Halloween Horror Nights 29 Speculation

Mark M.

I doubt they’d do Scarecrow 2 or Hive 2, even though they were trailers before Slaughter Sinema. However, if they get a decent enough story and it made sense to bring back then anything’s possible. I really enjoyed both of these at HHN27 so if they were to come back I wouldn’t complain. 

I think Slaughter Sinema 2 would be on the cards at some point, but maybe in a few years time rather than next year. Again really enjoyed the original and would love to see a follow up. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, littlegreenghouls said:

I just want to want it be known that that I doubt we will get Halloween house next year.

Agreed. Think it’ll be saved for 30. 

I heard some funky rumours that Hellraiser may finally be coming for 29. There’s a tenuous link to “prove” it but has anyone else heard this? More than the annual “it’s coming” rumours I mean. 

4 hours ago, Drummanmatt said:

Agreed. Think it’ll be saved for 30. 

I heard some funky rumours that Hellraiser may finally be coming for 29. There’s a tenuous link to “prove” it but has anyone else heard this? More than the annual “it’s coming” rumours I mean. 

Seems to good to be true IMO. But we can hope.

I like the idea of another 3D house. 

I vote more of the houses should be originals, they were more memorable for me this year than the IP's were.

All artists and performers involved did a great job in creating the original houses. (The IP's were very well done also)

• Like 1

^I think it would depend on the IPs, for me at least. If they're good and unexplored or new takes on IPs, I'm all for more of them.

Hellraiser is one that I'd be curious about, but I ponder how the team would find enough variety in the original movie's scenery to create diverse rooms. There's a lot going on in 1 room of 1 house with chains everywhere. And most of what makes the film so memorable is the subject matter: psychological/psychosexual with pain/pleasure stuff that would be challenging to capture in a multi-room house. But again, after Poltergeist, I'm open-minded at the team's creativity.

Thinking about something last night: I feel like Channel Zero's material could be worked in best starting off as a Scare Zone. That's been a solid way for A&D to test the waters with other "less famous" IPs before giving them a full-blown house. Granted, Candle Cove & Butcher's Block would definitely be more adaptable to a zone than Dream Door (which would be challenging as anything but a house, I suppose). I could just picture the amazing costumes and scenery that the team could develop for Jawbone, Horace, Toothy Boi, and the whole Candle Cove cast of crazies. <3

3 hours ago, FaceBagman said:

Thinking about something last night: I feel like Channel Zero's material could be worked in best starting off as a Scare Zone. That's been a solid way for A&D to test the waters with other "less famous" IPs before giving them a full-blown house.

That's now officially known as the "Trick 'r Treat-ment".

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Rikku said:

While I absolutely loved Halloween 4 this year, one of my top houses, I really hope there is no Halloween at 29...it needs a break inbetween years at the very least hahaha!!!!

Well, the only appearance of Mike Myers we've had on an odd year was unofficially, back in 2003. ;)

Edited by OhHaiInternet95

1 minute ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

Well, the only appearance of Mike Myers we've had on an odd year was unofficially, back in 2003. ;)

Ah before my time. My first was Bloody Mary. So I have only have the three incarnations. I have enjoyed each but hate for it to reach TWD or the Purge status, although I don't think it will get there it will have breaks inbetween hopefully lol

6 hours ago, StupidStupidDan said:

That's now officially known as the "Trick 'r Treat-ment".

Saws and Steamer.

Saws and Steam was the first zone to become a house, between 2010 and 2011. If you’re going to honor the concept of a street becoming a house at least honor the original.

• Like 6

22 hours ago, Legacy said:

Saws and Steamer.

Saws and Steam was the first zone to become a house, between 2010 and 2011. If you’re going to honor the concept of a street becoming a house at least honor the original.

Thanks for coming up with a term for it.

So. Hoping we get some adult properties next year. Sucks that Haunting of Hill House likely won't be popular enough, and Hellraiser is a cult property. Seems like the common area between available, lucrative and adult is virtually gone at this point. :/

Edited by OhHaiInternet95

22 hours ago, Legacy said:

Saws and Steamer.

I think this is a bit different though. It’s not just a zone becoming a house.

I see the Trick ‘r Treatment as a slightly cult IP property (untested in marketing’s eyes) getting a lower budget buy-in as a scarezone. Then proving popular with the general public, and becoming a full fledged house.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, StupidStupidDan said:

I think this is a bit different though. It’s not just a zone becoming a house.

I see the Trick ‘r Treatment as a slightly cult IP property (untested in marketing’s eyes) getting a lower budget buy-in as a scarezone. Then proving popular with the general public, and becoming a full fledged house.

Untested market? Do you not recall the early trick r treat zone back in 2008? 
or 2012.. park wide. It basically tested market.  

24 minutes ago, StupidStupidDan said:

Untested meaning it’s an IP that they’d have to pay to use, but they’re not sold on the pillbox actually caring about it

Except, they’re already paying for the rights to use it in the streets. The cost between using an IP for a “cheap” for a zone or a house is marginal, in the grand scheme of things.

Its actually CHEAPER to bring an IP back, even as a house, because so much of the creative development is done and established.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Legacy said:

Except, they’re already paying for the rights to use it in the streets. The cost between using an IP for a “cheap” for a zone or a house is marginal, in the grand scheme of things.

Its actually CHEAPER to bring an IP back, even as a house, because so much of the creative development is done and established.

Any Ip is cheaper to do again and again because they already have the  most of the costumes and mask molds or props. 

I am just waiting for them to do scream because it would pretty decent. 
 I mean you remember when they did all night die in? they didn't have the rights for all those characters.

21 hours ago, littlegreenghouls said:

Any Ip is cheaper to do again and again because they already have the  most of the costumes and mask molds or props. 

I am just waiting for them to do scream because it would pretty decent. 
 I mean you remember when they did all night die in? they didn't have the rights for all those characters.

Would be down for all four of the properties featured in Die-In to get their own houses.