Halloween Horror Nights 29 Speculation

Mark M.

28 minutes ago, mystiquephreeq said:

Already came and went. The update was:

They are selling HHN shirts in the MiB store. 

This is huge. 

13 minutes ago, BoSoxFan1022 said:

Well that’s disappointing 

it's not disappointing.. It's taking the supply and demand upon the person who wants it and the company. 
it's saving the company at least 40% from buying hhn shirts on outsource market. 
I wanted to get one of those shirts and now, I can. 
 I skipped out on all the merch from last year due to lack of funds and lack of interest.

1 minute ago, mystiquephreeq said:

They have the Horror Ink shirts at the MiB store. 2 of them, it seems. 

Thank you, I found it as you were probably typing it.  Looks like designs are Pumpkin Guts and a horror movie mix-tape.

Interesting that of all the SS shirts they had, they are selling the Pumpkin Guts.

I'm sad they didn't have a Schittie's Kids shirt...

15 minutes ago, zombieman said:

Thank you, I found it as you were probably typing it.  Looks like designs are Pumpkin Guts and a horror movie mix-tape.

Interesting that of all the SS shirts they had, they are selling the Pumpkin Guts.

I swear, that bloody pic that dropped down was purposely timed for when I went through, without fail, on every run through. And like clockwork, I jumped a mile and swore like a trooper. Yet I still

went back again and again. Glutton for punishment! Haha

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Legacy said:

It was Russia.

I’m glad Russia shared a story regarding the passing of Dick Miller. He was such an iconic horror figure. :P

41 minutes ago, zombieman said:

Looks like the work of TwoTonTick to me.

I recognize this name. It creates feelings of dread. 

I don’t want to remember why...

17 hours ago, PeoriaBJJ said:

So it looks like Jason Blum is taking the reigns on the "Dark Universe" or whatever the hell they are calling it.... that would actually make the future Blumhouse of Horrors mazes interesting!

I got faith in Blumhouse taking the reigns of the dark universe.. they probably doing to extend their contract with universal because the second one in line for sequel is bride of Frankenstein..  yet it would mean they would be introducing Frankenstein and the bride within 50 mins or so then giving them 30 mins of conflict unless they scrapped that plan. 

On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 5:42 PM, zombieman said:

let's face it, it was one of my favorite rooms.. but they tried to hide it happened. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, littlegreenghouls said:

I got faith in Blumhouse taking the reigns of the dark universe.

Someone has to pick up the torch.  The landscape has consolidated so much that the mouse owns damn near everything and what they don't own is either irrelevant, owned by others looking to get in the game and keep it away from Universal, or - in the case of what Universal does own - getting very stale.    They need to create new resources.   I wouldnt mind if they went 8:2 OP:IP, but they will never go back to that because of the $$$.

25 minutes ago, Ueeediot said:

The landscape has consolidated so much that the mouse owns damn near everything and what they don't own is either irrelevant, owned by others looking to get in the game and keep it away from Universal

...Or are put out by A24 or Annapurna, and wouldn't draw the crowds necessary for an IP to be worth it.

Hill House ain’t happening. Time Warner/WB stuff ain’t happening. AHS ain’t happening.

So what they may have with Blumhouse is Happy Death Day again since Happy Death Day 2U is coming out, Halloween ‘18 May make an appearance, and of course the damn purge all in one. 

TV shows(well look at Purge and Stranger Things) IPs, Blumhouse was interested in rebooting Scream and I Know What You Did Last Summer.... but those won’t happen until HHN XXXI-XXXIII(if they are even out by then... if they even come out for that matter). So off the list.

Killer Klowns is a well duh. Hellraiser though the Weinsteins/Lantern own it but wouldn’t the original film not be an issue since it’s Anchor Bay? It’s possible but maybe. 

If there aren’t any shows? Then Can there be side shows in New York? Like something with the Chainsaw Drill Team or something like that?

2019 also expect by the end of the season a leaked Easter egg in a house with Jack and Chance or online. They both  will likely make a big appearance into 2020 as the icons. 

Originals: Slaughter comes back, and probably some new originals and some old friends. I have a feeling 2020 though Dungeon Of Terror will make a comeback somehow.

(Keep in mind this is late night BS, being made, i am not Universal or work for universal this is a bullish prediction so

dont take it as a “Dewey Defeats Truman” scenario) 

Sincerely, 

max 

Edited by Maxmoser

I would be really surprised if we don't get Hill House this year. It was a huge show that got a lot of people talking about it and it can be turned into a house pretty easily.

I don't think we will see many returning originals in the form of a sequel house. With HHN 30 next year, I see them holding back the big original sequel houses for that year and giving us new originals this year. Maybe we will see something Legendary Truth related this year to get the public aware of them again if they are planning on using them for the 30th. 

Originals have been getting more and more popular as the "new" general public crowd is starting to see how good they are. I could see this year being 4 IP's and 6 originals. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Maxmoser said:

Hill House ain’t happening. Time Warner/WB stuff ain’t happening. AHS ain’t happening.

Hmmm...

I'm not sure this is what you meant to say, but Hill House is not owned by Warner, it's Paramount which has existed at the event for years. If it's not that, the amount of money I have on Hill House is massive, it makes too much sense. 

Warner Brothers stuff isn't impossible at the Orlando HHN,  I mean, they're really competing with Hollywood for the most part, and if loaning out an IP to us means more money in their pockets (which it does) it'll work out. Not to mention, I can see Horror Made Here going under pretty soon. The only thing it has going for it are nice sets and the abuse of popular properties, and the latter only works so long with WB properties that they own entirely. Maybe not this year, but WB properties are due to return soon. 

As for AHS, again, it's a property that brings soooooo much cash to the managers that discussing a loan out for that property is always incredibly possible. That's stacks of cash in everyone's pockets. Though I won't count on it coming back till year 30. 

Edited by nebulaexpress

8 hours ago, Maxmoser said:

So what they may have with Blumhouse is Happy Death Day again since Happy Death Day 2U is coming out, Halloween ‘18 May make an appearance, and of course the damn purge all in one. 

TV shows(well look at Purge and Stranger Things) IPs, Blumhouse was interested in rebooting Scream and I Know What You Did Last Summer.... but those won’t happen until HHN XXXI-XXXIII(if they are even out by then... if they even come out for that matter). So off the list.

Killer Klowns is a well duh. Hellraiser though the Weinsteins/Lantern own it but wouldn’t the original film not be an issue since it’s Anchor Bay? It’s possible but maybe. 

If there aren’t any shows? Then Can there be side shows in New York? Like something with the Chainsaw Drill Team or something like that?

2019 also expect by the end of the season a leaked Easter egg in a house with Jack and Chance or online. They both  will likely make a big appearance into 2020 as the icons. 

Originals: Slaughter comes back, and probably some new originals and some old friends. I have a feeling 2020 though Dungeon Of Terror will make a comeback somehow.

(Keep in mind this is late night BS, being made, i am not Universal or work for universal this is a bullish prediction so

dont take it as a “Dewey Defeats Truman” scenario) 

Sincerely, 

max 

Pretty sure the Weinsteins are no longer attached to Dimension.

6 hours ago, Badge said:

I would be really surprised if we don't get Hill House this year. It was a huge show that got a lot of people talking about it and it can be turned into a house pretty easily.

I don't think we will see many returning originals in the form of a sequel house. With HHN 30 next year, I see them holding back the big original sequel houses for that year and giving us new originals this year. Maybe we will see something Legendary Truth related this year to get the public aware of them again if they are planning on using them for the 30th. 

Originals have been getting more and more popular as the "new" general public crowd is starting to see how good they are. I could see this year being 4 IP's and 6 originals. 

I hope you're right, but I don't think any of the originals at 28 got strong GSAT reviews. Stranger Things and Poltergeist dominated in that regard.

Edited by OhHaiInternet95