Halloween Horror Nights 29 Speculation

Mark M.

1 hour ago, zombieman said:

Jeez, Mysique, if I knew the ins and outs of my job as well as you know your HHN lore, I'd be CEO and not some employee spending way too much company time on HNN.

You have no idea!! It’s not just HHN that fills my brain. I can pull out random information from a variety of fandoms. HP, ASoIaF, DW, some Marvel, Dragonriders of Pern, and Stephen King (of course). That’s just the fandoms. There is other trivia that lives in my brain. There’s, also, a whole other world in there. Characters, cities, countries, a god system, history, mythology, creatures, etc...

Knowledge is my drug. I seek it out wherever and whenever I can. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, zombieman said:

Didn't always used to be that way, but you are correct.  HHN Hollywood used to be a very close second to Orlando, sometimes doing the same property better.  The house quality has just tanked.  I live in LA and last year visited HHN Orlando twice as many nights as Hollywood.

Regarding the use of Jack and Director at HHN, Director was "used" in 2006, but only in advertisement and the Terror Tram video.  The character made zero physical appearances at the event.  Zero.  They had no interest in having an icon, and it was apparent.  Jack, on the other hand, was a focal point in 2007.  I think the crowds liked the character, but not only did he never return to the event, they have used two original clown icon concepts since: Sweet Licks - leader of a group of clowns that prey upon children using an ice cream truck promising free goodies, and Hollywood Harry - a washed up kid show clown living as a hermit in the Hollywood backlot.  Murdy and kids, man....if his marriage ever fails (and hopefully it won't) his wife will have a great claim for sole custody.  And then there's La Llorona, where he depicted drowned children face down in the water. 

The guy's got issues :wacko:

Jeez, Mysique, if I knew the ins and outs of my job as well as you know your HHN lore, I'd be CEO and not some employee spending way too much company time on HNN.

I was a scareactor at that park and we always looked at the walkthroughs of the Orlando event wishing we were there. Yes, I know first-hand that he's got issues. He's got too much of the "rock star" mentality and he wants to be the face of the event, rather than sitting back a little more quietly like Mike, and pulling the strings.

4 hours ago, marc said:

Chucky's not too surprising since we got the Scarezone last year and the new movie's coming this year.

Speaking of which.. it was just announced the first trailer is coming Thursday.

3 hours ago, PeoriaBJJ said:

Would LOVE an IT house.... Chucky can literally f*** himself.

I would totally agree if they keep using giant Chucky people....

Howeva!...

What about an entire house with Chucky dolls operated by puppeteers? Down near your ankles, popping out by your face... personally I hate Chucky too, but what if they do it the way it should be done.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mystiquephreeq said:

You have no idea!! It’s not just HHN that fills my brain. I can pull out random information from a variety of fandoms. HP, ASoIaF, DW, some Marvel, Dragonriders of Pern, and Stephen King (of course). That’s just the fandoms. There is other trivia that lives in my brain. There’s, also, a whole other world in there. Characters, cities, countries, a god system, history, mythology, creatures, etc...

Knowledge is my drug. I seek it out wherever and whenever I can. 

No kidding, the things I learned just speculating last year was crazy 

• Like 1

I’ve seen one survey, it had listed: 

Halloween

The Ring

Gremlins

The Purge

Ghostbusters

Poltergeist

Stranger Things

There were also questions asking what we thought about having an American Horror Story House open during the day in HHN season.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I'm very iffy about It coming to the event but I mean anything could happen with Universal, I mean look at what happened with The Shining, if that wasn't luck, idk what is, I don't see them making the same success as they try with that one, I might have sit that one on the backburner and wait for the Uni camp really start giving us hints and clues towards but I'm not gonna worry about, thinking about Child's Play, after seeing the new full body picture reveal of Chucky and the announcement that trailer is coming Thursday, I wouldn't doubt that Universal might actually bring the little guy back to the park for a maze, never say never. Whatever happens,, happens I guess but I'm not gonna really worry about these two properties if they happen, I hope they deliver, if they don't, there are many other properties that are best fitted for the event in the years to come.

4 minutes ago, HorrorUnearthed said:

I'm very iffy about It coming to the event but I mean anything could happen with Universal, I mean look at what happened with The Shining, if that wasn't luck, idk what is, I don't see them making the same success as they try with that one, I might have sit that one on the backburner and wait for the Uni camp really start giving us hints and clues towards but I'm not gonna worry about, thinking about Child's Play, after seeing the new full body picture reveal of Chucky and the announcement that trailer is coming Thursday, I wouldn't doubt that Universal might actually bring the little guy back to the park for a maze, never say never. Whatever happens,, happens I guess but I'm not gonna really worry about these two properties if they happen, I hope they deliver, if they don't, there are many other properties that are best fitted for the event in the years to come.

The Shining wasn’t luck. It was a loophole, and King tried to stop it and guaranteed he/his name wasn’t connected to it. 

If King has any rights or say in a property, Uni is going to have to work really hard to get him to say yes. He was very, very unhappy them. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Midnight Detective said:

It really doesn't surprise me -

Everyone's been sleeping on Chucky like he doesn't have a movie coming out and there wasnt just a scarezone last year 

Also weirdly enough, last year no one really knew Chucky was coming either

I feel like they just tried to find something as a filler and what better way to bring Chucky, I honestly think they should have put an original scarezone or something there, I mean I don't mind Chucky's show, it was really cool, the Chucky Insult Emporium-est style it had just a bit PG for people to not be too too offended but I think they could have done a bit better with putting something else in that area.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mystiquephreeq said:

The Shining wasn’t luck. It was a loophole, and King tried to stop it and guaranteed he/his name wasn’t connected to it. 

If King has any rights or say in a property, Uni is going to have to work really hard to get him to say yes. He was very, very unhappy them. 

Oh I meant loophole lol, I didn't mean luck, but yeah I've heard that things were not going well on both sides, but it happened and we got it and some people liked it and others were not so into it I guess idk, but it seemed like as good as we were going to get as a maze and I was just so happy to say "I experienced The Shining at HHN" lol, I feel like if they were to bring his properties to the event, they'd definitely have him 100% in the process and notify him about every little thing, pretty much how he is with the films, as long as they show him that he can trust them and everything work out to way he likes his books to be portrayed, I think they'd be on his good side but I can't see IT or his other properties coming to our event asap you know, it'll definitely take some time.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, HorrorUnearthed said:

Also I don't know if anyone had seen IFrit's tweets but these are the two riddle tweets that were posted:

Another riddle four you two se3

The potential of discovery.

A week, today, who really knows

Each year the faucet really slows.

Sounds like Ifrit is saying potentially announcement on Tuesday, but isn’t sure as leaks are getting harder to find to corroborate the info. Or, more likely they are covering their backs in case there is no announcement on Tuesday 

Gremlins? Ghostbuster?? Oh crap. Nothing against anyone who likes these movies, as I do, but neither ideas do anything for me so far as mazes and haunted houses go. Perhaps too kiddy for my personal tastes. All respect to those who feel differently though.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

15 hours ago, Hhnsophmore said:

Stranger things 2 

Halloween

AHS 

Ghostbusters 

Gremlins

Weird.  My source told me the list was:

Walking Dead Season 1

Walking Dead Season 2

Walking Dead Season 3

Walking Dead Season 4

Walking Dead Season 5

Walking Dead Season 6

Walking Dead Season 7

Walking Dead Season 8

Walking Dead Season 9

The Hotwives of Orlando

I really need a new source...

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

6 hours ago, Drummanmatt said:

Sounds like Ifrit is saying potentially announcement on Tuesday, but isn’t sure as leaks are getting harder to find to corroborate the info. Or, more likely they are covering their backs in case there is no announcement on Tuesday 

Well it looks like Universal are on a roll with these announcements and scattering them out at certain times. So far they are doing well and they are actually responding on their twitter and not keeping silent now, and after hearing them "eventually", something could be coming up this month or being of the next.

56 minutes ago, zombieman said:

Weird.  My source told me the list was:

Walking Dead Season 1

Walking Dead Season 2

Walking Dead Season 3

Walking Dead Season 4

Walking Dead Season 5

Walking Dead Season 6

Walking Dead Season 7

Walking Dead Season 8

Walking Dead Season 9

The Hotwives of Orlando

I really need a new source...

The Purge

The Purge: Anarchy

The Purge: Election Year

The First Purge

Look Who's Purging Now (with Tony Toni Tonne!)

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, HorrorUnearthed said:

Also I don't know if anyone had seen IFrit's tweets but these are the two riddle tweets that were posted:

Another riddle four you two se3

The potential of discovery.

A week, today, who really knows

Each year the faucet really slows.

So possibly another house announcement this week?

18 hours ago, Hhnsophmore said:

Stranger things 2 

Halloween

AHS 

Ghostbusters 

Gremlins

With the announcement of Stranger Things being both seasons 2 and 3, would that disprove this possible list? Or would that just be considered a technicality and the list still be the IPs coming this year?