Halloween Horror Nights 29 Speculation

Mark M.

Hmm? Julian Browning reference, I mean it would be awesome to see him return and that line up looks pretty sweet, I’m all in if these are the big four promotional ips for next year’s event. And the return of Treaks & Foons, it would be sick lol 

23 hours ago, littlegreenghouls said:

Within  St2. what? its going to be dart dogs( puppets)  and kids and ending mind fryer? 
 was second season less events that take place?

There’ll add a little more to it, give us a little more insight into the Upside Down because there is a lot of material and scenes they can replicate from season 2 that will very well 

13 hours ago, Fearlessferret said:

Idk if anyone mentioned this about overlord but they could give it the fallen treatment (totally Angels vs demons but not). I'd love to see that in next years line up. 

I haven’t seen it yet but after seeing many trailers and little teases of certain scenes by people, it does look like a perfect candidate for HHN, if not HHN could make their own take on the film in an original because they know how to pull it off almost to a t. 

11 hours ago, Maxmoser said:

Movies IP: NOES is 35 next year, and Halloween 2018 movie house.

original: sequel houses

spec: horror nights video. The why we love horror nights there’s a jack tattoo mentioned so maybe he’s back for 29 maybe... 

For the anniversary year though, I don’t think they would want to miss out on bringing back the Terra Queen, it was one of their biggest icon, Storyteller was in all honestly a promotional mascot but Terra Queen was the true icon of 15 and it would definitely have to be her to make her return to her throne at Terra Cruentas and rise HHN to new heights with a little help of the icons of the past as well you know. Nightmare On Elm Street would work but after the last two houses, what can they really pull off that they haven’t done yet. They did it back at 17 and they did at 25 showing the best of Freddy and Jason and then their clash, so I mean I would love it regardless but it’s been already done too many times, Hollywood has had the property for a long time so I could see it being brought back to Hollywood and having taking over their backlot or something as for Halloween 2018, it’s a hit or miss thing, too many cooks in the kitchen, and I could see it coming to 29 but if it doesn’t, it was well worth a try from universal you know. :) 

Too Bad we won't us or get out. 
 It's a great movie but it would weird to transfer into a hhn house. 
 I think it is something about race. 
  Recall 2014 voodoo zone? had a show element that show a voodoo queen killing a white person. 
 that is why I believe they cut back race and making things more generally 
 something about faith. 
 Same thing happen to 2017 with shirts.  your soul is requested. 
 half way through the event people got hurt again. thus, removed the shirts. 

I believe that if they did US or Get out and did the ads right. Do you know how many more new people would be coming into the hhn? 
 If get stranger things money for non beer and then you get more of general populations who do drink. that would something like 60% more people than last year.

1 hour ago, littlegreenghouls said:

I think it is something about race. 
  Recall 2014 voodoo zone? had a show element that show a voodoo queen killing a white person. 
 that is why I believe they cut back race and making things more generally something about faith. 

Official reason the Sacrifice was scrapped was because they couldn’t get the show to be short enough that encouraged crowd flow.

Conspiracy reason was guest complaints about how gory the show was.

Race wasn’t a consideration. If race was a concern, the show wouldn’t have made if off the drawing board.

And Jordan Peele has stated that “Us” has nothing to do with race.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Legacy said:

Official reason the Sacrifice was scrapped was because they couldn’t get the show to be short enough that encouraged crowd flow.

Race wasn’t a consideration. If race was a concern, the show wouldn’t have made if off the drawing board.

Yeah, in all honesty, it was packed the very few times I was in that area, I could barely see the show because I was in the back of the crowd most of the time but got lucky one night to get up to the front and see the full show and it was definitely cool, some people complained about the show when I was there but nothing to major, I mean what did they expect when you read the information and the title of the scare zone like come on lmao, and it never had anything to do with race so no way, US though I would love to see come to the event and hopefully be billed in The Horrors of Blumhouse with Happy Death Day 2 U unless we get something else waiting in the wings. 

6 hours ago, Legacy said:

Thank you for this clarification, Legacy. 

Let's move on, all.

• Like 2

I just hope we can finally get a Clive Barker's Hellraiser house, I mean it'd definitely be an amazing maze, a lot of things they can work with and it'd be cool to see if A&D basically take inspiration from the maze and use it for future originals they intend making in that style you know. Clive Barker's works are just a work of art and awesome backstories and amazing and sometimes confusing but they are really cool visuals, whether on film or in comics or just in details, I would love to see him work with Universal more. :) 

• Love 1

14 minutes ago, littlegreenghouls said:

Hellraiser is classic horror movie. I wish it could came sooner.

Universal would also tackle the first three films and not the other ones, no offense to the other ones but the first III I believe are the best ones, I mean they could also throw in Bloodline into the house because that'd be cool to add the outer space and ship effect from the movie but going into the house and being right in the middle of the action of the first film, The Cenobites are coming after us, Chrissie is trying to escape Uncle Frank gets torn in front of us, Christopher Young's score playing throughout the house, I mean it would be freaking sweet and just running into Pinhead at every turn as we go through just a labyrinth of hell. My mind is too fried right now to really make an original walkthrough lol, but hopefully when I wake up later I’ll try to come up with one lol 

Just recently saw the movie Hell Fest and although not really impressed the fact of someone following you around a haunted theme park such as HHN if done right could be a pretty cool thing. Though Universal doesn't give scare actors free reign to leave their zones 

• Like 1

Thinking about shows again. Love AoV but still wanted that comedy that left with Bill and Ted. If we get an icon next year would there potentially be more of a show revolving around them? If it was the usher maybe a cool cinematic of old and new horror mixed with his previous dialogue and murder scenes? I'm not sure what else they could do but just s thought. 

Another note, if AoV comes back what could their theme be? Loved the asylum but I'm always ready for old Victorian ghosts. I can only imagine how cool a mix of classical dance and hip hop would be. And the costumes of course. Again I guess it depends on the theme next year.

Anyone remember when they updated the website previous years to the new theming?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fearlessferret said:

Thinking about shows again. Love AoV but still wanted that comedy that left with Bill and Ted. If we get an icon next year would there potentially be more of a show revolving around them? If it was the usher maybe a cool cinematic of old and new horror mixed with his previous dialogue and murder scenes? I'm not sure what else they could do but just s thought. 

Another note, if AoV comes back what could their theme be? Loved the asylum but I'm always ready for old Victorian ghosts. I can only imagine how cool a mix of classical dance and hip hop would be. And the costumes of course. Again I guess it depends on the theme next year.

Anyone remember when they updated the website previous years to the new theming?

Hellfest already had a maze at Six Flags, I don't think Universal will tackle it. I mean Six Flags' looks sorta cool but it would have been a bit better here since Universal would put the whole thing in a decently big soundstage. 

as for AOV, I noticed they posted this Phantom Of The Opera-esque called The Phantom, I would love to see them bring this to the event, it looks really good, it's not a long video 

I could see making a story with this one like they did with the Cyberpunk one so that it could coincide with HHN for sure and as for the theming of the site, we might hear anything yet until possibly January or so. I mean they changed the theming better this year and last year, 26 was not so much interactive, not many of the websites have been more interactive than 21 or 23's websites, but I would love to do more of that in the coming years and bring back more to the sites like games and clues and etc. 

Edited by HorrorUnearthed

1 hour ago, BoSoxFan1022 said:

As someone who just expierenced the event for the first time last year, and only was interest after it started, I was wondering when you guys think we’ll get our first house announcement.

Stranger Things 2 at the end of March/beginning of April.

Edited by OhHaiInternet95
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, littlegreenghouls said:

Earlier then yesteryears, We are jumping the start date whole 3 weeks. 
 I think it would be by end of first month.  I would be shocked if it's stranger things then Blumhouse of horrors

Also, that hellfest house was a letdown to be honest from that video walk through.

Yeah I could see that, they’ll be very rando if something gets leaked though, how awkward some of the announcements were this year lol and the leaks on the Hollywood website, and yeah Hellfest would honestly be better at our event because if you looked at Carnival Graveyard, you could expect that type of experience for it.

9 hours ago, nebulaexpress said:

Aiello seems to be quite into video games from what I can see from twitter. Maybe Red Dead Redemption 2 will inspire him to bringing back Lightning Gulch next year or 30 as a house or scare zone? Now that I think about it, a Lightning Gulch scare zone would be fantastic.

It reminds of Hollywood’s scarezone Deadwood which was pretty much their Ghost Town type scarezone, it looked pretty cool  

I would love to see how we could do this zone at our event and also where they would put it too to keep the atmosphere alike to the mazes. 

On 12/22/2018 at 5:08 PM, littlegreenghouls said:

screens?   I don't see them  making giant creature for 3 seconds at the end of the house.

Well in the show, we see the creature more than a few times in season 2, I could see Universal doing something to see the creature up close and personal like Will did in the show and recreating the scene outside of the arcade hopefully as well near the end when the creature tries one last effort to make it through, the demodogs would be cool to see as well as they will definitely be featured a lot in the facility scenes and one of the scenes I can see them doing is maybe the elevator scene with the dead scientists and demo dog static figures with flashing lights to make it looks like they are moving, that would be an awesome effect but also knowing Hollywood they might save budget and use black walls to enhance the effects, since no Demogorgons are used much in this season and only the use of the Shadow Monster and Demodogs, I could see those being the only scareactors used next to Dustin, and a few others, scenes like the underground leading to Upside Down, Arcade maybe in the Upside Down, some scenes in the bath chamber, facility lockdown, Bob Newby's death scene by the demodog, I could see them using the An American Werewolf In London effect for this scene by having the demodog animatronic just ripping into the scareactors' chest and the scene in the at the end of season 2 when Hopper and Eleven are trying to seal the portal of the upside down which again I could see them using black walls in the last scene and the music bumped up louder with demodogs on each corner and finally either Hopper or Eleven before exiting. I feel like they are going to try to give it the same effect as the first house just trying to change up some stuff here and there you know. 

Edited by HorrorUnearthed

What if Universal does a netflix features house that would include the greatest moments from stranger things season 2, The haunting of Hill House, and The chilling adventures of sabrina? Kind of like horrors of blumhouse but hopefully they would make this one of the sound stage houses to do all 3 properties justice.

20 minutes ago, USHER6998 said:

What if Universal does a netflix features house that would include the greatest moments from stranger things season 2, The haunting of Hill House, and The chilling adventures of sabrina? Kind of like horrors of blumhouse but hopefully they would make this one of the sound stage houses to do all 3 properties justice.

don't forget black mirror.

4 hours ago, themazethinker said:

don't forget black mirror.

Black mirror is a very hard type of horror to convey as a haunt. Yeah a couple episodes could have scares like metal head and white bear, but black mirror has more in common with night crawler than the shinning. I think the best way to do it would be to bring back a sort of interactive repository type thing, and have black mirror’s staff make an original storyline 

Edited by Jediwhit82

7 hours ago, Jediwhit82 said:

Black mirror is a very hard type of horror to convey as a haunt. Yeah a couple episodes could have scares like metal head and white bear, but black mirror has more in common with night crawler than the shinning. I think the best way to do it would be to bring back a sort of interactive repository type thing, and have black mirror’s staff make an original storyline 

An interactive Black Mirror eh....?