Halloween Horror Nights 29 Speculation

Mark M.

I'm not entirely sure if we've discussed this before (I only recently got back to using this site), but I feel like a major property that is being overlooked at the moment is Us. I know Get Out will never be in the event due to its potentially divisive racial commentary, but from what I've heard this movie doesn't have that kind of commentary. Not only that, but from the SXSW reviews I've read, it's even more fucked up and terrifying than Get Out. Since it's *technically* still a Blumhouse movie, what do you guys think the chances of it coming to HHN are?

• Like 4

It probably means absolutely nothing but Charles Gray posted on twitter he is playing bioshock for the first time and Micheal Aiello commented "Dude.". It probably means nothing but what if bioshock actually came to the event in the future since WB and Disney took so many IP's away!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, terracruentus said:

I'm not entirely sure if we've discussed this before (I only recently got back to using this site), but I feel like a major property that is being overlooked at the moment is Us. I know Get Out will never be in the event due to its potentially divisive racial commentary, but from what I've heard this movie doesn't have that kind of commentary. Not only that, but from the SXSW reviews I've read, it's even more fucked up and terrifying than Get Out. Since it's *technically* still a Blumhouse movie, what do you guys think the chances of it coming to HHN are?

If it comes to the event, I accept, if it doesn't, I wouldn't cry spilled milk about it, I mean the movie does have an awesome concept to it and Jordan Peele as an awesome view in his films and I cannot wait for his revival for The Twilight Zone but honestly I just feel like they are just gonna pick Happy Death Day 2 U over it, or have them side by side like they did with The First Purge last year and Hollywood would get the same properties with one more Blumhouse ip tagged to theirs. 

11 hours ago, Kichkinet said:

No TWD all year attraction please that would suck. I’m good with just the line of Kong.

Yeah but regardless, I think Universal has already cut their ties with AMC, once AHS stepped in and Walking Dead made its exit, it was truer than true that Universal set their sights on other properties they had missed out on for the last few years, which is still cool, we got enough of AHS that we didn't miss the good seasons of the show and same went for TWD but it just dragged on abit, now just having Stranger Things for this year and the next two years, I wouldn't mind it because the show is heading towards its end and has a lot of creativity and ideas that A&D can jump in and recreate to the best of their ability, also I'm glad to say that Dead Exposure really got me having more appetites for zombie mazes to come back to the event, having to deal with The Walking Dead made me think we'd never see Dead Exposure or any zombie originals coming from A&D and now they can become very crafty. Although, I'm still hoping for a George A. Romero homage. 

5 hours ago, USHER6998 said:

It probably means absolutely nothing but Charles Gray posted on twitter he is playing bioshock for the first time and Micheal Aiello commented "Dude.". It probably means nothing but what if bioshock actually came to the event in the future since WB and Disney took so many IP's away!

If they'd do it, it would definitely be an amazing house, a lot of key scenes, many nods to the game and sequels, I would love to see the New Years Eve 1959 Masquerade Ball scene, the sign and everything, that scene would be an amazing experience in the maze. Running into the little sisters possibly using static figures and Big Daddy's coming after us as well as the many splicers trying to attack at every point. I feel like Universal would do very well with this maze because they've done experimenting with Saws N Steam: Into The Machine, using many of the effects they've done in that house could work very well with Bioshock and be executed well with more updated stuff to use as well.

Edited by HorrorUnearthed

On 3/11/2019 at 10:18 AM, PeoriaBJJ said:

As a guy in his 40's (42 today!) that hasnt touched a video game since Golden Eye on N64, the video game houses always fall flat for me. And when people bring up new video games - I have never heard of them. Except Bioshock bc people have been talking about that on here for several years. But I guess they would be like originals to me. After Silent Hill and Resident evil though... ugh... not impressed so far. 

Then play some of them?

• Like 2

SS22 and MiB house permits are up. 

Yes, the MiB Permit is worded differently. Interior build out vs alteration like the other permits. My best guess is that the difference is due to the nonpermanent nature of the tent. An interior build-out is the interior alterations done to an existing shell. 

One more edit:

There will be 4 or 5 more permits. The current descriptions being used creates the possibility of needing only one permit for houses sharing a soundstage. 

• Like 3

On 3/12/2019 at 9:15 AM, HorrorUnearthed said:

Yeah but the thing is TWD has already died out, they might as well make TWD year-round attraction that would definitely kill some big lines, I mean Hollywood has it every year and it doesn't look like they have that many problems, it'd be cool to see have it here too. 

Be careful what you wish for.

The Hollywood TWD attraction in its prime operated from 11AM until a couple of hours before closing.

It currently operates in crazy 40 min windows throughout the day.

For example, went with my daughter two Sat ago.  Operating hours were:

10:30-11:10

11:45-12:25

1:00-1:40

2:45-3:25

4:15-4:55

How crazy is that for a park goer who doesn't have the app?  At this point, it really doesn't add much to the park, and I don't see it bringing in anyone.  I'm kinda surprised they didn't axe it to make more room for the Secret Life Of Pets building that butts up against it.  This very-not-for-kids attraction was always out of place for Universal, but being steps away from SLOP and Despicable Me makes it really stick out.  Would be better suited for the lower lot, where all the attractions were already on the scary side for little ones.

If I was in Orlando, I would be more excited for the Bourne show than for a TWD attraction.

5 hours ago, Jediwhit82 said:

Then play some of them?

When you reach 40, be sure to let us know how much spare time you have to play video games. 

If you have the time to do so, you're either not married, don't have kids, are underemployed, or somehow already retired. :)

Bioshock was the last video game I made time for and completed.  I'd love to see what HHN could do with it, but if the closest I get is Saws & Steam, I'm still happy.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, zombieman said:

f you have the time to do so, you're either not married, don't have kids, are underemployed, or somehow already retired. :)

I made a decision that I needed a bit of me time.  But, as a mid 40s married man with 2 kids, yeah, its not easy.    But I want to play Batman Arkham City dammit and I wish I could get into Red Dead 2, that looks fun.

• Like 1

Idk I never want TWD in HHN again but it is great to have a year round haunt just to get that little bit of HHN style satisfaction and fix. So I guess a permanent TWD house/attraction wouldn't be that bad. But I think they should go for Stranger Things in Orlando, it isn't "as scary" and idk I feel that is more current.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Rikku said:

Idk I never want TWD in HHN again but it is great to have a year round haunt just to get that little bit of HHN style satisfaction and fix. So I guess a permanent TWD house/attraction wouldn't be that bad. But I think they should go for Stranger Things in Orlando, it isn't "as scary" and idk I feel that is more current.

At least the second season is a good bit more horror. Supposedly, the third season is going to be even more than that.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

At least the second season is a good bit more horror. Supposedly, the third season is going to be even more than that.

Yeah I can see them doing the first three seasons if they'd do a year round attraction, first season going to through the hospital, second going through the prison and the third terminus with many scenes leading up to each one. I mean yes the attraction will be outdated but something that could distract fans of the show and keep em entertained, it'll be understandable why Universal would go back on wanting to bring it to our park. Stranger Things would be very interesting a lot of stuff they can work with both seasons, definitely wanna see the facility be the opener like how they did the maze and the appearance of Demogorgon, that scene and the scene in the woods both got me good in that house.

Edited by HorrorUnearthed

5 hours ago, HorrorUnearthed said:

Yeah I can see them doing the first three seasons if they'd do a year round attraction, first season going to through the hospital, second going through the prison and the third terminus with many scenes leading up to each one. I mean yes the attraction will be outdated but something that could distract fans of the show and keep em entertained, it'll be understandable why Universal would go back on wanting to bring it to our park. Stranger Things would be very interesting a lot of stuff they can work with both seasons, definitely wanna see the facility be the opener like how they did the maze and the appearance of Demogorgon, that scene and the scene in the woods both got me good in that house.

I was talking about Stranger Things.

Edited by OhHaiInternet95
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, zombieman said:

When you reach 40, be sure to let us know how much spare time you have to play video games. 

If you have the time to do so, you're either not married, don't have kids, are underemployed, or somehow already retired. :)

Indeed. 2 kids, 2 jobs and fitting in working out in there. If I wasn't in IT and work from home I'd never even get to watch movies! Nothing worse than wanting to watch a good horror movie but the kids are still up and its fucking Paw Patrol instead LOL...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, ryguyof87 said:

I really enjoyed HDD2U, but it doesn't even really have scares, nor is it a horror film. I really hope Team Orlando knows that this would be horrendous in a house (as the first was already pretty crappy).

I second this. I was the ONLY one out of my friends who enjoyed the movie itself (three cheers for deceased parents!) but I could not for the life of me imagine what the house would be like. Then again, it could be the only chance I have at hearing Paramore at the event...

• Like 2

16 hours ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

I was talking about Stranger Things.

Sorry my whole thing got merged, the first half was for another post XD but the other half was about Stranger Things, Season 1 and 2 would make for a good year-round attraction granted, it would be outdated but they could go in and maybe close it and then updated scenes from Season 3 in and stuff but what's the point you know, I think how they did the Stranger Things day last year would be awesome to see happen again this year if they were to do it.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, nebulaexpress said:

It's such a niche thing that it would never happen, but god an SCP house would be so cool. It's getting weirdly popular again though, so it could attract some people! 

Love the idea! The rights for that though would be fucking monstrous!

If one person went and did the whole thing by himself then maybe but it's a huge collection of people that make up the universe.

I was also thinking about that idea recently as well.

It's nice to dream sometimes. :)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, krazyhorrorkid said:

Love the idea! The rights for that though would be fucking monstrous!

If one person went and did the whole thing by himself then maybe but it's a huge collection of people that make up the universe.

I was also thinking about that idea recently as well.

It's nice to dream sometimes. :)

I mean, if they just did the video game whatever guy made that owns the rights to the game version of the story, much like what they did with Stanley Kubrick's The Shining not Stephen King's The Shining.  Just have the famous SCPs in their video game form and it could be quite a banger. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, nebulaexpress said:

I mean, if they just did the video game whatever guy made that owns the rights to the game version of the story, much like what they did with Stanley Kubrick's The Shining not Stephen King's The Shining.  Just have the famous SCPs in their video game form and it could be quite a banger. 

there's so much for a scp haunt. 610, 082, 096, 106, 939, 3008, 3199, 1000, 1048, 4666, etc etc. besides, you can reuse the sets from cabin in the woods for scenes.

• Like 4

I always wondered thinking back, I wondered why Universal never would make a War Of The Living Dead type house after seeing it at 19, it would be so cool to see it as a maze, it was like a Call Of Duty Zombies type scarezone, obviously would need some fixing to the story or something but I mean it'd be cool to see us right in the middle of a war as the dead continue to rage their rivalry against their enemies. What do you guys think? Hit or pass? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HorrorUnearthed said:

I always wondered thinking back, I wondered why Universal never would make a War Of The Living Dead type house after seeing it at 19, it would be so cool to see it as a maze, it was like a Call Of Duty Zombies type scarezone, obviously would need some fixing to the story or something but I mean it'd be cool to see us right in the middle of a war as the dead continue to rage their rivalry against their enemies. What do you guys think? Hit or pass? 

I've been clamoring for a Nightingales sequel but this would be the next best thing.

• Like 1