Halloween Horror Nights 29 Speculation

Mark M.

16 hours ago, N i c k said:

My friends and I did The Ringmaster September 2017 and are actually heading to Orlando next weekend to try another room. Would you suggest The Asylum before The Archive? When is the R-Rated room expected to open?

It depends on how much time you have.  The Archive is a 90 minute room.  The Asylum is a terrific room - and, currently, our scariest.  The R-Rated room will probably be open some time this summer.. we are hoping.  It sort of depends on how fast permitting goes through because we have a small window where our set design company has time to do their thing. Soon, they will be spending 100% of their time building the HHN houses!  Ah, the irony of an HHN fan whose business expansion may be delayed because of HHN.  :) 

4 hours ago, HorrorUnearthed said:

that's what I mean we might be getting either or. and as for Stranger Things is going to be a mega house, getting The Walking Dead treatment, I wouldn't doubt a return next year would be like how Walking Dead exit was like where we go through each season and then finally season 4 but too soon talk about. As for the new Chucky movie I don't think Universal will go for that, people will hate it, after coming off the scarezone last year, I think Chucky just needs a break, he's been sorta overused like Freddy, Jason and Leatherface, and Michael, take a look at Hollywood, it shouldn't happen over here too. They should only bring him back if there is an anniversary of the Child's Play series or something but after seeing how the new movie looks not saying it's the worst but I don't think it will be the best, after seeing how they did Poltergeist, I rather Universal do an original Child's Play maze but they need to find other ips and not re-use.

How is Chucky overused? Hasn't he only been at Orlando like twice?

Ive heard that this year might be mostly rehash from last year. 

Jesus, I know that might sound horrible but it might not be bad as we thought. (Hopefully)

My Spidey Senses tells me that surprise that Murdy mentioned means he is gonna throw us a really fun and unexpected curve ball. A property that know one has mentioned yet. 

A part of me wants it to be a Video game Property but that sounds so silly saying that out loud. Hopefully this doesn't happen, but it would suck if that property is exclusive to Hollywood.

Im gonna go sit in a corner and wait for them to announce an Original now XD

• Like 2

4 hours ago, krazyhorrorkid said:

Jesus, I know that might sound horrible but it might not be bad as we thought. (Hopefully)

My Spidey Senses tells me that surprise that Murdy mentioned means he is gonna throw us a really fun and unexpected curve ball. A property that know one has mentioned yet. 

A part of me wants it to be a Video game Property but that sounds so silly saying that out loud. Hopefully this doesn't happen, but it would suck if that property is exclusive to Hollywood.

This year isn't shaping up to be rehashes. I expect at least 3 IPs to be brand new to Orlando.

And yes, there's likely a couple of drastic curve balls in there.

2 hours ago, HHN Pro said:

HHN Hollywood Twitter said we might wanna check in on Monsterpalooza on April 14th... 2nd house announcement for another shared-IP?

We should get something before then.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, krazyhorrorkid said:

Pardon, I misused that word lol, what I mean, I rather the original over the remake, I don't think Universal would ever do the remake because it goes back to how they felt about Scream, they wanted to do the original and MTV wanted them to do the show and Universal put a stop to it, regardless of the matter, no one wants a new reincarnation of Chucky especially after the original creator and director have both shunned the new film and have no interest in seeing it happen. This year might have 4 returning ips, one was just released, there could be changes who knows, but regardless though, with how Murdy was, I don't think he was really happy with announcing Stranger Things as I think he'd really be more excited for the other ips coming to the event. Hopefully, it is definitely another passion project he's been wanting to bring to the event. I am also very excited to see them release an original as well, the originals are the ones that get me a little more hyped over the event, hopefully, we get something, oh no here it goes again. Soon. 

9 hours ago, HorrorUnearthed said:

Pardon, I misused that word lol, what I mean, I rather the original over the remake, I don't think Universal would ever do the remake because it goes back to how they felt about Scream, they wanted to do the original and MTV wanted them to do the show and Universal put a stop to it, regardless of the matter, no one wants a new reincarnation of Chucky especially after the original creator and director have both shunned the new film and have no interest in seeing it happen. This year might have 4 returning ips, one was just released, there could be changes who knows, but regardless though, with how Murdy was, I don't think he was really happy with announcing Stranger Things as I think he'd really be more excited for the other ips coming to the event. Hopefully, it is definitely another passion project he's been wanting to bring to the event. I am also very excited to see them release an original as well, the originals are the ones that get me a little more hyped over the event, hopefully, we get something, oh no here it goes again. Soon. 

There's also the fact that Universal doesn't have the rights to the original Child's Play, only 2 and later, so if they did the original movie they would have to play ball with the rights holder. Better just to do an original Chucky story if anything.

9 hours ago, RevFreako said:

There's also the fact that Universal doesn't have the rights to the original Child's Play, only 2 and later, so if they did the original movie they would have to play ball with the rights holder. Better just to do an original Chucky story if anything.

I think they could manage it, Chucky shouldn't be that hard to acquire the rights too, I can see them working out a deal in making a Chucky best of house or something, I'd honestly take that over the remake you know because at least it's based on Don Mancini's visions of Chucky.

I don't know if it's been mentioned, but the website sure took on a different look this year.  Looks almost exactly like Knott's Scary Farm's last year, showing placeholders for every single house, scarezone, show, and even attraction.  This is in the "Haunted Houses & More" section.

Houses - 10 placeholders (ST revealed so far)

Scarezones - 5 placeholders

Attractions - 6 placeholders (there were 6 attractions last year)

Live Entertainment - 1 placeholder

• Like 4

5 hours ago, zombieman said:

I don't know if it's been mentioned, but the website sure took on a different look this year.  Looks almost exactly like Knott's Scary Farm's last year, showing placeholders for every single house, scarezone, show, and even attraction.  This is in the "Haunted Houses & More" section.

Yay! The website is devolving even more. I want to look at it as a potential evolutionary step, but I’m sincerely doubting it.

It appears that they are attempting to garner more clicks, but they know what used to bring the traffic. Daily traffic with multiple refreshes at that. 

This reeks of an attempt to appease fans while trying to lure in the GP for clicks. 

Yes, I’m still salty about the lack of decent websites.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, mystiquephreeq said:

Yay! The website is devolving even more. I want to look at it as a potential evolutionary step, but I’m sincerely doubting it.

It appears that they are attempting to garner more clicks, but they know what used to bring the traffic. Daily traffic with multiple refreshes at that. 

This reeks of an attempt to appease fans while trying to lure in the GP for clicks. 

Yes, I’m still salty about the lack of decent websites.

Yeah, they need to bring back the interactive sites, I find myself from time to time going back to the old sites like 16, 17 and 18's those sites were really cool, I thought they had something going with the site for 27 but it seemed like they didn't want to put more effort into it, I just wish they added more games to get us hyped for the houses or more teaser videos into the houses, something that continue our interest instead of holding back too much you know.

8 hours ago, zombieman said:

Well probably we can tell that AOV might be returning this year to take over the live entertainment aspect.

On 3/28/2019 at 7:59 PM, HHN Pro said:

HHN Hollywood Twitter said we might wanna check in on Monsterpalooza on April 14th... 2nd house announcement for another shared-IP?

I could see it, it's probably going to be another one of Murdy's passion projects because it seems like this one he's been wanting to bring to the event, that and probably some teasers into one of the scarezones as well this year.

Might as well get this discussion out of the way since we do it every year anyways lol and we are always questioning it until official lol.

1. Different ticket types and prices. FFP returning, express and all that good jazz

2. Alcohol throughout the park, Finns, bars through out the park and etc

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Rikku said:

Might as well get this discussion out of the way since we do it every year anyways lol and we are always questioning it until official lol.

1. Different ticket types and prices. FFP returning, express and all that good jazz

2. Alcohol throughout the park, Finns, bars through out the park and etc

Yup, that's all I'm waiting for at the moment along with an original house announcement 

On 3/29/2019 at 6:50 PM, HorrorUnearthed said:

I think they could manage it, Chucky shouldn't be that hard to acquire the rights too, I can see them working out a deal in making a Chucky best of house or something, I'd honestly take that over the remake you know because at least it's based on Don Mancini's visions of Chucky.

I would imagine that if they could have gotten the rights they would have by now. Not speaking just of HHN, but in general. I would also suggest that you will see Give the Rev A Tickle: The House before you see anything to do with the CP remake. There is bad blood there.

On 3/28/2019 at 7:12 AM, krazyhorrorkid said:

Since the Stranger things house contains 2 and 3, does that means it's gonna be a mega house?

Also, the fact that they arnt coming out with ticket sales yet kinda confirmes that there will be more then one big property. I want to say we will follow the announcement pattern we had last year that they announce an IP then an Original but who knows.

I also wanna add that instead of a house based off of this years Child's Play reboot that maybe instead we are more likely to get one of the first three movies in a house (or all of them)

Going through the Good Guys factory from the second film would be pretty Jaw dropping for me.

Season 2 was kind of lack luster, it only had about 3 good episodes. 
 I think it's easy for them to put together a 2 year contact deal instead of living through 5 years of Walking dead. 
 I think TWD was the reason why we only got 2 year deals. 
 We don't know what the GP or will be hot in 3 years away from now.. 
  I would like another Vampire house or Creatures house. 
 I wish that  Seeds had more dessert feel. 
 They could had heaters..

1 hour ago, USHER6998 said:

I mean it’s not the most awful idea and I am kind of curious

it surely has tons of potential

• librarian
  • slimer
  • zuul and vince clortho (reskined AWIL animatronics)
  • possessed dana and louis
  • zombie cab driver
  • subway ghost
  • gozer
  • some of the team (sorta like the kids in stranger things, not scares but more for fanservice)
  • and of course, the stay puft marshmallow man
Edited by themazethinker
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, littlegreenghouls said:

Season 2 was kind of lack luster, it only had about 3 good episodes. 
 I think it's easy for them to put together a 2 year contact deal instead of living through 5 years of Walking dead. 
 I think TWD was the reason why we only got 2 year deals. 
 We don't know what the GP or will be hot in 3 years away from now.. 
  I would like another Vampire house or Creatures house. 
 I wish that  Seeds had more dessert feel. 
 They could had heaters..

From what I can tell, it was wildly popular for the first three years. 25 was when it seems like even the GP started getting tired of it.

Edited by OhHaiInternet95
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

From what I can tell, it was wildly popular for the first three years. 25 was when it seems like even the GP started getting tired of it.

With 26, it seemed that The Walking Dead was definitely given the backburner treatment on it's way out of the event, they milked a little bit of what was left with it before moving on to AHS because AHS was definitely getting a lot of exposure. They could have done well with it because with Stranger Things and AHS, they didn't have to repeat things, every season had original scenes, not walkers every 24 hrs, not generic gang enemies, I was happy when the show made it's exit, I don't hate the show, I love the series and love the comics but it definitely overstayed it's welcome at the event and made a lot of people tired of zombies that's until Universal brought back Dead Exposure and they did it an awesome way. So I just wonder if Universal will keep it for one more house since season 4 will be last and final season for the show, I could see Universal pulling out a best of house all of the seasons and the end of the house being season 4 you know.

3 hours ago, themazethinker said:

it surely has tons of potential

• librarian
  • slimer
  • zuul and vince clortho (reskined AWIL animatronics)
  • possessed dana and louis
  • zombie cab driver
  • subway ghost
  • gozer
  • some of the team (sorta like the kids in stranger things, not scares but more for fanservice)
  • and of course, the stay puft marshmallow man

I'd like to see this house play out, it would be really cool to see them use some awesome effects from Dead End and incorporate em into that house, it would be interesting, who says they can't make a Ghostbusters house, I'd love enter in and being plunged into New York and the ghosts all around and each member of Ghostbusters get their due, it would be perfect they did it in a promotional way for the new film as well.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, USHER6998 said:

So your saying US has a chance? lol

I mean this year is a best chance than any right now for them to bring the ip to the event but I feel like it'll be held back for some reason, I'm not holding breath on it, if it comes, it comes but idk about it's chance this year.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HorrorUnearthed said:

I mean this year is a best chance than any right now for them to bring the ip to the event but I feel like it'll be held back for some reason, I'm not holding breath on it, if it comes, it comes but idk about it's chance this year.

That's honestly how I feel as well. It will either be this year or a few years from now as part of a Jordan peele collection house or something.

28 minutes ago, USHER6998 said:

That's honestly how I feel as well. It will either be this year or a few years from now as part of a Jordan peele collection house or something.

Yeah I mean it'd be awesome to see Jordan Peele personally working with Universal to bring his ips to life, I think that could work but I feel like Universal already has things set in motion for this year's event and US is not included in it which is fine, the movie did very very well in the box office and it's given horror a new breath and new following and stuff, hopefully Universal will definitely do it somewhere down the line. :)

• Like 2