Halloween Horror Nights 29 Speculation

Mark M.

9 minutes ago, Futurion said:

From the stranger things press release:

"With ten haunted houses, five scare zones, and live entertainment still to be revealed" 

Do you think this means 11 houses this year, or is it just bad phrasing?  

I'm glad I'm not the only one that thought it was oddly worded. Pretty sure it should have been something like "With ten haunted houses, plus five scarzones and live entertainment still to be revealed..."

I find it really interesting that season 3 is going to be included in this house. Season 2 was released on Netflix in late October of 2017, and now we aren't getting season 3 until 4th of July this year. Thats a big gap for them to come out with another season, so unless they release season 4 of ST in the summertime next year, it doesn't appear they have plans or a contract in place to make another house after HHN 29. You'd think for HHN 30 they'd want to pull out all of the stops and have as many big properties as possible, and Stranger Things, as of right now, is the top of the food chain. 

Very excited for the house though and to see how they pull this off. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Futurion said:

From the stranger things press release:

"With ten haunted houses, five scare zones, and live entertainment still to be revealed" 

Do you think this means 11 houses this year, or is it just bad phrasing?  

I'd say its either an accident with bad phrasing, or they're talking specifically about the live entertainment number being yet to be revealed.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MGregorio594 said:

I find it really interesting that season 3 is going to be included in this house. Season 2 was released on Netflix in late October of 2017, and now we aren't getting season 3 until 4th of July this year. Thats a big gap for them to come out with another season, so unless they release season 4 of ST in the summertime next year, it doesn't appear they have plans or a contract in place to make another house after HHN 29. You'd think for HHN 30 they'd want to pull out all of the stops and have as many big properties as possible, and Stranger Things, as of right now, is the top of the food chain. 

Very excited for the house though and to see how they pull this off. 

Yeah I feel like they might actually bring it back next year since the show is ending with Season 4, I could see Universal ending the series as a house at the same time it's ending as a show. Something I feel like they were trying to do with AHS but weren't able to do it because it's a long-running show same with TWD.

With Season 2 definitely returning to some key scenes from that season but also going to the Starcourt Mall and returning to Hawkins Lab and facing the new creature that they must fight against from the Upside Down. Definitely should be a promising house.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sororitysacrifice said:

I'd say its either an accident with bad phrasing, or they're talking specifically about the live entertainment number being yet to be revealed.

The whole quote leads me to believe it’s an editing error/bad phrasing or there are 11 houses. 

“Get ready because this is just the beginning, with ten haunted houses, five scare zones, and live entertainment still to be revealed for The World’s Premier Halloween Event.”

Still to be revealed applies to all of the items listed based on sentence structure. 

• Like 1

An error or 11 houses is I think the only two ways of interpreting it. 

Unfortunately I tend to think it's the former, as 11 houses would be an announcement of its own.

Legacy, this is when you pop in and either clear things up or post a Rick & Morty clip to confuse us.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

51 minutes ago, zombieman said:

Unfortunately I tend to think it's the former, as 11 houses would be an announcement of its own.

Agreed. 

34 minutes ago, Drummanmatt said:

Marketing eh? Waste of space :lol:

Don’t get me started. This isn’t the first time the marketing material was confusing due to poor writing. 

They need an editor or a better editor. 

• Like 3

10 houses = 10 houses

5 scare zones = 5 scare zones

other live entertainment means one of two things:

1.  Marketing is so stupid and inept they can’t count past the number of fingers they have

or

2.  There is other live entertainment.  Shows.  Magic Performances.  Concerts.  Parades.  VR experience with live humans involved.  Carnivals set up with barkers.  Upcharge experiences with live humans.

I don’t know if people needed charts to understand the post...or if it’s just the desire to crap on marketing and blame them for not spoonfeeding people exactly what they want, when they want it, and how they want it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Oysterhead00 said:

10 houses = 10 houses

5 scare zones = 5 scare zones

other live entertainment means one of two things:

1.  Marketing is so stupid and inept they can’t count past the number of fingers they have

or

2.  There is other live entertainment.  Shows.  Magic Performances.  Concerts.  Parades.  VR experience with live humans involved.  Carnivals set up with barkers.  Upcharge experiences with live humans.

I don’t know if people needed charts to understand the post...or if it’s just the desire to crap on marketing and blame them for not spoonfeeding people exactly what they want, when they want it, and how they want it.

The words 10 houses still to be revealed in an announcement that reveals a house does not automatically correlate to 10 houses=10 houses. 

The way the sentence is structured implies that “still to be revealed for The World’s Premiere Halloween Event” is applicable to each item listed. One simple word change would remove any and all confusion regarding the sentence. Change for to at. The interpretation that “still to be revealed” applies only to live entertainment would be accurate and clearer with that one word change. 

Personally, I think they just copy/pasted from the dates announcement, forgot to change 10 to 9, and didn’t proofread. 

Edit: Universal Marketing is not the only one to peak my ire. I rail against many inept information sources. Misspellings, grammatical errors, and poor wording choices are a pet peeve. Poor editorial work frustrates me. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, mystiquephreeq said:

The words 10 houses still to be revealed in an announcement that reveals a house does not automatically correlate to 10 houses=10 houses. 

The way the sentence is structured implies that “still to be revealed for The World’s Premiere Halloween Event” is applicable to each item listed. One simple word change would remove any and all confusion regarding the sentence. Change for to at. The interpretation that “still to be revealed” applies only to live entertainment would be accurate and clearer with that one word change. 

Personally, I think they just copy/pasted from the dates announcement, forgot to change 10 to 9, and didn’t proofread. 

Edit: Universal Marketing is not the only one to peak my ire. I rail against many inept information sources. Misspellings, grammatical errors, and poor wording choices are a pet peeve. Poor editorial work frustrates me. 

And given the announcement was delayed at least once there’s no excuse to not double check the wording!

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, mystiquephreeq said:

Universal Marketing is not the only one to peak my ire. I rail against many inept information sources. Misspellings, grammatical errors, and poor wording choices are a pet peeve. Poor editorial work frustrates me. 

+1, Mystique.  A company needed be the size of Comcast or Disney in order to warrant at least one proof-read before making an announcement.

60% of our posts since the announcement are based on a probable error instead of the ST announcement.  Should be 0%.  

However, to clear things up, HHN_Orlando has tweeted that there are 10 houses.  I don't know how to embed a tweet...

• Like 1

On 3/26/2019 at 2:57 PM, hunnylvr said:

That's right - tons of stuff going on in Florida this year.  Dare 2 Escape is expanding, boys and girls.  The "massage parlor" next door to us went out of biz,, and the landlord offered us the space.  Of course, we took it.  So, please add us to your Halloween bucket lists!  We'd LOVE to have our Nightmares family come play.  FYI, our newest room will be R-Rated.  Our goal is to make it the scariest escape game we possibly can.  We've got help from some of the Masters themselves.. so come see us!  <climbing off my marketing pedestal>

Ok, someone explain to me where this idea of a June announcement came from?  Why the hell would they ever wait that long to give us anything?  Especially when the event opens even earlier this year.  That makes zero sense to me, and I call bullshit.

My friends and I did The Ringmaster September 2017 and are actually heading to Orlando next weekend to try another room. Would you suggest The Asylum before The Archive? When is the R-Rated room expected to open?

Well now that we got our first ip announcement, I'm hoping that means that Universal will eventually give us our first original house announcement or maybe ticket sales since they already know people are getting hyped ST 2/3 coming to the event. It's a safe bet for to do it unless they are gonna save it for abit later. 

• Like 1

Since the Stranger things house contains 2 and 3, does that means it's gonna be a mega house?

Also, the fact that they arnt coming out with ticket sales yet kinda confirmes that there will be more then one big property. I want to say we will follow the announcement pattern we had last year that they announce an IP then an Original but who knows.

I also wanna add that instead of a house based off of this years Child's Play reboot that maybe instead we are more likely to get one of the first three movies in a house (or all of them)

Going through the Good Guys factory from the second film would be pretty Jaw dropping for me.

Edited by krazyhorrorkid
  • Like 1

I know we have been discussing Us as a house possibility but what about the possibility of a scare zone? A la Purge style? A bunch of people running around in red with scissors? I mean I think it would probably be better as a house but for some reason the idea of it as a scare zone just came to me. Thoughts?

• Like 1

I will preface this by saying that I haven't seen "Us" as of yet, so I may be missing the point ...

But my understanding of the film is that the main characters in the film are being stalked by characters that are representatives of themselves. That dramatic effect of fighting against yourself would absolutely be lost in any environment - be it scare zone or house. So why approach this property as a possibility if the main hook is not probable.

Just now, Insane24Se7en said:

But my understanding of the film is that the main characters in the film are being stalked by characters that are representatives of themselves. That dramatic effect of fighting against yourself would absolutely be lost in any environment - be it scare zone or house. So why approach this property as a possibility if the main hook is not probable.

im gonna try my best to not and spoiler it, but it's not just that.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, themazethinker said:

im gonna try my best to not and spoiler it, but it's not just that.

Hence the reason I prefaced my statement the way I did. Is the plot simple enough to understand and rich enough to warrant a house, scarezone, segment of an HoB?

Edited by Insane24Se7en

5 hours ago, krazyhorrorkid said:

Since the Stranger things house contains 2/3, does that means it's gonna be a mega house?

Also, the fact that they arnt coming out with ticket sales yet kinda confirmes that there will be more then one big property. I want to say we will follow the announcement pattern we had last year that they announce an IP then an Original but who knows.

I also wanna add that instead of a house based off of this years Child's Play reboot that maybe instead we are more likely to get one of the first three movies in a house (or all of them)

Going through the Good Guys factory from the second film would be pretty Jaw dropping for me.

that's what I mean we might be getting either or. and as for Stranger Things is going to be a mega house, getting The Walking Dead treatment, I wouldn't doubt a return next year would be like how Walking Dead exit was like where we go through each season and then finally season 4 but too soon talk about. As for the new Chucky movie I don't think Universal will go for that, people will hate it, after coming off the scarezone last year, I think Chucky just needs a break, he's been sorta overused like Freddy, Jason and Leatherface, and Michael, take a look at Hollywood, it shouldn't happen over here too. They should only bring him back if there is an anniversary of the Child's Play series or something but after seeing how the new movie looks not saying it's the worst but I don't think it will be the best, after seeing how they did Poltergeist, I rather Universal do an original Child's Play maze but they need to find other ips and not re-use.

Edited by HorrorUnearthed