Halloween Horror Nights 29 Speculation

Mark M.

On 4/1/2019 at 7:10 AM, mystiquephreeq said:

The flames were outside the house. Heat was an issue in Disaster! and Jaws. Scareactors became ill from it. Adding heat creates a liability issue to Universal. 

No theme is worth making scareactors ill. 

Sure.. but having mask that cut into the actor face but they can't fix that only because they got approved from higher ups from the ip and can't change because the line is breaking records of 2018.  That is fine. 
 Some time certain aspects don't matter as long Ip holder or the general population likes it. 

Do you guys think that Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark could possibly come to the event? CBS has the rights for the movie, but I am not sure if they have ever worked with Halloween Horror Nights before. From what I've seen they are not owned by a bigger company that has issues working with Universal. 

Edit: I also know its a relatively kid-friendly IP, and with Stranger Things it may attract the wrong audience, but I think the actual stories are pretty dark and would work for the event. The trailer looks like it has good material.

Edited by Bradley
  • Like 3

On 4/2/2019 at 9:54 AM, Legacy said:

Mark Hamill doesn’t do impressions. He does voices. He IS the Joker, and has been since the 90s.

Of course, I'm hyped for the movie, after seeing him do the voice on an episode of Robot Chicken where he voiced Chucky, I didn't even know about it till now when a friend had showed me the video and I honestly would love to see his take on the film, of course he will always be the Joker in my eyes, one of the reasons I always sit and play the Arkham games always as well as the Batman Animated Series.

6 hours ago, Ebuilder said:

Other forums have mentioned of a strong speculation of Pumpkinhead coming to the event this year.

I mean I wouldn't mind it but I'd take it with a pinch of salt, I mean I could probably understand the long wait it would have had to take on bringing it to the event, definitely a good creature and would love to see to it and I bet they would make a gnarly house also.

2 hours ago, Bradley said:

Do you guys think that Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark could possibly come to the event? CBS has the rights for the movie, but I am not sure if they have ever worked with Halloween Horror Nights before. From what I've seen they are not owned by a bigger company that has issues working with Universal. 

Edit: I also know its a relatively kid-friendly IP, and with Stranger Things it may attract the wrong audience, but I think the actual stories are pretty dark and would work for the event. The trailer looks like it has good material.

I would love to see it come as a house, I wonder if Universal would find some type of loophole or just work things out with the company in bringing it to the event because the teasers, the trailers and I mean the stories are just awesome. I read those books in school and always wondered if they'd ever be turned into something whether be a haunted house and movie, and since it's gone the move route, I hope it becomes a haunted house. Taking us the sets we've seen in the movie from the hospital, the police station, the school, the cornfield in Harold, and also an appearance by The creature in the Thing story also in that area. I think it'd be an awesome house since Hollywood had gotten a Guilermo Del Toro house with Crimson Peak, I think I would love to see this as a shared ip, hopefully this year or next year.

• Like 1

Can I just ask if the thematically-appropriate carved pumpkins are going to be a recurring theme in the marketing? Or am I overthinking the tiniest of details, and even if my guess is correct it's not going to be important in the long run?

Or are the pumpkins from the show, which I wouldn't know because I'm too lazy to watch Stranger Things?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DocNiktMarr said:

Can I just ask if the thematically-appropriate carved pumpkins are going to be a recurring theme in the marketing? Or am I overthinking the tiniest of details, and even if my guess is correct it's not going to be important in the long run?

Or are the pumpkins from the show, which I wouldn't know because I'm too lazy to watch Stranger Things?

I'm not sure maybe, The pumpkins are featured in the beginning and one of the later episodes of the show to be where Upside Down is located underneath where they are in this farmers' crops, the pumpkins begin to rot and decay, so I'm guessing we might see that scene in the house, maybe not but it's played in the promotional, I wouldn't mind seeing the pumpkins being place in front of the Universal archway, it would look very cool.

Edited by HorrorUnearthed

7 minutes ago, Jerkytime said:

I haven’t paid attention to every detail on every forum, but is the current speculation for IP’s the ones below?

Stranger Things

Ghostbusters

House Of 1000 Corpses

Pumpkin Head

Killer Klowns 

I would be 100% ok with this!!!

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Jerkytime said:

I haven’t paid attention to every detail on every forum, but is the current speculation for IP’s the ones below?

Stranger Things

Ghostbusters

House Of 1000 Corpses

Pumpkin Head

Killer Klowns 

good list, but i don't think kkfos is happening. remember that twitter leak a week ago. unviersal deleted the stranger things, li2c, and ho1c tweets..but not the kkfos tweet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, themazethinker said:

good list, but i don't think kkfos is happening. remember that twitter leak a week ago. unviersal deleted the stranger things, li2c, and ho1c tweets..but not the kkfos tweet.

Personally I would like to see the klowns return at 30 to give them a slight break. Also I missed the twitter leak what did it mention?

2 hours ago, themazethinker said:

stranger things (had leaked promo art), leave it to cleaver 2, and house of 1000 corpses.

That's a pretty cool list right there, I mean with Three From Hell already planned to come on October 31st, what a perfect way to have House Of 1000 Corpses at the event with promotions for Three From Hell as well, I'd love for them to at least do Devil's Rejects in the future have it coincide with Three From Hell as well. Leave It to Cleaver 2 finally getting a sequel seems definitely perfect, really peaks my interest on what this year's event theme will be besides having Stranger Things.