Halloween Horror Nights 29 Speculation

Mark M.

I'm just watching Red Dragon wishing they'd do a Silence of the Lambs or other Hannibal related house. There are tons of movies that would make good houses. I feel like The Thing will always be on peoples list. I would also love more horror/thriller video game houses in the future as well. With their NINTENDO friendship... maybe we will get to see more after all. I do feel like with the rise of Netflix, Hulu and the like we will start to see more tv series. I mean, it gives them something to come back to every year (with new seasons). They've had great success with all of the shows... maybe except one... but I loved Ash Vs Evil Dead and AHS. 

On another note, I don't think what made the Chucky zone so fun would make a good house. I love this humor and craziness. Unless they had some really good one-liners I would rather see it as a repeat attraction or zone. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, USHER6998 said:

Hello im new to this forum and I was wondering if next year instead of Horrors of Blumhouse ch.3 what if universal teamed up with hulu like they did netflix and did a into the dark house! Kind of like slaughter sinema and H.R Blood' n Gutz.

I really enjoy this Idea cause it would have a icon for slaughter sinema. 
Something that would be more comical effect that could allow the features scene to be more darker? 
  I wish they could do more with Slaughter Sinema.

• Like 1

For a music house, Trans-Siberian Orchestra’s album Beethoven’s last night is about him going deaf and insane at the same time while trying to bargin and reason with various demons. It uses classical music with a rock style and would be awesome as a house. As for Nintendo, I doubt they would ever let it happen(since Nintendo doesn’t even use this game franchise for games)but a Metroid house would be incredible.

Edited by Jediwhit82
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Jediwhit82 said:

As for Nintendo, I doubt they would ever let it happen(since Nintendo doesn’t even use this game franchise for games)but a Metroid house would be incredible.

With how lucrative and friendly Universal and Nintendo's relationship has and will be, an HHN house with a Nintendo theme honestly makes sense. Especially since they've ditched their kid-centered audience since they know they most appeal to young adults lol. A Majora's Mask house where you travel through the creepiest bits of Termina? (Which is most of it.) A Metroid house where you're going through an abandoned facility overtaken by the Metroids with a Ridley puppet scare at the end? I could see that happening Year 30, but I'm not sure about 29. I would love to see a creepy Nintendo character alongside other properties in HHN merch though. Would be killer. 

Edited by nebulaexpress
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, littlegreenghouls said:

screens?   I don't see them  making giant creature for 3 seconds at the end of the house.

I could see one screen being used for the Stranger Things logo and maybe some screens used for the creature, it'd be interesting to see how they pull it off but I don't see them doing it any other way but that. I mean they could have like static figure like arms around us and have a lot of fog and lightning effects to make it look like their moving all around us sorta like it how looks when Will confronts it for the first time and takes him over. They could have static figure of Will on the ground while looking up we see The Mind Flayer you know, but I feel like they will end up being tempted to use black walls.

Edited by HorrorUnearthed

I'm not saying it will NEVER happen but I just can't envision an event that has a Nintendo House on one end of the park and Freddy Krueger on the other side. Whenever people speculate about the event getting "too kid friendly" I'm always thinking you know this is a event based on the concept of people dying right? On the other hand I could totally see Nintendoland getting some fun Halloween reskins (ala Nightmare before Christmas Haunted Mansion).

At the same time I never thought we'd have a Nintendoland in Universal so who knows. Right now you've got Kong with scares in the line on one side of IOA and Suessland on the other. If those mad lads at A&D want to dream up an event that's got Luigi's Mansion bringing the spooks next to some house where people are getting their spines ripped out I (A.) completely trust them to pull it off and (B.) would probably scream an equal amount in both.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, USHER6998 said:

Hello im new to this forum and I was wondering if next year instead of Horrors of Blumhouse ch.3 what if universal teamed up with hulu like they did netflix and did a into the dark house! Kind of like slaughter sinema and H.R Blood' n Gutz.

...Isn't Into the Dark Blumhouse anyways?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Midnight Detective said:

I'm not saying it will NEVER happen but I just can't envision an event that has a Nintendo House on one end of the park and Freddy Krueger on the other side. Whenever people speculate about the event getting "too kid friendly" I'm always thinking you know this is a event based on the concept of people dying right? On the other hand I could totally see Nintendoland getting some fun Halloween reskins (ala Nightmare before Christmas Haunted Mansion).

At the same time I never thought we'd have a Nintendoland in Universal so who knows. Right now you've got Kong with scares in the line on one side of IOA and Suessland on the other. If those mad lads at A&D want to dream up an event that's got Luigi's Mansion bringing the spooks next to some house where people are getting their spines ripped out I (A.) completely trust them to pull it off and (B.) would probably scream an equal amount in both.

It sounds like a cool idea, I just hope Nintendo are not like what Marvel did where they didn't want nothing to do with HHN, if Nintendoland works with HHN, that part of the park definitely has to be decorated Halloween themed, I thought when you mentioned A Nightmare On Elm Street, I thought you were talking about maze based off the NES game lmao, if they ever did a maze with Universal, this maze would be cool to have the sound effects and music with a little more darker tone you know lol XD but yeah I wonder how Nintendoland and HHN will be like coincide at Universal.

1 hour ago, DocNiktMarr said:

...Isn't Into the Dark Blumhouse anyways?

Yeah but I don't see them using it in a Horrors Of Blumhouse maze, it would probably be it's own maze, sorta treated like Trick R Treat and maybe AHS since it's a season based series you know, I could see them trying to do a best of each season, and I think Into The Dark has already finished right now and wonder if there is a second waiting in the wings, if there is, definitely would probably be on HHN's list of future projects to work with.

2 hours ago, nebulaexpress said:

With how lucrative and friendly Universal and Nintendo's relationship has and will be, an HHN house with a Nintendo theme honestly makes sense. Especially since they've ditched their kid-centered audience since they know they most appeal to young adults lol. A Majora's Mask house where you travel through the creepiest bits of Termina? (Which is most of it.) A Metroid house where you're going through an abandoned facility overtaken by the Metroids with a Ridley puppet scare at the end? I could see that happening Year 30, but I'm not sure about 29. I would love to see a creepy Nintendo character alongside other properties in HHN merch though. Would be killer. 

I love these ideas! Yes! Yeah I wonder what year they'd do it for, there would definitely have some big plannings to make it happen lol. I'd love to see a Ridley puppet scare, one of my favorites next to Mother Brain of course from, there would have to be an appearance from Mother Brain lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Midnight Detective said:

Luigi's Mansion house!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jediwhit82 said:

For a music house, Trans-Siberian Orchestra’s album Beethoven’s last night is about him going deaf and insane at the same time while trying to bargin and reason with various demons. It uses classical music with a rock style and would be awesome as a house. As for Nintendo, I doubt they would ever let it happen(since Nintendo doesn’t even use this game franchise for games)but a Metroid house would be incredible.

Something like they did with Nevermore The Madness Of Poe where Poe's going mad and you're going through the madness with him in every poem and stuff, it'd be really cool to see that happen and yeah that's what I was thinking, it's kind of like what Universal dealt with, with Marvel.

15 hours ago, Fearlessferret said:

I'm just watching Red Dragon wishing they'd do a Silence of the Lambs or other Hannibal related house. There are tons of movies that would make good houses. I feel like The Thing will always be on peoples list. I would also love more horror/thriller video game houses in the future as well. With their NINTENDO friendship... maybe we will get to see more after all. I do feel like with the rise of Netflix, Hulu and the like we will start to see more tv series. I mean, it gives them something to come back to every year (with new seasons). They've had great success with all of the shows... maybe except one... but I loved Ash Vs Evil Dead and AHS. 

On another note, I don't think what made the Chucky zone so fun would make a good house. I love this humor and craziness. Unless they had some really good one-liners I would rather see it as a repeat attraction or zone. 

I would happily take a SotL house. At first I thought it would be impossible to market (trailer) just because they likely couldn't show Anthony Hopkins' face (like in the marketing for The Shining), but then I thought of the trailer for DE2 this year, and showing newspaper clippings/reports and bodies of Buffalo Bill's victims could work.

Edited by OhHaiInternet95
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

I would happily take a SotL house. At first I thought it would be impossible to market (trailer) just because they likely couldn't show Anthony Hopkins' face (like in the marketing for The Shining), but then I thought of the trailer for DE2 this year, and showing newspaper clippings/reports and bodies of Buffalo Bill's victims could work.

Well the scenes in that house will be really killer to see, like the Asylum scene, the cell scene where Hannibal listening to the sweet music as the two officers lying there maybe for a jumpscare as well, the pit scene with Buffalo Bill, I know I'm not going in order but just suggestions and of course the black out scene when Buffalo Bill is stalking Starling through the house, some of really cool scenes could be replicated well.

3 hours ago, Fearlessferret said:

Maybe not a zelda or metroid house but a video game related haunt like an old arcade, or twisted versions of our childhood favorites. I definitely think that if it is coming to Orlando/Hollywood we will start to see more video game houses pop up. If not here most likely Japan. 

Well that's the thing, that would work and I wouldn't doubt them using the Arcade scene from Stranger Things in the maze, and the two mostly like candidates that you could see Hollywood and Orlando sharing is either A. Silent Hill or B. Resident Evil which the first one and only that came to the event was based on the film more than the game, if Universal was to bring back the franchise to the parks which would seem unlikely maybe Japan obviously will getaway with it, then they would probably do it based off the games, same goes for Resident Evil which Japan uses almost a constant as a scarezone which to me puzzles me in wondering why we couldn't get it as a scarezone because it work well by the Mummy area, the Universal Shop could be still the HHN shop just having the projection of the Raccoon City Police Department and some cars, Nemesis and Hunter and a multitude of zombies and boom it would work out well, as well as some key characters like Leon Kennedy, Chris Redfield and Jill Valentine or so and it would work very well as a scarezone, same goes for Silent Hill, they both have great experiences and immersive environments that if used  properly for a maze or zone.

Edited by HorrorUnearthed
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Legacy said:

Weren't people complaining about the event becoming "family friendly" a couple of weeks ago?

It's always fun imagine is all lol, I would never want to have the event be family-friendly, god no, please lmao but there are some things that make you just wonder and think what if you know lol, honestly I really wish Universal would bring back the Museum of Horror stuff that they did back then because seeing that stuff and hearing that stuff was really cool and it'd be so much more appreciated now than back then, I don't wanna see Universal become too pg, I honestly wanna see some bring stuff from the past, if not icons, bring some of the houses they had back then and not just for the anniversary years but just little nods here and there like they did with 26 with the return of Ghost Town and 25 with Shadybrook and 26 with Shadybrook now being taken over by Chance you know, definitely wanna see that than Uni going pg lol