Halloween Horror Nights 29 Speculation

Mark M.

4 hours ago, Legacy said:

I feel like people are missing the obvious one...

https://www.google.com/search?q=Hysteria&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari

4 hours ago, BoSoxFan1022 said:

I don’t get it

3 hours ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

Me neither.

No idea if I get or got it either, but read the whole thing. Not just definition to the synonyms. The whole thing. 

1 hour ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

https://hhnunofficial.com/2019/01/24/hhn-helps-excellent-results-at-comcast/

So, given this news, I'm hoping they don't become MNSSHP 2.0, though I think it would be insanely profitable for them to do so.

I fear it will become the best of both world, I think the scare factor and over arching themes not mention icons are long gone. 
 They have tasted blood and want more, you think they going to give up their extra profits? 
 What's going to replace stranger things if they can't redo the it again? I hope they don't put all the eggs in one baskets.

Too many possibilities for each name at this point in time. 

Take Pit as an example:

Which definition are they using?

Pit can be a hole in the ground. If it’s a hole in the ground, is it a pitfall trap? That gives two potential interpretations for one definition. 

Pit can be a seed. A peach pit. That’s interpretation number 3. 

Pit can be a pockmark caused by disease. That’s interpretation number 4. 

4 potential interpretations just from the noun definitions. There’s verb definitions as well. 

Looking at last year’s codenames, some are straightforward and others are more vague. We will have to wait for more info to really dissect the names. 

Sidenote: No one’s offered one of the most obvious potentials for Dog. 

"Cry 'Havoc!,' and let slip the dogs of war."

EDIT: One more sidenote!

Cotton could link to Cotton Mather.  

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, mystiquephreeq said:

Too many possibilities for each name at this point in time. 

Take Pit as an example:

Which definition are they using?

Pit can be a hole in the ground. If it’s a hole in the ground, is it a pitfall trap? That gives two potential interpretations for one definition. 

Pit can be a seed. A peach pit. That’s interpretation number 3. 

Pit can be a pockmark caused by disease. That’s interpretation number 4. 

4 potential interpretations just from the noun definitions. There’s verb definitions as well. 

Looking at last year’s codenames, some are straightforward and others are more vague. We will have to wait for more info to really dissect the names. 

Sidenote: No one’s offered one of the most obvious potentials for Dog. 

"Cry 'Havoc!,' and let slip the dogs of war."

EDIT: One more sidenote!

Cotton could link to Cotton Mather.  

Image result for pit super smash bros ultimate

Also Pit

12 hours ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

https://hhnunofficial.com/2019/01/24/hhn-helps-excellent-results-at-comcast/

So, given this news, I'm hoping they don't become MNSSHP 2.0, though I think it would be insanely profitable for them to do so.

I don't share the concern about the event becoming MNSSHP 2.0 to try to increase profitability.  Stranger Things is the flavor of the month, and they will milk it as they did with TWD (which did not cater to the tweenies).  Fact of the matter is ST has a certain demographic and that demographic isn't into extreme gore, yet they tend to be shall we say, a bit sensitive.  So we saw an event devoid of anything remotely controversial (B&T RIP).  But the new generation of GP ate it up.  We also saw some of the best originals ever, along with an arguably GOAT Poltergeist that relied on classic scares.

I have no doubt that if the next flavor of the month is an extreme gore show, HHN will lean that way.  The kids that are coming for ST this year will be grown up in a few years with completely different tastes, and the event will evolve a bit to cater to whatever those tastes are.

This reminds me of when I started going to Vegas regularly back in the early 90s.  Excalibur and Treasure Island had opened and MGM had a theme park.  The regulars there said "That's it!  Vegas is done.  It's turning into Disneyland, Nevada."  Fast forward ten years and the theme park closed, Treasure Island became TI, and Timeshare went up everywhere.  The regulars said "That's it!  Vegas is done.  It's turning into a timeshare wasteland."  Fast forward to now and the city is catering to the quick getaway, with ads promising something naughty happening in Vegas, and staying in Vegas.  And I'm sure the regulars are saying "That's it!  Vegas is done..."

Personally, I think the changing state of IP holdings may result in HHN Orlando seeing a renaissance - the return of mostly original houses.  The GP have given huge thumbs up to recent originals.  IP is going to be harder to come by and maybe more expensive.  So maybe we will see a couple of big name IP and the rest Creative's original IP.   

Honestly, that the CEO touts Hollywood's HHN is troubling to me.  It seems to me that Hollywood has had budget constraints that resulted in HHN upping quantity while reducing quality.  Yet the masses are still coming (due to ST).  My concern is that Orlando will be told "Look what Hollywood is doing with less money, and your budget is 2x that of Hollywood.  Do the same thing with 1.5x the Hollywood budget."  And then we see Orlando houses filled with black walls and the same scare over and over.  I'm honestly shocked to see Hollywood continuing to do as well as they are, all while being roasted for the declining house quality.  I truly hope that doesn't spread to Orlando.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, zombieman said:

I don't share the concern about the event becoming MNSSHP 2.0 to try to increase profitability.  Stranger Things is the flavor of the month, and they will milk it as they did with TWD (which did not cater to the tweenies).  Fact of the matter is ST has a certain demographic and that demographic isn't into extreme gore, yet they tend to be shall we say, a bit sensitive.  So we saw an event devoid of anything remotely controversial (B&T RIP).  But the new generation of GP ate it up.  We also saw some of the best originals ever, along with an arguably GOAT Poltergeist that relied on classic scares.

I have no doubt that if the next flavor of the month is an extreme gore show, HHN will lean that way.  The kids that are coming for ST this year will be grown up in a few years with completely different tastes, and the event will evolve a bit to cater to whatever those tastes are.

This reminds me of when I started going to Vegas regularly back in the early 90s.  Excalibur and Treasure Island had opened and MGM had a theme park.  The regulars there said "That's it!  Vegas is done.  It's turning into Disneyland, Nevada."  Fast forward ten years and the theme park closed, Treasure Island became TI, and Timeshare went up everywhere.  The regulars said "That's it!  Vegas is done.  It's turning into a timeshare wasteland."  Fast forward to now and the city is catering to the quick getaway, with ads promising something naughty happening in Vegas, and staying in Vegas.  And I'm sure the regulars are saying "That's it!  Vegas is done..."

Personally, I think the changing state of IP holdings may result in HHN Orlando seeing a renaissance - the return of mostly original houses.  The GP have given huge thumbs up to recent originals.  IP is going to be harder to come by and maybe more expensive.  So maybe we will see a couple of big name IP and the rest Creative's original IP.   

Honestly, that the CEO touts Hollywood's HHN is troubling to me.  It seems to me that Hollywood has had budget constraints that resulted in HHN upping quantity while reducing quality.  Yet the masses are still coming (due to ST).  My concern is that Orlando will be told "Look what Hollywood is doing with less money, and your budget is 2x that of Hollywood.  Do the same thing with 1.5x the Hollywood budget."  And then we see Orlando houses filled with black walls and the same scare over and over.  I'm honestly shocked to see Hollywood continuing to do as well as they are, all while being roasted for the declining house quality.  I truly hope that doesn't spread to Orlando.

Like I said, I actually found 28 to be roughly equal in goriness to 27, despite 27 having a lot of very adult properties. #Pinhead2019

Even though I really liked DE2, Seeds and Sinema, I don't think the GSATs were very good for any of the originals. I could be wrong, though. I like the trend of 3 originals at 26, to 4 at 27, to 5 at 28.

I know that you said attendance at Hollywood was pretty flat in 2017, so there's reason for hope in that regard.

Edited by OhHaiInternet95
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Badge said:

SunshineFrights on Twitter mentioned a few minutes ago they are on their way to Universal for a special HHN update. Are they doing a press thing today to announce a house or something?

If they do I’ll be really shocked but who knows with them already announcing the dates a house anoccment May come sooner. 

15 minutes ago, BoSoxFan1022 said:

So you think it’s an announcement?

ST was announced on April 3 last year. So my best guess is around the same time for ST2, no way anything else will be announced first.

On 1/25/2019 at 1:39 PM, Legacy said:

#ComeSeetheSpooky

I am 90 percent sure this is a joke...I hope?

(If it is, it's a good one. New "big tent over US/IOA.")

Edited by OhHaiInternet95

7 hours ago, Fearlessferret said:

Could be announcing new prices/deals and how many ips

I could see them announcing something in February, I bet it'll be Stranger Things for both coasts and then ticket sales and stuff will follow to get people more hyped for the event, I mean what better way to kick it off by just having an announcement first and then everything coming into order and maybe a teaser like they did last year with the dates and the number of houses. 

Edited by HorrorUnearthed

Watched the first five episodes of Haunting of Hill House this weekend. Takes  a lot to freak me out with a movie or show, but this show does the trick. In terms of a maze based on the show, I'm not sure how it will translate. I'm sure the sets will be top notch, but you don't really see too much in terms of physical ghosts or monsters to fill an entire house. Maybe I just need to see the rest of the series first, but so far you have Abigail, the zombie in the basement, the bent neck lady and the floating dude with the cane. Is that enough to create an entire maze off of? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TheShape1031 said:

Watched the first five episodes of Haunting of Hill House this weekend. Takes  a lot to freak me out with a movie or show, but this show does the trick. In terms of a maze based on the show, I'm not sure how it will translate. I'm sure the sets will be top notch, but you don't really see too much in terms of physical ghosts or monsters to fill an entire house. Maybe I just need to see the rest of the series first, but so far you have Abigail, the zombie in the basement, the bent neck lady and the floating dude with the cane. Is that enough to create an entire maze off of? 

Episode 6 is the best horror thing I saw last year. It's just brilliant, and you still have the biggest scare of the season coming a bit further down the road.

• Like 2