Halloween Horror Nights 29 Speculation

Mark M.

Newbie here, but Aiello just tweeted about the house progress out of the blue... Nothing sticks out as being hints for potential houses/scarezones, but its still really cool to see how far along things are! (Using "starting treatment" in reference to house 7 could be a hint, or maybe I'm just reading into things too much, haha)

https://twitter.com/Michael_Aiello/status/1085699039033782272

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, sororitysacrifice said:

Newbie here, but Aiello just tweeted about the house progress out of the blue... Nothing sticks out as being hints for potential houses/scarezones, but its still really cool to see how far along things are! (Using "starting treatment" in reference to house 7 could be a hint, or maybe I'm just reading into things too much, haha)

233 Days till HHN 29 Ladies and Gents, and the speculations are still on fire! Hopefully, more updates come soon

I've always wondered about seeing more John Carpenter mazes come to the event, I mean it would still be cool to see if not They Live, at least have either Prince Of Darkness or In The Mouth Of Madness both of those films are really badass, so many things they could work with both of those films and also adding to those films as well, those would be big homages to Carpenter. 

16 minutes ago, PeoriaBJJ said:

https://hhnunofficial.com/2019/01/17/rumor-hhn-moving/

im sure it’s been discussed here. They move the Monsters Cafe if this ever happens!

That article is interesting considering the primary rumor regarding the 4th gate has always been creating a park that can rival the Magic Kingdom. A more family friendly park. 

Also, the trademark for Fantastic Worlds was discovered on 06/13/18 (5 days after it was applied for). Saying that individual leaked the name is ridiculous. 

18 minutes ago, PeoriaBJJ said:

https://hhnunofficial.com/2019/01/17/rumor-hhn-moving/

im sure it’s been discussed here. They move the Monsters Cafe if this ever happens!

I feel that HHNU's track record has been tarnished by their popularity. They may be getting more info from more sources, but they had a lot more misses than hits last year. Take everything on their site with a big 'ol shaker of salt.

(Note: Apart from that, I think Chris seems like a great guy. This isn't meant as a personal attack.)

• Like 1

Just now, StupidStupidDan said:

I feel that HHNU's track record has been tarnished by their popularity. They may be getting more info from more sources, but they had a lot more misses than hits last year. Take everything on their site with a big 'ol shaker of salt.

(Note: Apart from that, I think Chris seems like a great guy. This isn't meant as a personal attack.)

Fantastic Worlds name may be a miss. As I stated in my above post,  the trademark was discovered in June 2018. It was published for opposition in November. WB is opposing the trademark, and has currently been granted an extension on the opposition. 

Getting pumped with QA (hollywood) 

Quotes 

Announcements sooner than we think

Acquired an IP they've had their eyes on for a while

Getting a maze we've all been waiting for 

No walking dead zombies

No scare zone plans

Brand new ips to the event

Conjuring not happening 

Potentially a maze based on a lesser known favorite like trick r treat "some you might not even be thinking of"

A maze with snow

Properties 15-20 years old appearing

No 5 nights at Freddie's

No freddy or jason

No 3d house

Edited by Fearlessferret
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

17 minutes ago, Fearlessferret said:

Getting pumped with QA (hollywood) 

Quotes 

Announcements sooner than we think

Acquired an IP they've had their eyes on for a while

Getting a maze we've all been waiting for 

No walking dead zombies

No scare zone plans

Brand new ips to the event

Conjuring not happening 

Potentially a maze based on a lesser known favorite like trick r treat "some you might not even be thinking of"

A maze with snow

Properties 15-20 years old appearing

No 5 nights at Freddie's

No freddy or jason

So are you saying you know these things?

• Like 1

22 hours ago, sororitysacrifice said:

So this isn’t really being talked about...

I don’t know too much about Psychoscareapy, but from what I hear, I’m more than down if that’s what this means. I just don’t know what other kind of suggestion “house 7 is starting treatment” could be making as a hype phrase!!

3 hours ago, itsabee said:

So this isn’t really being talked about...

I don’t know too much about Psychoscareapy, but from what I hear, I’m more than down if that’s what this means. I just don’t know what other kind of suggestion “house 7 is starting treatment” could be making as a hype phrase!!

Psychoscareapy was actually what jumped into my mind as well, if that was in fact a hint and not just wishful thinking. I, however, also don’t know too much about Psychoscarepy. Anyone with more knowledge on it have any insight on a possible return? Or maybe another potential house idea Aiello was (hopefully) hinting about?

25 minutes ago, mystiquephreeq said:

Treatment is not a clue. Treatment is entertainment jargon. They are writing/creating the house. That’s what the tweet means. 

I mean, we don’t know it’s FOR SURE not a clue, and I was mostly having fun speculating and with so little to go on and such a long time until the event I’ll take whatever I can get, but I guess I’ll take your word for it. /shrug

5 hours ago, sororitysacrifice said:

I mean, we don’t know it’s FOR SURE not a clue, and I was mostly having fun speculating and with so little to go on and such a long time until the event I’ll take whatever I can get, but I guess I’ll take your word for it. /shrug

I mean Orlando is ahead of the game right now than Hollywood atm, which is not bad, both coasts will have their stuff together, I'd say give or take, our first announcement could be February, I mean maybe at the tail end of Janaury but probably for sure February, also Orlando isn't as cryptic as how Hollywood has been, Murdy has been very cryptic when he wants to be but Aiello and co. have been more into focusing on the event first and all other things come second unless something needs to go out when they need it out. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fearlessferret said:

I noticed he wen quiet. I got the impression he was retiring lol hurt ego

The Instagram page is still up lmao, hasn't been touched since February of 2017 lol, and I bet the twitter is still dead too, I guess the hype for them wasn't real, just trying to gain attention but only failed in the end. 

7 hours ago, sororitysacrifice said:

"Treatment" isn't a clue. It's the write-up for a house/zone.

1 hour ago, HorrorUnearthed said:

I mean Orlando is ahead of the game right now than Hollywood atm, which is not bad, both coasts will have their stuff together, I'd say give or take, our first announcement could be February, I mean maybe at the tail end of Janaury but probably for sure February, also Orlando isn't as cryptic as how Hollywood has been, Murdy has been very cryptic when he wants to be but Aiello and co. have been more into focusing on the event first and all other things come second unless something needs to go out when they need it out. 

Saying Orlando is "ahead of the game" is based on old rules. The event is starting earlier than ever and, if there are 12 houses this year, starting house 7 now may put them right on schedule or a little behind.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, sororitysacrifice said:

Actually, we can know for sure. 

A house treatment is like a film treatment. It is a piece of prose that is longer than an outline or synopsis. It is like a short story that describes the events and details of the house. Murdy from Hollywood uses the exact same term when referring to the creation of houses/mazes. 

EDIT TO ADD: Hollywood is on Maze 4 per Murdy. Orlando is on House 7 per Aiello. Comparatively, they are in the same place if Orlando house count remains the same. Hollywood only had 7 mazes last year. Each coast needs to create at least 3 more treatments. If Orlando is creating more houses this year, we are a little behind Hollywood. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Legacy said:

"Treatment" isn't a clue. It's the write-up for a house/zone.

Saying Orlando is "ahead of the game" is based on old rules. The event is starting earlier than ever and, if there are 12 houses this year, starting house 7 now may put them right on schedule or a little behind.

True, I just hope we don't have any cancellations in the matter you know, I hope they stick to the 12 houses, it would be a great treat this year and that we get a little more updates unless any leaks happen before then. 

14 minutes ago, mystiquephreeq said:

Actually, we can know for sure. 

A house treatment is like a film treatment. It is a piece of prose that is longer than an outline or synopsis. It is like a short story that describes the events and details of the house. Murdy from Hollywood uses the exact same term when referring to the creation of houses/mazes. 

Yeah I love how he talks about that in movies a scene just takes one take and it's done and onto the next scene but that doesn't work with mazes, they take time and you have to perfect it to make it work every single time a guest goes through the room, sometimes the challenge is met and sometimes there needs fixing, so he definitely treats the mazes like films and he's truly a director of choice for em lol 

• Like 1