Halloween Horror Nights 29 Speculation

Mark M.

1 hour ago, PeoriaBJJ said:

My inside sources have told me that TWD is coming back in a big way with the release of a feature film coming next year.

If walking dead comes back in addition to stranger things then I’m just going to...

go to every night I can anyways, I love this thing and have confidence that I’ll have a good time

3 hours ago, HHN Pro said:

No... Please... NO!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope it happens. I don't even like TWD, but I wanna see if it's the straw the breaks the fanboys' back.

5 hours ago, zombieman said:

TWD or Blumhouse.  Won't matter to me.  It will still be 9 good houses plus whichever of those is the throwaway. 

On the other hand, 8 good houses plus both of those.....that would not be good.

I'm okay with completely cheaping out on two houses to put a lot of budget into the other eight.

Edited by OhHaiInternet95

Anyone see hhn Hollywoods tweet?

"Here’s a couple of things I Googled today while researching/writing maze #1 for HHN 2019 at USH. 1) 1970’s carpet and wallpaper designs. 2). The music of Al Bowlly. Hmmm...what could it mean?"

My first guess was the Shinkng.but in the comments he  confirmed they wont be redoing that just yet. Obviously this would need to be a shared property for both coasts

2 hours ago, killswitch22 said:

Anyone see hhn Hollywoods tweet?

"Here’s a couple of things I Googled today while researching/writing maze #1 for HHN 2019 at USH. 1) 1970’s carpet and wallpaper designs. 2). The music of Al Bowlly. Hmmm...what could it mean?"

My first guess was the Shinkng.but in the comments he  confirmed they wont be redoing that just yet. Obviously this would need to be a shared property for both coasts

A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET!

The movie was released in 1984 but I'd bet dollars to donuts that the interior used 70's carpet and wallpaper (I'm reminded of Back to the Future, where they carefully used cars up to a decade or so prior because they knew all the cars on the road would be ones just recently released if they wanted to be accurate) just because of the houses they used. I highly doubt any if all the houses had 1984 fresh carpet and wallpapers.

Edit: After doing some googling I can confirm the wallpaper used in the upside down room (floral) and the stripped wallpaper were 1970's wallpaper design staples 

More importantly Did You Ever See a Dream Walking? was used in A Nightmare on Elm Street 2. Also in a fan film ‘The Confession of Fred Krueger’

I doubt it's relevant but other Al Bowlly songs include: "Sleepy Head," "Two Sleepy People," "A Dream of You," "Wrap Your Trouble in Dreams," "Sweetheart in My Dreams Tonight," and countless other songs. Seriously, this guy has A LOT of songs about dreams. Like 1/5 of his songs are about dreams

Edited by Midnight Detective
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, killswitch22 said:

1) 1970’s carpet and wallpaper designs. 2). The music of Al Bowlly. Hmmm...what could it mean?"

The Shining would 100% have been the obvious guess, but as you said, already been done so recently.

Rob Zombie's 31 used a Bowlly song in it's soundtrack and was set in the 70s, iirc. I didn't love the movie and a house would basically be RUN! set in the 70s, but it would fit.

Also thought of NoES as well, good call!

Edited by FaceBagman
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Midnight Detective said:

A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET!

The movie was released in 1984 but I'd bet dollars to donuts that the interior used 70's carpet and wallpaper (I'm reminded of Back to the Future, where they carefully used cars up to a decade or so prior because they knew all the cars on the road would be ones just recently released if they wanted to be accurate) just because of the houses they used. I highly doubt any if all the houses had 1984 fresh carpet and wallpapers.

Edit: After doing some googling I can confirm the wallpaper used in the upside down room (floral) and the stripped wallpaper were 1970's wallpaper design staples 

More importantly Did You Ever See a Dream Walking? was used in A Nightmare on Elm Street 2. Also in a fan film ‘The Confession of Fred Krueger’

I doubt it's relevant but other Al Bowlly songs include: "Sleepy Head," "Two Sleepy People," "A Dream of You," "Wrap Your Trouble in Dreams," "Sweetheart in My Dreams Tonight," and countless other songs. Seriously, this guy has A LOT of songs about dreams. Like 1/5 of his songs are about dreams

Good catch on NoES, that didnt even cross my mind. Its been forever since I've seen any of those movies.

I believe 31 takes place in '76 so that could be a possibility too. 

On 11/28/2018 at 3:38 AM, littlegreenghouls said:

Die in 2  was ring, scream, hellraiser and I think  something like freddy or Jason.? I forgot. I really enjoy Hellraiser and scream scene from that house. 

I would like to see some kind of Clive Barker inspired scare zone/ house maybe by shrek or  Central park / Kidzone.

All Night Die-In: Take 2 was Scream, The Ring (;)), Hellraiser, and Silence of the Lambs. The first and last scenes also included the Director.

• Like 2

On 11/28/2018 at 5:52 PM, RevFreako said:

I hope it happens. I don't even like TWD, but I wanna see if it's the straw the breaks the fanboys' back.

I’m not worried about it at this time I’m sure he is just doing his duty to be caught up with the program since he needs to be on top of the latest horror and since the property is of Universal interest, even if not coming back to HHN, he just needs to stay on it. So I wouldn’t be concerned. Either way if its just a house and not an overall theme that’s fine, we can handle that like 25 and 26 just as long as we never have to deal with an experience like 23 ever again.

31 minutes ago, Rikku said:

I’m not worried about it at this time I’m sure he is just doing his duty to be caught up with the program since he needs to be on top of the latest horror and since the property is of Universal interest, even if not coming back to HHN, he just needs to stay on it. So I wouldn’t be concerned. Either way if its just a house and not an overall theme that’s fine, we can handle that like 25 and 26 just as long as we never have to deal with an experience like 23 ever again.

He’s watching it because he enjoys it. That’s it.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, HHN Pro said:

HDD2U trailer is out and it looks pretty good. I really hope it gets its own house next year.

Currently, my IP prediction is:
Stranger Things 2

Killer Klowns From Outer Space

Chucky

Happy Death Day 2U

Horrors of Blumhouse 3 (Truth or Dare and Unfriended)

Hopefully an adult IP--Hellraiser plz!

I wonder if 2U could be a headlining IP if it does well. They traditionally have three "big" IPs on the marketing. This year it was ST, Poltergeist and H4. Last year it was AHS, Saw and Shining. ST2 and Chucky coming back would give them two. So would HDD2U qualify as a third? 

16 hours ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

Currently, my IP prediction is:
Stranger Things 2

Killer Klowns From Outer Space

Chucky

Happy Death Day 2U

Horrors of Blumhouse 3 (Truth or Dare and Unfriended)

Hopefully an adult IP--Hellraiser plz!

I wonder if 2U could be a headlining IP if it does well. They traditionally have three "big" IPs on the marketing. This year it was ST, Poltergeist and H4. Last year it was AHS, Saw and Shining. ST2 and Chucky coming back would give them two. So would HDD2U qualify as a third? 

Chucky was easily my least favorite part of last year....I still don't understand why people liked that zone and not Chance in Hell as it is basically the same thing. Anyways. People have talked about the complications of bringing either Chucky or Killer Klowns to house form so I am curious what they will do, however if they bring both to houses next year I'd kinda be let down as that seems like such a cop out and a trend I don't really want HHN to get in a habit of. I loved Trick 'r Treat and Killer Klowns was my favorite aspect of this year and would love to see them again....just like I said I just don't want it to become a habit...

I don't know about Happy Death Day becoming its own house...and I loved the first movie (hopeful for the sequel) and thought the HDD part of Blumhouse was good this year. But I guess its the same thing I was complaining about Chucky in that it would feel very recycled from this year and I am not pushing it to come this year...but understand if it does more so than Chucky or Killer Klowns. 

But with the trailer 3 days out and on at least just the Universal YouTube video it has just about 2 million views it seems like the franchise is well on its way to being a headliner and certainly within time should be considered from Blumhouse a top tier property like Insidious and Purge.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rikku said:

Chucky was easily my least favorite part of last year....I still don't understand why people liked that zone and not Chance in Hell as it is basically the same thing. Anyways. People have talked about the complications of bringing either Chucky or Killer Klowns to house form so I am curious what they will do, however if they bring both to houses next year I'd kinda be let down as that seems like such a cop out and a trend I don't really want HHN to get in a habit of. I loved Trick 'r Treat and Killer Klowns was my favorite aspect of this year and would love to see them again....just like I said I just don't want it to become a habit...

I don't know about Happy Death Day becoming its own house...and I loved the first movie (hopeful for the sequel) and thought the HDD part of Blumhouse was good this year. But I guess its the same thing I was complaining about Chucky in that it would feel very recycled from this year and I am not pushing it to come this year...but understand if it does more so than Chucky or Killer Klowns. 

But with the trailer 3 days out and on at least just the Universal YouTube video it has just about 2 million views it seems like the franchise is well on its way to being a headliner and certainly within time should be considered from Blumhouse a top tier property like Insidious and Purge.

I'm just saying, they don't have that many lucrative properties left thanks to Horror Made Here and Disney. I expect them to milk whatever they can out of the properties they have access to at this point.

20 minutes ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

I'm just saying, they don't have that many lucrative properties left thanks to Horror Made Here and Disney. I expect them to milk whatever they can out of the properties they have access to at this point.

Fair and true. I guess upon further reflection my point is that I just hope we don't recycle that many properties next year between Stranger Things 2, Happy Death Day, Killer Klowns, Chucky and whatever else could be re-used...the Purge? lol!!! It would just seem like a major rehash even though this year was amazing....ya know?

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Rikku said:

Fair and true. I guess upon further reflection my point is that I just hope we don't recycle that many properties next year between Stranger Things 2, Happy Death Day, Killer Klowns, Chucky and whatever else could be re-used...the Purge? lol!!! It would just seem like a major rehash even though this year was amazing....ya know?

Keeping fingers crossed for AT LEAST one of Hellraiser and Haunting of Hill House. Hoping they would be marketable enough.

In the end, we admittedly don't know much. How many properties last year were "sure things?"

2 hours ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

Keeping fingers crossed for AT LEAST one of Hellraiser and Haunting of Hill House. Hoping they would be marketable enough.

In the end, we admittedly don't know much. How many properties last year were "sure things?"

Ha well I don't live in Orlando or LA so I have no real connection to the parks other than what is posted on here so I have no clue lol! But the speculation is always fun. But do we have a definite no that Universal and Disney won't play nice at all when it comes to any of the horror properties Disney has acquired? I sure understand not sharing the Horror Made Here properties, WB is trying to get their name in the game. But like others have said 29 would be a great year to revisit Alien with its 40th anniversary. But also yes to Haunting of Hill House as Universal hopefully gained a good relationship with Netflix and HHN with Stranger Things this past year. However I think what Poltergeist showed me this year is that there can always be a property I won't be expecting that can make an appearance....shoot Poltergeist was so far off my radar that I wasn't even thinking of it in speculation/fantasy lists it was just so out of my mind. So I am hopeful we can keep fun and interesting properties rolling in with minimal repeats each year. Repeats/revisits will  happen I just don't want half of 28 in 29 again lol.