Halloween Horror Nights 29 Speculation

Mark M.

On 2/7/2019 at 4:58 PM, zombieman said:

Ban cell phones from the event and trespass anyone who smuggles one in.  

If that sounds extreme, it's not, really. 

It's what every day in any park was like in the 80's. 

And somehow, we survived.

Amen to that. I second your motion!

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, littlegreenghouls said:

Please don't get me started on Tim Tracker... 
 I can't stand him or all mighty thor and  a lot of these vloggers. 
  How can you be a review of everything and his dumb voice gives me headaches. 
 His videos aren't special.. I rather dive any more down that deep hole of hate.  

I just think we could freeze this thread for a week or two? 

Why would we need to freeze this thread for a week or two?   This thread is doing just fine.  

• Like 3

On 2/8/2019 at 3:46 PM, littlegreenghouls said:

Please don't get me started on Tim Tracker... 
 I can't stand him or all mighty thor and  a lot of these vloggers. 
  How can you be a review of everything and his dumb voice gives me headaches. 
 His videos aren't special.. I rather dive any more down that deep hole of hate.  

Couldn't agree more.

On 2/8/2019 at 4:41 PM, BoSoxFan1022 said:

Does anyone know what would block HHN from using Pet Sematary, other than Stephen King’s Involvement?

It's distributing or shot by paramount, which is apart of Sony? 
 It possible, but not 100% 
Why don't we have Elvira  house since we going to getting a new show or film from netflix. 

On 11/5/2018 at 8:11 AM, Ueeediot said:

Another lame AoV show.  On a stage.  With a seated and disengaged audience.  Great.

AoV: Cyberpunk received the highest GSATs for a show in HHN history. It beat out every Bill and Ted. So, enough of the audience liked it for that to happen.

And on King:

King has no rights usage approval authority for Kubrick’s Shining. WB can do what they want with it. King DOES retain that authority for stuff since - IT especially. Using any new movies for a haunt requires King’s approval.

That hurts Universal. When The Shining leaked, King tried to stop it. Universal had already bought the rights, was building the house, and hinged elements of their marketing on the IP. So, Universal did the legal compromise of not referencing King.

And compromises leave nobody happy.

So, where King LIKES what WB is doing with his stories on screen (and so trusts them), he doesn’t like how Universal used a loophole to get something he never would have approved otherwise.

• Like 1

UPDATE HAUNTING OF HILL HOUSE

Just finished up episodes 6-10. Great show. As I previously stated, I do not scare very easily. It takes a lot to keep me legitimately scared and this show did the trick. Creepy, scary, freaky etc. I can definitely see this being a great maze at HHN. The house itself, plus the funeral home, plenty of ghosts and zombies to put into scenes. I think it will come out really well done. We'll see!

• Like 3

6 hours ago, FaceBagman said:

I mean I guess somebody somewhere has to have a phobia of large breasts.

My heart goes out to them, that would be tragic :'(

I hope to die of fright then.

3 hours ago, FaceBagman said:

It didn't, it's moved on to respectfully appreciating the beauty of the female form, catch up yo! :p

Seeing is believing!;)

Also, that zone had a killer awesome soundtrack. Didn't get to experience 15,  so bring that zone and a TC house back at 30, says I!

Edited by OhHaiInternet95
  • Like 1

Admittedly... haunted house movies/series are not my favorite. I gave Hill House a try. Episode 1. Its was cool but didnt spark my interest enough to keep going. Maybe I was in a shitty mood or something. My wife has been on me about watching. She loved it. I'll have to give it another try. Seems everyone here loves it....

• Like 1

PeoriaBJJ, be patient. The payoff is well worth it. To add some fun to watching it, keep an eye out for the hidden ghosts. Most episodes have at least one and some have as many as nine. Many are hidden in plain sight. What makes the idea so cool is, if one believes in ghosts, they aren’t just there in the night and they aren’t always making noise. Some just like to watch us. Creepy, I loved it. It’s one of the elements of the show that would make for a great maze.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, hgwy407 said:

PeoriaBJJ, be patient. The payoff is well worth it. To add some fun to watching it, keep an eye out for the hidden ghosts. Most episodes have at least one and some have as many as nine. Many are hidden in plain sight. What makes the idea so cool is, if one believes in ghosts, they aren’t just there in the night and they aren’t always making noise. Some just like to watch us. Creepy, I loved it. It’s one of the elements of the show that would make for a great maze.

Dude.... you are literally saying what my wife has been saying! Ok I'll start it up again tonight!!!

10 hours ago, BoSoxFan1022 said:

Murdy tweeted about how maze #5 was them stepping out of their comfort zone and that it was a risk.

What must it be....an original concept?

On 2/11/2019 at 6:20 AM, Legacy said:

AoV: Cyberpunk received the highest GSATs for a show in HHN history. It beat out every Bill and Ted. So, enough of the audience liked it for that to happen.

If this is true, I worry for the future of shows at HHN, and entertainment at the park in general.  Temper this with the fact that surveys included a higher than normal number of newbies there for Stranger Things.  They had no reference point for prior HHN shows.  I don't think anyone who had seen AOV: House of Fear would rate Cyberpunk higher.

But I am an old guy who sits in the park yelling at squirrels.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, zombieman said:

What must it be....an original concept?

If this is true, I worry for the future of shows at HHN, and entertainment at the park in general.  Temper this with the fact that surveys included a higher than normal number of newbies there for Stranger Things.  They had no reference point for prior HHN shows.  I don't think anyone who had seen AOV: House of Fear would rate Cyberpunk higher.

But I am an old guy who sits in the park yelling at squirrels.

I agree. I don't think they would solely do dance show for next 10 years. I mean they might had signed a contract for 4 or 5 years. mostly likely with the at will clause for the company to end their show for few reasons.