreciated that more info is released earlier than later.  Granted, I would go regardless, but not everyone is as HHN geeky as me.   However, it does sometimes affect how many weekends I will travel.  

I will say it again now - I HATE Chucky.. and I'm annoyed that this is a possibility.  Sooooooooooo STUPID.

I'm holding out that glimmer of hope for IT.  I know, I'm stupid.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, hunnylvr said:

I will say it again now - I HATE Chucky.. and I'm annoyed that this is a possibility.  Sooooooooooo STUPID.

What’s he done to you? Chucky is awesome and a lot of fun. And as I recall you didn’t even give him a chance! Child’s play 1 is ok. 2 is brilliant (especially the end in the factory), and 3 has its good parts. After that it gets very silly but that’s part of the charm and why I enjoy it so much. I’d love a Chucky house but only if they do the factory in child’s play 2. There’s a lot of potential there and scope to scare the crap out of everyone. 

Though I will admit the “reboot” looks stupid and awful. I know it’s a plot device, but why would anyone design a toy that can control ALL electronics and market it as it’s main selling point?!?! Looks garbage and even Mark Hamill doing the voice can’t save it 

3 minutes ago, kablue said:

I've seen Ghostbusters mentioned on here a few times now. If it does happen, any idea on if it would be based off the original or the reboot? I hope it would be based off the original.

Pretty much everybody despises the reboot so I honestly don't see them doing anything other than the original as a house.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, USHER6998 said:

stranger things 2 and 3

nightingales

leave it to cleaver

swamp yeti

ghostbusters

house of 1000 corpses

universal monsters

This is the first time I can ever remember reading a supposed leaked list that I'd actually like to see in full at HHN.

This means it is most definitely inaccurate.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

19 hours ago, krazyhorrorkid said:

they already did the same bogo deal. 
  Orion is working with same company who owns the rights to Poltergeist.. 
 IF we do indeed get 2019 chucky house, it will be along with 2 year deal. 
 I feel like we might get classic chucky, but Hollywood would get 2019.

15 hours ago, PeoriaBJJ said:

Swamp Yeti house would be epic. The Sasquatch-o-phile in me would be ecstatic!

Still waiting on that cryptids house MIKE!!!!!! Are you reading this??????

I don't want swamp yeti house. 
 it will have to be a cross over with creature 2008 house.. 

7 hours ago, kablue said:

I've seen Ghostbusters mentioned on here a few times now. If it does happen, any idea on if it would be based off the original or the reboot? I hope it would be based off the original.

If they were to do it, I'd only see them going the original movie route, they are a lot of material that they could work with from both films and Universal can definitely execute them, it's just interesting on having it being a maze, I mean a scarezone it's a definite no-brainer and would work like a charm, as a house, I'd like to see how much they will put into bringing us into the movie and stuff, I'd love it to happen but I'm not holding my breath if its happening or not.

9 hours ago, Drummanmatt said:

What’s he done to you? Chucky is awesome and a lot of fun. And as I recall you didn’t even give him a chance! Child’s play 1 is ok. 2 is brilliant (especially the end in the factory), and 3 has its good parts. After that it gets very silly but that’s part of the charm and why I enjoy it so much. I’d love a Chucky house but only if they do the factory in child’s play 2. There’s a lot of potential there and scope to scare the crap out of everyone. 

Though I will admit the “reboot” looks stupid and awful. I know it’s a plot device, but why would anyone design a toy that can control ALL electronics and market it as it’s main selling point?!?! Looks garbage and even Mark Hamill doing the voice can’t save it 

If you went to HHN 19, Chucky's that year was the only time you'd ever see the factory from Child's Play 2, Chucky was jumping from different boxes and stuff, that house was sorta based on the first five movies I believe, I don't have a good recollection of the house, my brother probably knows it better than me because it was his favorite but that was the only time they did it. After that year, Chucky has only, only been used in scarezones and was used in the terror tram with the titans of terror in 2017 , my thought is because they saved Michael for next year with Halloween 4 or were in the plans of bringing Halloween 2018 but the plans fell through, anyways, I cannot see them giving Chucky another house, unless there's a anniversary for Child's Play or Child's Play 2 then maybe it's in the cards but right now it's pretty much just wishful thinking you know. The Reboot on the other hand, I'm not sure if they'd stomach that idea coming to the event because a lot of people are giving it backlash, I think they'd probably stay away from it, the original was better we all know and that's how it should stay and they would rather look for another property they've been trying to grasp.

• Like 1

There’s a lot of bad blood over the reboot of Chucky. Essentially it was done without the original people’s blessing or involvement. I doubt HHN would want to get in the middle of that and burn some bridges in doing so. 

27 was my first year so didn’t have the pleasure of doing the Chucky house, but if it had the melted Chucky from the end of child’s play 2 I’m gutted. That thing still freaks me out now

• Like 1