Halloween Horror Nights 29 Speculation

Mark M.

4 hours ago, HorrorUnearthed said:

Well, We can rule out parade blding and tents due to mard gras. 
 It has to be either 24 or 22. 21 also houses the parade characters during the meet and greets for Mard gras. 
  This has to be Stranger Things so nextfilx can walk through and approve or change things... idk maybe the ending? 
I have faith in Orlando team, but the content of ending is wary for me. 

2 hours ago, USHER6998 said:

I have said this once and I will say it again. I think Hellboy would make a awesome house!

It's strange that Hellboy and hulk and few others are universal film property.  
  I would like to be in the room when they were picking characters..

• Like 1

9 hours ago, USHER6998 said:

I have said this once and I will say it again. I think Hellboy would make a awesome house!

I think it would be awesome and interesting to see Hellboy as a house, it would be the sorta horror/comedy I feel because Ron Pearlman's portrayal of Hellboy was badass, I'm rooting for the latest one to do well, but Guillermo's vision was truly incredible, he did such a good job with that movie what sucks is how we didn't get to share the Crimson Peak house, I wish we could have seen what our version would look like compared to Hollywood's.

10 hours ago, littlegreenghouls said:

So by raise of hands, how many people here think that the new castle show at Ioa would be the introduction of Orlando  for Dark side of potter or at least both parks of hhn?

I don't see Rowling letting Universal get away with it, I mean look at Diagon Alley, they could theme the area to Halloween but she does not want anything to do with HHN nor does she want the Harry Potter franchise, that's why every year now, it's just sorta there but there are so many missed opportunities that she's making Universal A&D miss you know.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HorrorUnearthed said:

I don't see Rowling letting Universal get away with it, I mean look at Diagon Alley, they could theme the area to Halloween but she does not want anything to do with HHN nor does she want the Harry Potter franchise, that's why every year now, it's just sorta there but there are so many missed opportunities that she's making Universal A&D miss you know.

I pray you are right. The only form in which I would ever want to see HP at the event would be in the same vain as Maximum Carnage. Which Rowling DEFINITELY wouldn't allow.

Edited by OhHaiInternet95
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

I pray you are right. The only form in which I would ever want to see HP at the event would be in the same vain as Maximum Carnage. Which Rowling DEFINITELY wouldn't allow.

That would be cool, I always pray that we'd see Island Under Siege again but I could not see Universal going back to Islands unless it was big deal and even if, Marvel will not allow it after the first Universal did it under their supervision. It's an amazing concept but something they don't want happening in the park. I also just hope we get more opportunities for Universal because the deal with Disney taking over Fox, it's made more and more properties disappear on their radar.

• Sad 1

I am just saying that they haven't slated the dates for this Potter event at the castle. 
 I think it would be a summer leading to HHN to win over the summer, since Galaxy edges got pushed back to Fall. 
 I think with the event getting big that they would do a last big blow out before transferring it to maybe new park?  who know the future of the event or universal has in store for us. 
  I really like to see maybe a kiddo halloween event at islands. Steal the market from lego land and disney. 
  Not as scary halloween event. 

slightly unrelated, but i came to the realization that if it had adapted even a little bit of the source material’s violent content, the umbrella academy would be a very high contender for a possible house. i loved the show and most of the changes, but there is some seriously graphic things that happen in the original runs that seemed oddly cut out of the show. im talking “jfk’s head getting blown to bits” level of graphic. 

(and yet they kept the incest storyline. yuck!)

• Like 2

On 3/1/2019 at 4:23 AM, littlegreenghouls said:

I just want more Bungee scares that is more interaction with guest.. I.e Knott's like. 
 Orlando Focuses more on stilts than Bungees, which is cool.  For the reason, you can work 45 mins on stilts and bungees are 30 mins, need more active actors for Bungees. 
 Once, when I was scaring in the face off scarezone, I accident misstepped during  raining night and did a slide move on my knee thankfully no injuries but it was different and got some great scares. 
 I was Red Beard Butler.. Next to scarecrows and Pirates. 
 I think a change of streets is needed, if we had sliders in new york it would work since new york is big enough.  But only have sliders the 1st 2 sets and then regular scare after that. 

On 3/1/2019 at 10:27 AM, hunnylvr said:

Sliders scare the shit out of me.  it's one of the reasons we include Howl O Scream in our travel each season (plus, it's a fun change of pace).  HOS is also very good about including bungees in their houses AND in the street (which scares the shit out of me every single time).  I'd love to see more bungees at HHN.  I just don't know if they could pull off sliders.. it really is too damn crowded.  Although, you could be right - in NY, they could pull it off - especially if sliders were active maybe up the "side "streets" like the one next to Finnegan's, or if they clustered near Louie's pizza

Bungees aren’t used in the streets because of space. A single bungee set requires about 100 sq ft (8’x12’) for platform and landing. That’s a lot of space for one performer doing a quick scare. With crowds the way they are now, a stage the same size is far more cost effective.

Sliders are about more than space (though that is factor). One, it’s an extremely dangerous scare. Two, it tears up the asphalt, and Universal doesn’t want to pay to resurface it.

8 hours ago, Legacy said:

Bungees aren’t used in the streets because of space. A single bungee set requires about 100 sq ft (8’x12’) for platform and landing. That’s a lot of space for one performer doing a quick scare. With crowds the way they are now, a stage the same size is far more cost effective.

Sliders are about more than space (though that is factor). One, it’s an extremely dangerous scare. Two, it tears up the asphalt, and Universal doesn’t want to pay to resurface it.

Are sliders roller skates? Confused.

I get so confused on here hahaha! Not trying to be mean but we have pages of discussion about how "Stranger Things ruined HHN and HHN is no longer scary or gory" or whatever. Then I see posts wanting HP tied into HHN and some kid friendly event at IOA, that would surely steal some of HHN's budget which we are always concerned about anyways. Like uh....what? lol! No no no to HP if you think the event is crowded now it will be impossible with HP and that would totally cramp the style of HHN anyways. I love HP but I want it no part in my HHN experience except for Diagon Alley eating people up during the event. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

22 minutes ago, Rikku said:

I get so confused on here hahaha! Not trying to be mean but we have pages of discussion about how "Stranger Things ruined HHN and HHN is no longer scary or gory" or whatever. Then I see posts wanting HP tied into HHN and some kid friendly event at IOA, that would surely steal some of HHN's budget which we are always concerned about anyways. Like uh....what? lol! No no no to HP if you think the event is crowded now it will be impossible with HP and that would totally cramp the style of HHN anyways. I love HP but I want it no part in my HHN experience except for Diagon Alley eating people up during the event. 

You are very correct.

ST shifted the demographic age down.  Adding anything HP would definitely drive it down further.  Then comes the parental units of those HP kids screaming about the rest of the event being too scary and that's how we get UNSSHPH.   That being said, it makes the argument for HHN becoming two tiered and in two parks.  Scary to the left, not so scary to the right.  But, I am sure there is not a return to be had in that method.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Legacy said:

• Love 1

41 minutes ago, themazethinker said:

Not a bungee. It's a flyer. 

A flyer that was actually sub-contracted out because it was an extremely expensive stunt.

That's why they haven't been used since.

EDIT - A "bungee" drops from a platform and hits the ground, before being pulled back up. Fliers never touch the ground.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Ueeediot said:

You are very correct.

ST shifted the demographic age down.  Adding anything HP would definitely drive it down further.  Then comes the parental units of those HP kids screaming about the rest of the event being too scary and that's how we get UNSSHPH.   That being said, it makes the argument for HHN becoming two tiered and in two parks.  Scary to the left, not so scary to the right.  But, I am sure there is not a return to be had in that method.

3 hours ago, Legacy said:

I am just saying if we could put the separate events, universal could make butt loads of money. even if the kids event is only open till 12 that would work.  You know since the sell out success from last year, the budget will get better. 
   I think the Sliders work so well in knotts and else where is because they don't have strict rules on their scare actors. 
  HHN Hollywood legit allows people to get chased. In Orlando it's not that..   
 Speaking of budget, all this money that universal made. 
 We won't get sliders cause the budget. Shoot they won't give the Chainsaw people gloves to protect their hands. 

2 hours ago, littlegreenghouls said:

Shoot they won't give the Chainsaw people gloves to protect their hands. 

Are the gloves “in costume?” If so, the chainsaws will wear them.

2 hours ago, HHN Pro said:

So is Shrek and/or the new parade building being used?

New Parade, yes. Shrek should be if nothing changes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, littlegreenghouls said:

They need protection gloves. They refused and yelled at the chainsaw folks last year for getting their own gloves. 

And, again. Are the gloves in costume? That’s Universal’s concern. They’ve given gloves for copious saws in the past because it fit the costume.

Universal has gloves. Buying 40 pairs is nothing to them if they think it’s necessary. It’s not a budget thing.

”Chainsaw gloves” are meant for protecting your hands from the chain. If there’s no chain, the gloves aren’t “needed.” Sure, it can cause blisters, but that’s what callouses are for.

I heard the past year actors were destroying their hands by repeating starting chainsaw without gloves. 
 It's possible that they got hand hit or pinched during pull strings. 

Sure, " Budget isn't a thing for universal" 
 tell to the guy getting touches up twice a night because he works on scarezone and the make supervisor tells you to stop because they are running out of blood and make for the run. 
 Hence why they switch to half and half. Half street& house actors using less make up(  Central Park almost year since 2015)

Budget is there.  Yet they are being crazy cheap. 
Anyways, I think they is a strong theme that they might bring back an icon.

5 hours ago, littlegreenghouls said:

I heard the past year actors were destroying their hands by repeating starting chainsaw without gloves. 
 It's possible that they got hand hit or pinched during pull strings. 

Sure, " Budget isn't a thing for universal" 
 tell to the guy getting touches up twice a night because he works on scarezone and the make supervisor tells you to stop because they are running out of blood and make for the run. 
 Hence why they switch to half and half. Half street& house actors using less make up(  Central Park almost year since 2015)

Budget is there.  Yet they are being crazy cheap. 
Anyways, I think they is a strong theme that they might bring back an icon.

I'm holding my breath on an icon, I feel like they might save it for 30, I hope they don't forget about 15 and the return of the Terra Queen and if it does mean a return to Islands for one year, 30 should definitely be year for a dual park more than anything else.

• Like 3