Halloween Horror Nights 29 Speculation

Mark M.

ok, so i'm caught up with the most recent speculation. here's something i'd like to ask: do you think the devil's rejects and 3 from hell (despite us knowing next to nothing about it) would have enough house material to have them combined into the rumored house of 1000 corpses? perhaps a firefly saga house can be efficient. i'm a bad horror fan in that i have yet to watch rejects but i feel like a "mega" house telling their cohesive story would be interesting.

• Like 1

Since everybody seems to complain bout HHN being family friendly anymore I had this idea. What if HHN gave a rating to each house like stranger things would be pg-13 house while a property like saw would get a R rating? 

45 minutes ago, terracruentus said:

ok, so i'm caught up with the most recent speculation. here's something i'd like to ask: do you think the devil's rejects and 3 from hell (despite us knowing next to nothing about it) would have enough house material to have them combined into the rumored house of 1000 corpses? perhaps a firefly saga house can be efficient. i'm a bad horror fan in that i have yet to watch rejects but i feel like a "mega" house telling their cohesive story would be interesting.

I have only seen house of 1000 corpses and as much as I love that film I don’t think we need a mega house for the property. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, USHER6998 said:

Since everybody seems to complain bout HHN being family friendly anymore I had this idea. What if HHN gave a rating to each house like stranger things would be pg-13 house while a property like saw would get a R rating? 

I have only seen house of 1000 corpses and as much as I love that film I don’t think we need a mega house for the property. 

I don't see it as a mega house but I can see them putting it somewhere in the back and having the facade be Captain Spaulding's gasoline station and going into the museum of monsters and madmen murder ride and so forth, I don't see it being as different as Hollywoods' take on the ip.

• Love 1

5 minutes ago, HorrorUnearthed said:

I don't see it as a mega house but I can see them putting it somewhere in the back and having the facade be Captain Spaulding's gasoline station and going into the museum of monsters and madmen murder ride and so forth, I don't see it being as different as Hollywoods' take on the ip.

Honestly that’s all I want from the house!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, terracruentus said:

I feel like they might do House of 1000 Corpses by itself and promoting Three From Hell, but The Devil's Rejects they have a lot of material to work, starting out with the beginning of the film of the Firefly Family's house being shot at and officers at every corner and then enter in the house where the Firefly attack from every corner, it'd be really cool to see it, I experienced the house at Rob's event and it was really cool, the scareactors did a tremendous job, going through the house and then into Spaulding's just following the Firefly's footsteps to the hotel and then Uncle Charlie's place, there was a lot of material he added to that maze, but I could see both The Devil's Rejects and Three From Hell be combined with Three From Hell being a teaser part since the movie will come out to explain the scenes you know. I don't see it being a megahouse, I could see it being one of the mazes in the back, if they start out with Devil Reject's house I would love to see them recreate the facade of the home like it did at Rob's event and have the cops next to one of Ruggsville police car and acting as if they are shooting at the house or something, to get us excited and immersed into the world of the firefly family

15 minutes ago, USHER6998 said:

Honestly that’s all I want from the house!

The difference I think that will be better is that hopefully, ours will not be having the 3D Zombie -O-Vision lol, I'd like to see it without having to wear glasses and stuff because the house will definitely look awesome, here's an image of what it looked like Robs' event 

Rob Zombie's Great American Nightmare

not my image, from Inside The Magic but it looked so cool, the house was very graphic than Universal, so I could see them not trying anything that was featured at the one at robs' event and just the scenes from Hollywoods which is still cool too. 

fireflyhouse.jpg

The Devil's Rejects facade looked like this, it looked really cool, we entered through the side of the house and from there, I just fell in love with this house, hopefully, someone filmed a walkthrough into this house because they definitely had strict no filming or photography at the event. I remembered trying to take a picture of Heidi in front of the Lords of Salem facade and was told to put my phone away and I was sorta bummed but totally understand, you don't wanna ruin the mood for yourself in houses like these. 

7 hours ago, HorrorUnearthed said:

The difference I think that will be better is that hopefully, ours will not be having the 3D Zombie -O-Vision lol, I'd like to see it without having to wear glasses and stuff because the house will definitely look awesome, here's an image of what it looked like Robs' event 

Rob Zombie's Great American Nightmare

not my image, from Inside The Magic but it looked so cool, the house was very graphic than Universal, so I could see them not trying anything that was featured at the one at robs' event and just the scenes from Hollywoods which is still cool too. 

fireflyhouse.jpg

The Devil's Rejects facade looked like this, it looked really cool, we entered through the side of the house and from there, I just fell in love with this house, hopefully, someone filmed a walkthrough into this house because they definitely had strict no filming or photography at the event. I remembered trying to take a picture of Heidi in front of the Lords of Salem facade and was told to put my phone away and I was sorta bummed but totally understand, you don't wanna ruin the mood for yourself in houses like these. 

Oh wow those facades are incredible!!

This may be the wrong place to ask but does anybody have any info on what it’s like being a scare actor? If they work around other schedules? I’ll  be in the DCP soon but I would love the opportunity to work in a large scale haunt like this!

• Like 5

Someone made this map as an April Fools joke.

Houses

Cold Blind Terror - Soundstage 21

Stranger Things - Soundstage 22

Urban Legends: Japan - Soundstage 24B

Reflections of Fear II - Soundstage 24A

Metallica: The End is Never - Tent 3

Doctor Strange - Sprung Tent 2

Black Sheep - Sprung Tent 1

Tucker & Dale Vs. Evil - New Parade Building

The Howling - Parade Building

Ghostwatch - Shrek 4D Theater 2

Scare Zones

The Purge - Plaza of the Stars

C.H.U.D. - New York

Lovecraft - South Street

The Legend of Doctor Moreau - Central Park

The Toxic Avenger - Hollywood

Show

Jabb-Awoc-Keez

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, USHER6998 said:

Oh wow those facades are incredible!!

This may be the wrong place to ask but does anybody have any info on what it’s like being a scare actor? If they work around other schedules? I’ll  be in the DCP soon but I would love the opportunity to work in a large scale haunt like this!

It's  hit or miss with scheduling. If you ask for too many days off then you won't get hired.  If you are hired and work a morning job try to get cast for street cast a. You would only be working  from 6pm till 11pm 
 but I heard numerous of people weren't getting off from disney to work hhn. so best of luck.

11 hours ago, USHER6998 said:

@Legacy I know you mentioned you have not heard anything to 100% Confirm LITC2 but I was wondering if you have info on all 10 houses or just certain ones atm?

Stranger Things is the only house I've gotten 100% confirmed this year.

• Like 1

On 4/6/2019 at 10:16 AM, Spaulding said:

HHN29: The Year of Head 

Now I'm 100% coming... to the event.

On 4/6/2019 at 10:59 PM, USHER6998 said:

Also I just watched pumpkinhead and am I missing something? The monster is cool and all but I don’t see how it could translate well into a house?

-scene of Pumpkinhead coming into the backlit church with the cross in the background.

-scene where he is pushing the head of the dead girl up against the window.

-scene from Razorback Hollow where Lance is diggin up baby Pumpkinhead.

-Hagis the witches house

-scene where pumpkinghead is stabbing the guy and holding him up with the rifle.

-Pumkinhead up in the tree.

-flamethrower scene.

Shit throw in a dead kid and you have an awesome house. You dont have to thank me for totally convincing you!!! LOL

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, PeoriaBJJ said:

Now I'm 100% coming... to the event.

-scene of Pumpkinhead coming into the backlit church with the cross in the background.

-scene where he is pushing the head of the dead girl up against the window.

-scene from Razorback Hollow where Lance is diggin up baby Pumpkinhead.

-Hagis the witches house

-scene where pumpkinghead is stabbing the guy and holding him up with the rifle.

-Pumkinhead up in the tree.

-flamethrower scene.

Shit throw in a dead kid and you have an awesome house. You dont have to thank me for totally convincing you!!! LOL

To be honest I am kind of hoping they add a little of the second movie as well like when the last victim opens his door and sees the blood wings everywhere and pumpkinhead is right there! Also I think those scenes would be great but I’m just concerned it’s gonna be like stranger things and have pumpkin head literally every where. 

1 hour ago, Legacy said:

Stranger Things is the only house I've gotten 100% confirmed this year.

So you are like us and trying to piece everything together you just have a few slight more hints then the rest of us?

On 4/6/2019 at 7:26 AM, Ringwraith said:

I don't know...

Pinhead and Pumpkinhead might make the event sound like a comedy sketch.

Confirmed: AOV has been replaced with Pinhead & Pumpkinhead's Excellent Halloween Adventure.

• Like 1

On 4/6/2019 at 9:55 PM, USHER6998 said:

Good idea in concept, but it would be horrible as we’d end up seeing a lot of censoring of ideas to make some quota of how many houses of each eating are needed.

On 4/7/2019 at 11:03 AM, HHN Pro 2 said:

Someone made this map as an April Fools joke.

Houses

Cold Blind Terror - Soundstage 21

Urban Legends: Japan - Soundstage 24B

Reflections of Fear II - Soundstage 24A

Metallica: The End is Never - Tent 3

Doctor Strange - Sprung Tent 2

Black Sheep - Sprung Tent 1

Tucker & Dale Vs. Evil - New Parade Building

The Howling - Parade Building

Ghostwatch - Shrek 4D Theater 2

Scare Zones

The Purge - Plaza of the Stars

C.H.U.D. - New York

Lovecraft - South Street

The Legend of Doctor Moreau - Central Park

The Toxic Avenger - Hollywood

Show

Jabb-Awoc-Keez

Toxic Avenger could be really fun.

• Like 1

On 4/7/2019 at 8:48 AM, USHER6998 said:

Been mostly lurking on this site but wanted to reply to this.

With HHN casting you can be cast as a Reserve and work the event more causally, only a few nights a week. Last year Reserves I believe had to work 10 specific event nights and could work more if they wanted but didn't have to, this is nice if you want to try out different roles, have other obligations and can't work HHN 40+ hours a week, it's intense so you have to be mentally and physically prepared for that. You can be hard-cast which can happen either during auditions or during the event if someone drops out of a hard-cast role (hard-cast means your a specific character for the entire event and work the event every single night). You don't get out until 1 or 2am most nights (especially during the second half of the event when it tends to run later), last year with the ST house I believe those casts were there until 3 or 4am some nights due to the long lines. You're in-time is around 5pm, depending on what cast you're on. If you request too many days off and go to audition they will either stick you in Reserve or not hire you at all. If you want to be hard-cast (assuming they have a role they feel you'd be perfect for) then you need almost full availability (the less time off you request the better).

I hope you get to do it, it's an absolute blast and something I think everyone who loves the event should try and do at least once.

Alright, someone made a serious speculation map.

Houses

Slaughter Sinema: Director's Cut - Soundstage 24B

Dead Waters: Black Tide - Soundstage 24A

The Haunting of Hill House - Soundstage 25

Halloween - Tent 3

Killer Klownz from Outer Space 3D - Sprung Tent 2

Frostbite - Sprung Tent 1

Seeds of Survival - New Parade Building

The World's End - Parade Building

The Four Horsemen: Reign of Terror - Shrek 4D Theater 2

Scare Zones

The Gateway - Plaza of the Stars

Vamp 2K - New York

Zombies!!! - South Street

The Simpsons: Treehouse of Horror - Springfield

Silent Hill - Central Park

Classic Monsters - Hollywood

Show

Academy of Villains

• Like 3
  • Love 1

51 minutes ago, Kadath said:

Been mostly lurking on this site but wanted to reply to this.

With HHN casting you can be cast as a Reserve and work the event more causally, only a few nights a week. Last year Reserves I believe had to work 10 specific event nights and could work more if they wanted but didn't have to, this is nice if you want to try out different roles, have other obligations and can't work HHN 40+ hours a week, it's intense so you have to be mentally and physically prepared for that. You can be hard-cast which can happen either during auditions or during the event if someone drops out of a hard-cast role (hard-cast means your a specific character for the entire event and work the event every single night). You don't get out until 1 or 2am most nights (especially during the second half of the event when it tends to run later), last year with the ST house I believe those casts were there until 3 or 4am some nights due to the long lines. You're in-time is around 5pm, depending on what cast you're on. If you request too many days off and go to audition they will either stick you in Reserve or not hire you at all. If you want to be hard-cast (assuming they have a role they feel you'd be perfect for) then you need almost full availability (the less time off you request the better).

I hope you get to do it, it's an absolute blast and something I think everyone who loves the event should try and do at least once.

Thank you this was really helpful!

50 minutes ago, HHN Pro 2 said:

Houses

Halloween - Tent 3

Scare Zones

Vamp 2K - New York

Show

Academy of Villains

I love a lot of this but there’s also a lot of repeats

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HHN Pro 2 said:

Houses

Halloween - Tent 3

Scare Zones

Vamp 2K - New York

Show

Academy of Villains

Horsemen? World's End? Seeds of Survival? Isn't that a bit too much... apocalypse?

Also Disney owns the Simpsons now, so it's probably going to end up like Marvel for a while - a stalemate between theme parks, where one has the license but can't do anything with it for fear of promoting the competition, and the other's parent company owning the franchise but legally unable to add it to the park.

7 minutes ago, DocNiktMarr said:

Horsemen? World's End? Seeds of Survival? Isn't that a bit too much... apocalypse?

Also Disney owns the Simpsons now, so it's probably going to end up like Marvel for a while - a stalemate between theme parks, where one has the license but can't do anything with it for fear of promoting the competition, and the other's parent company owning the franchise but legally unable to add it to the park.

Oh right. They said on the map it could be an End of the World theme.

16 minutes ago, DocNiktMarr said:

Four Horsemen - I was picturing a house where guys in Spandex jump out and shout "Wooooooo!!!!!!!"

giphy.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2