Halloween Horror Nights 29 Speculation

Mark M.

Hey everyone. I have been visiting this site everyday day for a couple years, but never made an account because I felt like I didn't have anything to contribute to the speculation. I finally made an account the other day. The first year I attended HHN was HHN 21. I had no idea what to expect going into it, but one of the houses that stood out to me the most my first year going was Nightingales. I'm so excited it's getting a second house!

• Like 6

23 minutes ago, kablue said:

Hey everyone. I have been visiting this site everyday day for a couple years, but never made an account because I felt like I didn't have anything to contribute to the speculation. I finally made an account the other day. The first year I attended HHN was HHN 21. I had no idea what to expect going into it, but one of the houses that stood out to me the most my first year going was Nightingales. I'm so excited it's getting a second house!

Welcome to the Horror!!

And...

No one knows anything anymore!!! 

Proceed with mass hysteria and the wildest of wildest specs!

I should probably get more sleep...

EDIT: please don’t actually go completely crazy! My brain can’t take it. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, HHN Pro 2 said:

So will the announcement on Sunday during Monsterpalooza be a shared-IP between Orlando and Hollywood?

highly unlikely, I think they would like to slide into ip for cons or national world stage. 
 but last two con stages they didn't offer anything new.  
 Maybe they might change because they start earlier. 

I think both usa parks same time frame.

What a wonderful treat, I am so beyond excited for this house. It'll make waiting for my HHN trip that much harder. But after this and Dead Exposure last year it just makes me that much more optimistic that my favorites will one day get their sequel. (please Gothic!)

• Like 3

Do we still have any idea whether there will be an Icon or not? I remember Usher was heavily rumored, especially after the sign that appeared in Carnival Graveyard on the last night, plus the Leave It 2 Cleaver leak getting taken down. And if not him, maybe Lady Luck could be returning since we're getting Nightingales back?

2 hours ago, HHN Pro 2 said:

Do we still have any idea whether there will be an Icon or not? I remember Usher was heavily rumored, especially after the sign that appeared in Carnival Graveyard on the last night, plus the Leave It 2 Cleaver leak getting taken down. And if not him, maybe Lady Luck could be returning since we're getting Nightingales back?

Y'know, if the website's reveal board is any indicator, an Usher-hosted mashup house like his first one would kinda fit the bill as our "6th" IP house while still having some original content as a wraparound too... :unsure:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, FaceBagman said:

Y'know, if the website's reveal board is any indicator, an Usher-hosted mashup house like his first one would kinda fit the bill as our "6th" IP house while still having some original content as a wraparound too... :unsure:

Highly doubt we see Usher this year, but yeah, an IP mashup in an original form would be a nice compromise.

• Sad 2

An article out of West Palm Beach entitled "Changes Coming to Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Orlando Resort.  Link

"Past themes of the various houses have been based on classic horror movies like Poltergeist or the Netflix series Stranger Things (which is coming back this year). But what's new is the resort is going to have its first original content haunted house called "Nightingales: Blood Pit."

Go home WPTV, you're drunk.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, HHN Pro 2 said:

Will Soundstage 25 be used again this year? Or are they going back to Soundstage 21?

Maybe, depending on Dave School's and the ip's demands or the requests from higher up creative ideas. 
I think it could be used. 
  last time it was used was 24? 
 I think once ever so often. 
 I can't remember the other time that we used that ss 25? I think in ioa golden age. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, littlegreenghouls said:

Maybe, depending on Dave School's and the ip's demands or the requests from higher up creative ideas. 
I think it could be used. 
  last time it was used was 24? 
 I think once ever so often. 
 I can't remember the other time that we used that ss 25? I think in ioa golden age. 

25 has been used twice.

The Walking Dead: End of the Line (2014)
Poltergeist (2018)

We have all the house and street locations listed on the blog: 

https://www.horrornightnightmares.com/hallowd-past-houses/

https://www.horrornightnightmares.com/hallowd-past-streets/

9 hours ago, Ringwraith said:

An article out of West Palm Beach entitled "Changes Coming to Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Orlando Resort.  Link

"Past themes of the various houses have been based on classic horror movies like Poltergeist or the Netflix series Stranger Things (which is coming back this year). But what's new is the resort is going to have its first original content haunted house called "Nightingales: Blood Pit."

Go home WPTV, you're drunk.

Fake news

Speaking of IPs

Could we have a thread where everyone posts their favorite horror movies or recommendations? I'm relatively horror movie illiterate as far as the entirety of the genre goes and end up watching a bunch of new films before HHN. Its resulting in me seeing lots of new films that blew me away (Texas Chainsaw Massacre) but I also don't see some (Poltergeist), watch them 3 years later and wish I had seen them ahead of time.

Also books

3 hours ago, Midnight Detective said:

Speaking of IPs

Could we have a thread where everyone posts their favorite horror movies or recommendations? I'm relatively horror movie illiterate as far as the entirety of the genre goes and end up watching a bunch of new films before HHN. Its resulting in me seeing lots of new films that blew me away (Texas Chainsaw Massacre) but I also don't see some (Poltergeist), watch them 3 years later and wish I had seen them ahead of time.

Also books

Recent ones: Us (still in theaters though), Get Out, Hereditary, The Witch

Classics: House On Haunted Hill, House Of Wax, Suspiria, The Lost Boys :) , Black Christmas, When A Stranger Calls. Originals for all those, accept The Lost Boys cause that wasn’t remade yet* (the CW version is coming though). 

Random ones that bother me: Session 9, Shutter (the original), Audition, A Tale Of Two Sisters (original), When A Stranger Calls Back (the beginning of this one is super unsettling), The Others 

I tried to pick movies that are more easily available on Comcast, Netflix, Amazon Prime, etc. but I’ll edit if I think of anything else. 

Edit: HOWWW could I forget Jennifer’s Body?!?!?! And Teeth?!?

Edited by DraculaTeeth
  • Thanks 1