Halloween Horror Nights 29 Speculation

Mark M.

12 hours ago, Legacy said:

JqGj4P.gif

I could see this as Hellraiser for sure. Other things too,  but with a character named Dante... could be hell related. Hell adjacent? 

Nevermind. 

Seeing it in context, gotta actually say Freaks. 

Edited by TheRobcat

3 minutes ago, TheRobcat said:

Yup. Tod Browning's Freaks

Freaks would be an interesting maze but could be set up very well, with either the layout of how AHS Freakshow was as a walkthrough or how Carnival Graveyard looked like, I could see them using some really good scenes like the Dinner scene and the Freaks on the attack and stuff, a lot of stuff to work with, how that film was controversial back then, its no way as controversial as some films nowadays so Universal shouldn't have a problem to bring it to the event. 

On 1/14/2019 at 12:47 PM, jorgito2001 said:

Several of you mentioned Strangers and Shaun of the Dead...YES PLEASE!!!!

I personally LOVED Strangers: Prey at Night, the wonderful 80s vibe. It made for a very fun night when we watched it and would LOVE to see a house!  It can even be one of the "loosely based on the movie" haunted houses like Freddy vs Jason..I just wanna see some Strangers action

Yeah I see where you're coming from, I could see them doing both films in one maze because there are a lot of materials they could work with both, starting us right in the middle of the action of the first film where the strangers are on the attack at the couple and then immediately change of scenery as we find ourselves in the second and at the little camp in one of the cabins and then leading to the store and the pool lodge and what not, it could work, they could nail each memorable scene after another, with each moment running to each member and then at the end be hit by all three as we exit the maze. 

On 1/13/2019 at 2:08 AM, Midnight Detective said:

Zdzislaw+Beksinski+polish+art.jpeg

I always thought it was inspired by this painting. I never got to experience it but even from video the video you can see how daunting it was 

Looking back that scarezone, I wonder what it would be like as a maze, it would have been really cool immersive, with the same story and stuff intact. they'd have something on their hands to use a future maze at least, I mean look at Dead Waters, it turned out to be such an amazing maze with an awesome facade, it would be great to have these stand in front of us as a beginning of a facade and smoke everywhere as we walk into our doom lmao 

54 minutes ago, HorrorUnearthed said:

Freaks would be an interesting maze but could be set up very well, with either the layout of how AHS Freakshow was as a walkthrough or how Carnival Graveyard looked like, I could see them using some really good scenes like the Dinner scene and the Freaks on the attack and stuff, a lot of stuff to work with, how that film was controversial back then, its no way as controversial as some films nowadays so Universal shouldn't have a problem to bring it to the event. 

i don't think it's the 1930s freaks, since there's hardly any material besides the ending to use. maybe for a silver screams like house maybe, but not a full house.

32 minutes ago, krazyhorrorkid said:

Are we concrete about the Usher being the icon for 29 or?

I don't think we're concrete on anything other than at least one Stranger Things house at this point. And probably AoV.

EDIT

I think maybe "Freaks" is Hellraiser after all. Could work for either, but Freaks may be too obvious? Also, Mystique made a comment and it could have been either further clue or herring. 

Edited by TheRobcat

2 hours ago, TheRobcat said:

I don't think we're concrete on anything other than at least one Stranger Things house at this point. And probably AoV.

EDIT

I think maybe "Freaks" is Hellraiser after all. Could work for either, but Freaks may be too obvious? Also, Mystique made a comment and it could have been either further clue or herring. 

I, rarely, supply herring. The question you should be asking is:

Was I hinting at how to solve the clue or hinting at the house?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, mystiquephreeq said:

I, rarely, supply herring. The question you should be asking is:

Was I hinting at how to solve the clue or hinting at the house?

I thought you were referring to the classic properties they can't use because of Disney and Warner Bros. That it's a bit more devastating than the developers first thought or something.

7 hours ago, zombieman said:

So we have these possibilities:

• The 30's movie Freaks
  • AHS Freakshow (dedicated house)
  • Hellraiser
  • Something else

Even for cult properties, the 30's movie Freaks would be so completely out of left field. I had never even heard of that movie until now. And FX is off the table. So Hellraiser is my best bet.

Edited by OhHaiInternet95

On 1/15/2019 at 2:19 AM, littlegreenghouls said:

I think could be strangers things or Belko experience? 

I finally watch the Belko Experiment. Good show! I enjoyed it! Now if it came to HHN it would just be another PURGE house set in an office building.

.... and FREAKS as a house.... you've gotta be kidding. As GREAT as that film is.... todays culture isnt gonna let that happen..... 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, PeoriaBJJ said:

I finally watch the Belko Experiment. Good show! I enjoyed it! Now if it came to HHN it would just be another PURGE house set in an office building.

.... and FREAKS as a house.... you've gotta be kidding. As GREAT as that film is.... todays culture isnt gonna let that happen..... 

Except the whole if they don't murder someone they die. 
 kind of removing the free will of the choice. 
More a story of survival.  
 In HHN 23 the over arching theme was Cabins in woods. Just saying.. nobody complained about having two cabins in the wood house.

• Like 2

On 1/15/2019 at 3:56 PM, zombieman said:

So we have these possibilities:

• The 30's movie Freaks
  • AHS Freakshow (dedicated house)
  • Hellraiser
  • Something else

I actually would be so down for a AHS Freakshow house. I thought both AHS houses were very strong and both are in my tops of all time. Although the AHS fever has died down and I don't see a reason why they would do just a specific season that was already included before....but for me personally I welcome the idea. As Twisty truly has become not just an AHS icon but a horror icon, even those who rank  Freakshow as a weaker season can't deny Twisty's draw. Also I guess just personally since my fiance just started attending HHN at 27 and missed the first AHS house it would be an opportunity for him to see that season again. Idk...maybe it is better left in my memories because I loved American Werewolf in London but its revival really dampened my love for the house as its revival was less impressive (and the worst and meanest house attendants I have ever experienced in my history of attending the event)...and I guess its possible for AHS to return for 30 anyways with three new seasons or some other combo house. 

58 minutes ago, Rikku said:

I actually would be so down for a AHS Freakshow house. I thought both AHS houses were very strong and both are in my tops of all time. Although the AHS fever has died down and I don't see a reason why they would do just a specific season that was already included before....but for me personally I welcome the idea. As Twisty truly has become not just an AHS icon but a horror icon, even those who rank  Freakshow as a weaker season can't deny Twisty's draw. Also I guess just personally since my fiance just started attending HHN at 27 and missed the first AHS house it would be an opportunity for him to see that season again. Idk...maybe it is better left in my memories because I loved American Werewolf in London but its revival really dampened my love for the house as its revival was less impressive (and the worst and meanest house attendants I have ever experienced in my history of attending the event)...and I guess its possible for AHS to return for 30 anyways with three new seasons or some other combo house. 

Yeah but that's the thing, the little mouse down the street kinda make sure things are going to be wonky for some ips to come to our event such as Alien or Predator and AHS it seems because it looks like we will not see Cult and Apocalypse come to the event which sucks, Hollywood have been doing the separate houses as we have been pretty much doing three houses in one. It seems like a really cool idea but Universal I don't think would take the chance to try and bring back AHS especially since now they have Netflix and Stranger Things.

• Like 1