Halloween Horror Nights 29 Speculation

Mark M.

6 hours ago, HHN Pro 2 said:

Alright, someone made a serious speculation map.

Houses

Stranger Things - Soundstage 22

Slaughter Sinema: Director's Cut - Soundstage 24B

Dead Waters: Black Tide - Soundstage 24A

The Haunting of Hill House - Soundstage 25

Halloween - Tent 3

Killer Klownz from Outer Space 3D - Sprung Tent 2

Frostbite - Sprung Tent 1

Seeds of Survival - New Parade Building

The World's End - Parade Building

The Four Horsemen: Reign of Terror - Shrek 4D Theater 2

Scare Zones

The Gateway - Plaza of the Stars

Vamp 2K - New York

Zombies!!! - South Street

The Simpsons: Treehouse of Horror - Springfield

Silent Hill - Central Park

Classic Monsters - Hollywood

Show

Academy of Villains

I know the apocalypse is supposed to be clad in leather, but that isn’t why this year’s event received the nickname I gave it. 

The map is cute, but very wishful thinking. Locations aren’t very well thought out. A house called Frostbite wouldn’t go into a location that isn’t thoroughly climate controlled. The tents can’t produce the necessary temperature. KKFOS would need to be in a soundstage. While derivative IPs have happened in the same year, derivative originals are less likely. 

1 hour ago, HHN Pro 2 said:

Oh right. They said on the map it could be an End of the World theme.

If I can easily produce four non-derivative originals to cover the Four Horsemen while producing an end of the world theme, I’m sure A&D can. 

Pestilence - Plague doctors

Famine - Scarecrows

War - Nightingales

Death - Body Collectors

• Like 6

1 hour ago, marc said:

I know it’s highly unlikely, but I will be so happy if Treehouse of Horror happens. Plus haven’t the press releases already confirmed 5 scarezones? That list has 6. 

Simpsons has be an unofficial scarezone for the last few years with a roaming horde located there. That’s probably why it was included on that spec map. 

You are correct, though. 5 zones is the confirmed number. Simpson’s may have another roaming horde, but an actual Treehouse of Horror overlay wouldn’t be considered an unofficial scarezone. 

Zombies on South Street could fall into the roaming horde category. Silent Hill is another one that is improperly located. It was probably chosen for atmospheric reasons, but NY would be a better location for a popular fog filled SZ and would allow for 3D projections on the buildings. Not to mention, Pyramid-head would need to be a stilt character and would draw tons of photo-ops. NY just provides more space for that. 

• Like 3

This will probably merge so caplocks:

HORROR MADE HERE IS NOT HAPPENING IN 2019. 

Murdy’s tweet about a surprise pitch is officially far more intriguing than before. It happened the same day as Mike’s tweet about a successful pitch. 

Now...everyone remind me to be cynical. Cause my inner King fangirl is trying to freaking claw her way to the top. 

• Like 5

Click

So apparently WB is not doing their own Halloween event this year. What could this possibly mean?!

5 minutes ago, mystiquephreeq said:

Murdy’s tweet about a surprise pitch is officially far more intriguing than before. It happened the same day as Mike’s tweet about a successful pitch. 

Now...everyone remind me to be cynical. Cause my inner King fangirl is trying to freaking claw her way to the top. 

Beat me to it by a minute! 

No need to be cynical B)

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Ringwraith said:

Click

So apparently WB is not doing their own Halloween event this year. What could this possibly mean?!

Beat me to it by a minute! 

No need to be cynical B)

Do not encourage her!! She is already making me hyperventilate!!!

Mike’s tweet from Friday: 

Murdy tweet from Friday:

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, mystiquephreeq said:

Hmmmm.....  

What could IT mean?

I honestly have no idea...

• Like 4
  • Love 1

No. Stop this. I can't get excited for this two years in a row before proof.  Who would Murdy be meeting with that he was a huge fan of growing up? Unless he's having tea with Mr. King, I'm not sure who that would be. 

I'd like this too much to be true. 

It's probably The Mule. Meeting with Eastwood about The Mule. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 4/8/2019 at 2:26 PM, HHN Pro 2 said:

Houses

Halloween - Tent 3

Scare Zones

Vamp 2K - New York

Show

Academy of Villains

This reads like a fan-made event and not actual speculation.

• Like 7

6 hours ago, mystiquephreeq said:

I'll help: it sounds like they might be doing a permanent attraction, and they decided to announce this after HHN had all its properties locked in.

Then again, you did say you know something we don't.

Edited by OhHaiInternet95
  • Like 2

Well in my mind this points to 1 of 2 conclusions:

1. They’ve secured a property for HHN29, which will likely replace an original. Hard to get out of a signed contract to use an IP, and do they want to cause problems with IP owners for the future? If this is the case then could be a WB property given the Horror Made Here announcement for this year. Obvious guess would be IT, especially as I recall last year the maze pretty much being designed before WB pulled the plug. 

2. They’ve secured a huge property for HHN30 (more likely in my mind). Unlikely to be WB property (but never say never), so would be interesting to think what it could be. 

It must be a big deal for both Mike and Murdy to comment about it, so excited to see what come of it

• Like 3

6 hours ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

I'll help: it sounds like they might be doing a permanent attraction, and they decided to announce this after HHN had all its properties locked in.

Then again, you did say you know something we don't.

I think it could be that, but why would they brag about getting for the event only? 
 I mean they always looking for new things to replace stuff in the park or for the new park. 

With the news of WB rethinking the horror made here brand. I feel like they barely broke even. 
 I think they are awaiting the box offices flops or success to see if the market is ready. 
 I thought they had success. 
 I think they are lending the rights this year to see how HHN does a haunt maze/house. 
 I mean it's a hard market of haunted attractions.  

I am shocked that HHN hasn't used this sound in their park  score... For Whom the Bell Tolls" de Steve Baker y Carmen Daye

• Like 2

As much as I love IT personally I don’t see HHN needing it this year. I feel like if anything they will try to get the conjuring while it is still popular enough to bring in crowds. I feel like IT is timeless and they can use it anytime WB isn’t using it (if they even ever do horror made here again) I do think that if they have to cut a house this year to bring a WB property over it will be ghostbusters since they can practically use that whenever. 

• Like 1

On 4/8/2019 at 3:26 PM, HHN Pro 2 said:

Houses

Halloween - Tent 3

Scare Zones

Vamp 2K - New York

Show

Academy of Villains

i was REALLY hoping for a 15th anniversary shaun of the dead house but im more than pleased with the world's end even being on a spec map. another person of culture, i see! 

also, are we still anticipating an announcement today or tomorrow? or has that been pushed back?

18 minutes ago, terracruentus said:

i was REALLY hoping for a 15th anniversary shaun of the dead house but im more than pleased with the world's end even being on a spec map. another person of culture, i see! 

also, are we still anticipating an announcement today or tomorrow? or has that been pushed back?

I'm pretty sure that they've clamped down on leakers this year, so I doubt even Legacy knows. Could be wrong, though.

I would expect them to announce something by the end of the month, but they seem to take a bit longer to announce houses on odd years, for whatever reason.

11 hours ago, Drummanmatt said:

Well in my mind this points to 1 of 2 conclusions:

1. They’ve secured a property for HHN29, which will likely replace an original. Hard to get out of a signed contract to use an IP, and do they want to cause problems with IP owners for the future? If this is the case then could be a WB property given the Horror Made Here announcement for this year. Obvious guess would be IT, especially as I recall last year the maze pretty much being designed before WB pulled the plug. 

2. They’ve secured a huge property for HHN30 (more likely in my mind). Unlikely to be WB property (but never say never), so would be interesting to think what it could be. 

It must be a big deal for both Mike and Murdy to comment about it, so excited to see what come of it

Conclusion #3

Universal asked what WB's operational costs and profits were during last year's event. They gave them that money times 10 to use their properties. WB closed up shop for 2019's event and said...yeah...we're good.

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, Ringwraith said:

Conclusion #3

Universal asked what WB's operational costs and profits were during last year's event. They gave them that money times 10 to use their properties. WB closed up shop for 2019's event and said...yeah...we're good.

So this is just for one year where Uni might be allowed to use WB properties?

If they were able to land a white whale like Conjuring or It, they better have as many rides open as possible--and sadly, they're going to have to make prices astronomical. Because otherwise, the crowds would make last year's crowds look like a local haunt. Could be much ado about nothing of course--member two months back when Alien was being teased for about a day?

• Like 1