Halloween Horror Nights 29 Speculation

Mark M.

I feel like Hollywood wacky and crazy mazes are usually high lights of the event. 
 Orlando get the best of hollywood and via versa.. 
 I would like to get holidayz street or a street in Orlando that tied into with whole event like 2009, or 2008. 
 I keep on forgetting that they won't do over arching themes again. 

• Like 1

After watching it tonight, it makes sorta confused how Universal missed an opportunity last year to do a Day Of The Dead or Dawn Of The Dead maze as a Romero tribute, both films were definitely cult classic in Romero's Dead Trilogy, it would have been just perfect to see one of those films being recreated for the event, it would be great for diehard zombie fans and really cool zombie maze for many horror night fans, even though we got Dead Exposure: PZ which was ultimately an awesome zombie maze, still hope for a Romero-Tribute maze in the future. 

1 hour ago, littlegreenghouls said:

I feel like Hollywood wacky and crazy mazes are usually high lights of the event. 
 Orlando get the best of hollywood and via versa.. 
 I would like to get holidayz street or a street in Orlando that tied into with whole event like 2009, or 2008. 
 I keep on forgetting that they won't do over arching themes again. 

They are for sure, and yeah when it comes to the ips and stuff both do a really good job, like how we got La Llorana back at 23, an awesome maze, I must have gone through that house more times than I did in Afterlife, I would honestly see Orlando wanting to do something along the lines of it, I don't think they wanna take from Hollywood like that, I would love to see them come up with something like it but I don't see them bringing Holidayz In Hell to our event, I think Hollywood would want to be more exclusive with some of their properties, not saying Orlando hasn't been that way either, Hollywood deserves more opportunities for originals but of course Murdy is against it and would only want to do Ips, regardless though, the concept for the maze and the ending scarezone for their event seems really killer, I mean there are a lot of mixed views but until we see in action we can't bash it and with the info Murdy put on twitter, it sounds really cool, I do hope for H.R. Bloodengutz but I wouldn't want Universal to rush into the idea and make mistakes, I would like to see them gradually make the maze into something very impactfully scary and awesome and funny as they did with it's first one at 21, fingers crossed for one of these years to come.

14 hours ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

As I've said, a good backstory for this would either be his ghost becoming a demi-god of sorts and haunting the old studio (like Gabriel from Supernatural), or him and other inmates escaping and holding a TV studio hostage.

He’s still in Hellgate. He just never had control of the remote. Since the only thing the inmates wanted to watch was reality TV, that becomes his new obsession.

There’s a riot... inmates escape... blah blah blah... they start torturing the guards with twisted recreations of their favorite shows.

It’s 80% done in my head.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, Legacy said:

He’s still in Hellgate. He just never had control of the remote. Since the only thing the inmates wanted to watch was reality TV, that becomes his new obsession.

There’s a riot... inmates escape... blah blah blah... they start torturing the guards with twisted recreations of their favorite shows.

Is it canon that he went to Hellgate?

3 hours ago, Legacy said:

Not sure he was sent to Hellgate. Last we heard he was in the criminal holding area of Carey Memorial Hospital. 

http://www.hhnyearbook.com/2013/10/legendarytruth-the-collective-channel-surfing-2/

• Like 1

13 hours ago, HorrorUnearthed said:

This is what Murdy said on twitter today about the maze, more information: 

"Every year, a number of days in the calendar are set aside where people can take a break from the rigors and routines of their daily lives and gather together with friends, family and loved ones to partake in the comforting traditions of the season...But this year, something has gone horribly wrong and the holidays have, quite literally...gone to Hell! Welcome to Holidayz In Hell, a Halloween Horror Nights original maze that will take you on a terrifying trip through a series of psychotic seasonal celebrations..."

New Year's Day - Step inside a nightmare nursery where a frightening Father Time is ready to bestow his bestial blessing on the New Year's Baby...!

Valentine's Day - Take a one-way ride down The Tunnel Of Love, where a crazed Cupid is looking for a heart to break...or a heart to take!

Saint Patrick's Day - Journey to the rainbow's end, where a lecherous Leprechaun deals out brutal punishments to anyone who attempts to steal his gold!

Easter - Hop over to your local shopping wall, where a putrid Peter Cotton-Tail is terrorizing the tiny tots.

The Fourth Of July - Stop off at a roadside fireworks stand, where an unhinged Uncle Sam is waiting to teach you a valuable lesson about fireworks safety!

Halloween - Visit a surreal pumpkin patch, where some jacked up Jack-O-Lanterns are ready to treat you to a trick of their own! 

Thanksgiving - Settle down to a frightful feast, where some treacherous turkeys are about to turn the tables on an unsuspecting family. 

Christmas - Wander through a crazy Christmas tree lot, where a sick Santa is using the human body parts of his victims for his decadent decorations! 

Your creepy crawl through the year's calendar ends with a truly shocking, special scarezone designed to fill your rapidly beating heart with Holiday fear! After all, in our world...everyday is Halloween! 

In all honesty, Hollywood rather more or less do ips, they will try to their hand at doing certain things with original feels but they are based on their backlot you know, which is nothing wrong, they have many opportunities with Ips than having to make originals, whereas ours we have better chances and better executions, ips aside you know what I mean, it goes back to when we have had icons, Hollywood has only 2 icons, Director and Jack, and Murdy has stated and he doesn't like an icon taking over the event, the event is it's own thing for Hollywood which again is understandable. 

And that, I believe, is why their event pales in comparison to ours. There's no originality or creativity. It's a display of stuff instead of being its own living, breathing, thing.

• Like 3

On 4/14/2019 at 4:38 PM, OhHaiInternet95 said:

Thinking he might've been notified that he couldn't.

Actually, no one really responded beyond the couple in this thread.. I just forgot I had posted this (work and life have been crazy lately)..

Anyway.. I have it from what I would consider a pretty damn good source that 2 of the IP's will be    'IT' and 'Chucky'.

I haven't followed HHN 29 news/rumors super close yet this year (beyond the official announcements) so I don't know how much those have been speculated on, but .. Well, there it is..     I can't give any details on the source because it would compromise multiple people (and jobs!)..     I'm good with an IT house... just so-so on Chucky..    

not looking for fame or fortune for supplying the info.. Just sharing what I know and hoping it's good news for someone.. 

Edited by TTARider
  • Like 6

3 minutes ago, TTARider said:

Actually, no one really responded beyond the couple in this thread.. I just forgot I had posted this (work and life have been crazy lately)..

Anyway.. I have it from what I would consider a pretty damn good source that 2 of the IP's will be    'IT' and 'Chucky'.

I haven't followed HHN 29 news/rumors super close yet this year (beyond the official announcements) so I don't know how much those have been speculated on, but .. Well, there it is..     I can't give any details on the source because it would compromise multiple people (and jobs!)..     I'm good with an IT house... just so-so on Chucky..    

Glad you responded. That said, I'll believe "It" when I see "It." ;)

(Not meaning to be rude. It's just that my skepticism is through the roof after last year's spec, when It was a "sure thing." I was also looking through the AHS v2 thread on IU recently, and insiders saying that barring major events, AHS would be back at 28. Well, major events happened alright.)

Edited by OhHaiInternet95
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, TTARider said:

while i am doubtful, if this is true, im gonna bye some tickets.

16 hours ago, Ringwraith said:

I may be alone in thinking this, but the Hollywood event deserves better than what they get every year. They dress things up to look and feel original, but they're not and there's always a ton of buildup for not much of a payoff, when it comes to the content. The scarectors are amazing and they too deserve better environments to scare in. It makes me feel that much more lucky to live in Orlando and attend the event they've built here.

Didn't always used to be that way, but you are correct.  HHN Hollywood used to be a very close second to Orlando, sometimes doing the same property better.  The house quality has just tanked.  I live in LA and last year visited HHN Orlando twice as many nights as Hollywood.

Regarding the use of Jack and Director at HHN, Director was "used" in 2006, but only in advertisement and the Terror Tram video.  The character made zero physical appearances at the event.  Zero.  They had no interest in having an icon, and it was apparent.  Jack, on the other hand, was a focal point in 2007.  I think the crowds liked the character, but not only did he never return to the event, they have used two original clown icon concepts since: Sweet Licks - leader of a group of clowns that prey upon children using an ice cream truck promising free goodies, and Hollywood Harry - a washed up kid show clown living as a hermit in the Hollywood backlot.  Murdy and kids, man....if his marriage ever fails (and hopefully it won't) his wife will have a great claim for sole custody.  And then there's La Llorona, where he depicted drowned children face down in the water. 

The guy's got issues :wacko:

2 hours ago, mystiquephreeq said:

Not sure he was sent to Hellgate. Last we heard he was in the criminal holding area of Carey Memorial Hospital. 

http://www.hhnyearbook.com/2013/10/legendarytruth-the-collective-channel-surfing-2/

Jeez, Mysique, if I knew the ins and outs of my job as well as you know your HHN lore, I'd be CEO and not some employee spending way too much company time on HNN.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

23 minutes ago, zombieman said:

Well, I don't know the full mechanics of the doll, but you may know more than we do... :)

Let's keep it civil.

I really dont want to get into the in and outs of of it....

bc I hate Chucky. If I havent made that clear :D

Now a Gremlins house would be pretty awesome. No chatter of that though right?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, themazethinker said:

wb horror made here ain't coming back this year.

But it probably is next year. Doesn't mean that they will or won't be licensing out properties for 29, just laying it out there.

Also, there's been a ton of work going on for 29 since last August, and the HMH info just came into public knowledge recently. Uni may have known earlier, but who knows if it would have been early enough.

2 hours ago, TTARider said:

not looking for fame or fortune for supplying the info.. Just sharing what I know and hoping it's good news for someone.. 

It really doesn't surprise me -

Everyone's been sleeping on Chucky like he doesn't have a movie coming out and there wasnt just a scarezone last year 

Also weirdly enough, last year no one really knew Chucky was coming either

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, StupidStupidDan said:

But it probably is next year. Doesn't mean that they will or won't be licensing out properties for 29, just laying it out there.

Also, there's been a ton of work going on for 29 since last August, and the HMH info just came into public knowledge recently. Uni may have known earlier, but who knows if it would have been early enough.

They had lost access to WB's properties by Christmas 2017, IIRC. We didn't really figure that out until around this time last year.

Edited by OhHaiInternet95
  • Like 1