Halloween Horror Nights 29 Speculation

Mark M.

19 minutes ago, themazethinker said:

and for the wolfman, you can have a room of the guard dogs mauling a guard to bits.

Well, I was mainly thinking that the torture would be happening on the TVs, the segment rooms would be actual scenes from the CM movies--like the first BNG house. But either way, your idea is great.

You could also do a Nightingales scarezone in either NY where KKFOS was (War of 1812--"Blood Splattered Banner") or in Central Park (Revolutionary War, specifically Battle of Saratoga or King''s Mountain--"War of In-DIE-pendence").

Edited by OhHaiInternet95
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

Well, I was mainly thinking that the torture would be happening on the TVs, the segment rooms would be actual scenes from the CM movies--like the first BNG house. But either way, your idea is great.

You could also do a Nightingales scarezone in either NY where KKFOS was (War of 1812--"Blood Splattered Banner") or in Central Park (Revolutionary War, specifically Battle of Saratoga or King''s Mountain--"War of In-DIE-pendence").

i'll kill for a actually planned ucm maze in a soundstage. you can have the ones you expect (dracula, frankenstein, wolfman, etc etc), but you can have some lesser known ones to (the man who laughs, werewolf of london, the mole-people, dr jekyll and mr hyde).

Edited by themazethinker
  • Like 3

I think we would get Universal original monster house/ maze  this year or next for thirty years. 
 I prefer this year while I am still employee with the company, hopefully can do filing role for that house. I love wolfman and frankenstein's monster despite being too short. 
  I just saw Happy Death 2u, I seen some active scene during a haunt. ( lab death, gym backstage, hopsital scene again, )  I feel like this is going to be apart of 2019 house. if not maybe blumhouse street. 
 I feel they could get way with blumhouse street. purge tv, maybe  purge film,  happy death day baby killer,  maybe if possible get out character? or us character? or hulu pokah character? I love creepy pokah character. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, littlegreenghouls said:

I think we would get Universal original monster house/ maze  this year or next for thirty years. 
 I prefer this year while I am still employee with the company, hopefully can do filing role for that house. I love wolfman and frankenstein's monster despite being too short. 
  I just saw Happy Death 2u, I seen some active scene during a haunt. ( lab death, gym backstage, hopsital scene again, )  I feel like this is going to be apart of 2019 house. if not maybe blumhouse street. 
 I feel they could get way with blumhouse street. purge tv, maybe  purge film,  happy death day baby killer,  maybe if possible get out character? or us character? or hulu pokah character? I love creepy pokah character. 

For some reason I do not want a Blumhouse house again but I love the idea of it for a street!

Hello! Been avoiding reading this to avoid spoilers of the house announcements, and I'm coming to you with a probably-not-accurate-at-all speculation map!

The Curse of La Llorona - Soundstage 21

Stranger Things 2 - Soundstage 22

Original (Sequel) - Soundstage 24B

Original - Soundstage 24A

Happy Death Day 2U - Tent 3

Killer Klownz from Outer Space 3D - Sprung Tent 2

Original - Sprung Tent 1

Original - New Parade Building

Child's Play - Parade Building

Original (Sequel) - Shrek 4D Theater 2

• Like 2

11 hours ago, USHER6998 said:

I read a article on potential of jaws being a house at hhn and I’m just curious what you all would think of that?

Interesting. Not sure how they would make that work seeing as how half of the movie takes place on a boat in the middle of the ocean with the same three characters. What else could they incorporate into the maze to actually make it scary? Only so many scares you can do with a mechanical shark.

• Like 3

On 2/17/2019 at 8:50 PM, USHER6998 said:

I read a article on potential of jaws being a house at hhn and I’m just curious what you all would think of that?

The old me would have blown off such an idea.  But then I saw what they did with Poltergeist.

So, sure.  Why not?  At this point, I think they could manage to make a great house out of Teletubbies...

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, zombieman said:

The old me would have blown off such an idea.  But then I saw what they did with Poltergeist.

So, sure.  Why not?  At this point, I think they could manage to make a great house out of Teletubbies...

Judging by the POV, Dollhouse of the Damned looked pretty close to this.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

Judging by the POV, Dollhouse of the Damned looked pretty close to this.

Just watched the video of this. Wow. This would have freaked me out for sure. Doubt there’s enough there to warrant a sequel though which is a shame, as I would have loved to experience it!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Drummanmatt said:

Just watched the video of this. Wow. This would have freaked me out for sure. Doubt there’s enough there to warrant a sequel though which is a shame, as I would have loved to experience it!

Sadly, its reception among fans seemed fairly lukewarm, for whatever reason. Looked pretty damn scary to me. It did win co-house of the year, though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mystiquephreeq said:

If last year taught us anything, we should never be sure of anything this early. 

Totally agree - expect the unexpected.

But NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!

9 hours ago, littlegreenghouls said:

I don't understand the hate for Blumhouse, they currently the main horror source. 
 It might be not what we are used to but they doing the best for nation of horror.  they got deals with hulu and amazon and universal. 

I just hope they do hellraiser and  strangers things. 

I have nothing against Blumhouse movies.  Liked most of them.

I'd argue that there have been more than a few Blumhouse HOUSES that were better left as just movies. 

Arguably Purge was the property that best fit HHN, and like TWD, it was done to death.  Sinister had potential, but they essentially presented a hallway and a room.  

So I kinda feel like Blumhouse as an HHN property is played out, with the exception of Halloween.

I seriously don't need a Get Out or Split house, but I really liked those movies.   No one needed an Unfriended or Truth or Dare house...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Anyone a fan of the Phantasm movies? I think they could make for a great house. You have the little goblin creatures for your jump scares, you could have the Tall Man showing up a few times shouting BOY at you, maybe a room of the silver spheres buzzing above your head. I think there is potential for a cool house with some unique ideas, but not sure if the IP has enough fans nowadays to make it worth pursuing.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Next month, is the Us relased  we will see how much horror is in it. 

I  love the Phantasm Idea for house. 
 It could be graveyard theme in beginning.
 then morgue.. 
  Tall man everywhere. 
  I like this film. If they could do this ending right. 
 I feel like too many tall people it would be hard to cast for, but easy to fill roles if it's masked roles.