Halloween Horror Nights 29 Speculation

Mark M.

1 hour ago, krazyhorrorkid said:

FNaF ain't happening. Scott has only a "Rough script" at the moment for the film. Plus, pretty sure he is still associated with Fright Dome in some way, but im not too sure.....

As he states things to his Steam community, it looks like he just wants to focus on the movie and little side projects at the moment and not his property at the event. Unless you think a HHN house is a side project xD

As for what I think is gonna be at the event this year....

Halloween (2018) - Made money, broke records, Blumhouse property. What else do I have to say?

Miramax. The same thing that kept it from happening at 28.

23 hours ago, Tman875 said:

In case everyone forgot....Chucky has already had a house with demented toys. It wasn't super popular or well liked. I don't know why they would try another one.

People probably said the same about a couple of movies in the franchise too lol

3 hours ago, krazyhorrorkid said:

Silence of the lambs- This would be a good PG-13 house to use. We have seen this type of format the past few years, like with The Shining and Poltergeist. And for people stating this wouldn't translate well, dig through last years topic someone made a house map thing. (Idk what you guys call them) 

I think the best route to turn SotL into a full house would be using an approach similar to "Through the Mind of Norman Bates", a meta house that delves into Mr. Lecter's thoughts. Would also let them go all-out with gore for 1 house, or still keep it reserved if need be. The potential is sort of limitless there. 

11 minutes ago, Legacy said:

It’s owned by Disney.

That’s the deal.

It's been speculated before, but does Disney's nabbing of 20th Century Fox take their horror movies off the table as well? Eg: the Alien and Predator franchises, Wrong Turn, and The Fly?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Legacy said:

It’s owned by Disney.

That’s the deal.

Sometimes Disney and WB piss me off because it feels like they are holding all these great properties hostage from us ever getting them at HHN. I think one day we can hopefully sort something out with both of them, whether it being buying the whole property for other reasons besides HHN or paying big bucks for them, but untill then we are kind of left with table scraps. :(

Not saying table scraps are all bad xD

• Like 2

1 hour ago, krazyhorrorkid said:

Sometimes Disney and WB piss me off because it feels like they are holding all these great properties hostage from us ever getting them at HHN. I think one day we can hopefully sort something out with both of them, whether it being buying the whole property for other reasons besides HHN or paying big bucks for them, but untill then we are kind of left with table scraps. :(

Not saying table scraps are all bad xD

....or HHN goes back to all originals - which would be a great thing.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

16 hours ago, Legacy said:

It’s being considered.

Yes. Twelve houses are being considered.

12 houses, eh?

-Soundstage 21

-Soundstage 22

-Soundstage 24B

-Soundstage 24A

-Fast & Furious Slow & Boring Extended Queue (..?)

-MIB Tent

-Sprung Tent 2

-Sprung Tent 1

-New Parade Building

-Parade Building

-New Tent behind gate that parade starts at (?)

-Shrek 4D Theater 2

29 minutes ago, HHN Pro said:

12 houses, eh?

-Soundstage 21

-Soundstage 22

-Soundstage 24B

-Soundstage 24A

-MIB Tent

-Sprung Tent 2

-Sprung Tent 1

-New Parade Building

-Parade Building

-Shrek 4D Theater 2

As many as 3 locations from last year won’t be available.

In other words, there can be as many as 5 new locations.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Legacy said:

As many as 3 locations from last year won’t be available.

In other words, there can be as many as 5 new locations.

Dang... Uh... 

The 3 Removed Locations..?:

-Soundstage 25

-New Parade Building

-Shrek 4D Theater 2

Carnage warehouse

2 houses in Jurrasic park. The facility that housed Fear Factor in 12 might be gone due to Kong.

Popeyes? I assume these would be used if it went to 2 parks

I know that's what were used when they did it back in islands. I'd be shocked if 25 wasn't used. You can get there through Suess if I remember correctly. Save queue space at studios for a ss21 house.

Houses removed should be new and old parade buildings  and shrek if constructions and refurb goes as planned. 

Edited by killswitch22
  • Like 1

Someone on Facebook has already made a full-on speculation map:

Halloween Horror Nights XXIX: End of the World

Houses

Slaughter Sinema: Director's Cut - Soundstage 21

Stranger Things 2 - Soundstage 22

Dead Waters: Black Tide - Soundstage 24B

The Haunting of Hill House - Soundstage 24A

Halloween - Tent 3

Killer Klownz from Outer Space 3D - Sprung Tent 2

Frostbite - Sprung Tent 1

Seeds of Survival - New Parade Building

The World's End - Parade Building

The Four Horsemen: Reign of Terror - Shrek 4D Theater 2

Scare Zones

The Gateway - Plaza of the Stars

Vamp 2K - New York

Zombies - South Street

The Simpson's Treehouse of Horror - Springfield

Silent Hill - Central Park

Classic Monsters - Hollywood

Show

Academy of Villains: Revenge

Edited by HHN Pro
  • Love 1

Seems to me that going dual park into IOA is the easiest path to 12 houses, esp if USO may lose locations.

I mean, what if the thought was USF was going to lose FF, MIB (Blumhouse) and the two tents?

In IOA they have:

the now empty (yet standing) Sindbad theater - new home for AoV?

Ample space in and around Poseidon's Fury - maybe two houses?

Discovery Center

Carnage warehouse - seems unlikely they would open that half of the park for just one house.  Is there enough room behind Hulk for a tent and queue?  On Google Maps it looks like there is.

"Losing" a USF location could imply moving the tent (or tents) elsewhere.

So going into IOA but not all the way to Carnage could be a wash of the three locations lost in USF.

So what about other new locations?

Could the second Shrek theater be used if they used the whole alley between Monsters Cafe and Shrek for queue?

Seems to me that F&F has way more queue than is actually needed.  That should be able to easily become a house.

Another idea - if you look at Google Maps, it looks like the two tents are part of a massive empty-ish space (from tents to corner of Backlot Dr).  Could they not clear that a bit and build 4 more tents in that area with ample queues?    Doing that could allow them to repurpose or demolish Shrek and close Blumhouse location.  You'd have 4 SS houses on one side of the park, 6 tents and 2 backstage buildings on the other side.  They wouldn't even need to go into IOA.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, zombieman said:

Seems to me that going dual park into IOA is the easiest path to 12 houses, esp if USO may lose locations.

I mean, what if the thought was USF was going to lose FF, MIB (Blumhouse) and the two tents?

In IOA they have:

the now empty (yet standing) Sindbad theater - new home for AoV?

Ample space in and around Poseidon's Fury - maybe two houses?

Discovery Center

Carnage warehouse - seems unlikely they would open that half of the park for just one house.  Is there enough room behind Hulk for a tent and queue?  On Google Maps it looks like there is.

"Losing" a USF location could imply moving the tent (or tents) elsewhere.

So going into IOA but not all the way to Carnage could be a wash of the three locations lost in USF.

So what about other new locations?

Could the second Shrek theater be used if they used the whole alley between Monsters Cafe and Shrek for queue?

Seems to me that F&F has way more queue than is actually needed.  That should be able to easily become a house.

Another idea - if you look at Google Maps, it looks like the two tents are part of a massive empty-ish space (from tents to corner of Backlot Dr).  Could they not clear that a bit and build 4 more tents in that area with ample queues?    Doing that could allow them to repurpose or demolish Shrek and close Blumhouse location.  You'd have 4 SS houses on one side of the park, 6 tents and 2 backstage buildings on the other side.  They wouldn't even need to go into IOA.  

Dont forget the toon lagoon theater if they were to expand the event past JP

The Ips so far I think I could see coming next year:

Stranger Things 2 - Obviously with the many big nights its sold for the event this year and a lot of ideas it helped Universal bring to the event to continue their 80s horror thon which was awesome, the house really surprised me with the few runs I had with it, I wouldn't mind seeing what awesome moments they'd pick from season 2.

Killer Klowns From Outer Space - definitely an all time fun scarezone, not once have I been through the scarezone without it being packed, the clowns were amazing, re-enacting some cool moments from the film, this film has to get the same treatment as Trick R Treat and go from screen to zone to full blown house.

Hellraiser - Universal missed the opportunity to bring it to the event but hopefully they bring it for 29 or somewhere down the line because it would have made such a perfect film at this year's 80s themed event not to mention if this maze was to happen and Universal could gain some kind of friendship with Clive Barker, it would kinda be cool to see Clive Barker help Universal with some original ideas for mazes.

A Chucky Maze - Based off the Revenge Of Chucky scarezone this year since it also has gotten scarezone of the year, I could see Universal tackle it. Since Chucky hasn't been used as much for a house since 2009, it would be awesome to see him back in a scarezone and return to the Good Guys factory and see some memorable scareactors from the streets to make their presence back into the house.

Halloween 2018 -  If this year we had Halloween 4: The Return Of Michael Myers come to the event, I feel like Universal will not continue the other Halloween films and bring Halloween 2018 because the movie was definitely awesome and there is a lot they could work with for a house, I could see them starting off right in the middle of the action where Michael has just gotten out of the bus and there returning to Haddonfield, The Strodes house and etc. I could see Michael popping from everywhere and even having an older Laurie Strode with her shotgun and having moments of being in the middle of their fight while Michael tries to stab us but Laurie pops out and shoots him back, sorta like how they pulled it off the few times they had Loomis shoot Michael back or the guy in the Halloween 4 house who's playing Grady.

Blumhouse Of Horrors Chapter III - I honestly feel like Universal is going to bring Happy Death 2 U and try to put either The Gallows or maybe featuring Unfriended and Truth or Dare, on the account that they had done it last year, When we had Purge, Sinister and Insidious and Hollywood had Happy Death Day, Sinister and Insidious, I could see us having Unfriended and Truth Or Dare especially since the new film Unfriended Dark Web has already come out Blu-ray this year, I honestly wish we could also have a better facade, I mean the first Blumhouse of Horrors had an awesome, interactive facade, this year's seemed just there and not much to really get you hyped to experience the house, I really wish they would give us the Theater facade that Hollywood has, I mean yes, it looks like we had copied it but with some original things they could use the facade, I think it would be better than the way it used in Hollywood. I also wonder if we are also going to have The Girl which a third section in the Hollywood's version of Blumhouse which was based of the girl featured in Blumhouse Productions intros before every film. I would love to see that featured in the house and see how Orlando could manage with it as well as with the other two ips, I know some people like em or don't like em, I would just like to see Universal do it better and recreate the films better in house form than in movie form if that makes sense.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RevFreako said:

This will never happen.

I WOULD give a sad face reaction to that, but Poltergeist was one of the three best this year and I really enjoyed my one run through Stranger Things. Even Trick 'r Treat, with which I was disappointed, was by no means a bad house.

Does anyone know how the originals stacked up against the IPs in terms of guest satisfaction ratings? I feel like this year benefitted from having the most since 21.

Edited by OhHaiInternet95
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, zombieman said:

Never is a very long time.  It happened in 2010.

I will take you to the Chef's Table at VnA if they ever do a year with no IP houses.

On 11/6/2018 at 2:55 PM, HHN Pro said:

12 houses, eh?

-Soundstage 21

-Soundstage 22

-Soundstage 24B

-Soundstage 24A

-MIB Tent

-Sprung Tent 2

-Sprung Tent 1

-New Parade Building

-Parade Building

-Shrek 4D Theater 2

They would never have a Tent behind the gate where the parade starts because SuperStar Parade Steps off there during the day.

13 minutes ago, OrangeRyan said:

They would never have a Tent behind the gate where the parade starts because SuperStar Parade Steps off there during the day.

I should've been more specific. I meant more off to the side, out of the way of the floats. And once the parade is done for the day, they can quickly set up the queue line.

10 minutes ago, HHN Pro said:

I should've been more specific. I meant more off to the side, out of the way of the floats. And once the parade is done for the day, they can quickly set up the queue line.

That wouldn't work as well, because if it's to the side (and side as in the left side if you are facing the gate) that is the operations set up area things and store certain cart things. Then if you mean towards the right, there is a building right there where Entertainment (including Scareactors for the streets) breaks.

Sorry to be a debbie downer for that idea, but I'm an Entertainment TM and know that back area very well.

Let's see...Stranger Things seasons 2 & 3 is more-or-less guaranteed...

Beyond that, a house based on It?  Seems like an obvious choice, to the point that I'm a bit surprised they didn't include it this year.

I would love a Killer Klowns house, myself. And it ought to be more than feasible given what Uni has pulled off in the past.

I somewhat doubt we'll see anything too self-referential. They'll more than likely save that for the 30th anniversary.  

6 minutes ago, Dr. Phibes said:

Let's see...Stranger Things seasons 2 & 3 is more-or-less guaranteed...

Beyond that, a house based on It?  Seems like an obvious choice, to the point that I'm a bit surprised they didn't include it this year.

I would love a Killer Klowns house, myself. And it ought to be more than feasible given what Uni has pulled off in the past.

I somewhat doubt we'll see anything too self-referential. They'll more than likely save that for the 30th anniversary.  

As far back as last November, they had It. Then WB pulled the plug because of Horror Made Here. So I think we have about as good a chance of seeing all originals as we do of It.

3 minutes ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

As far back as last November, they had It. Then WB pulled the plug because of Horror Made Here. So I think we have about as good a chance of seeing all originals as we do of It.

Ah. I thought I remembered hearing rumors that It would be there. Thought I was just misremembering. All the same, if Uni is sufficiently motivated to grease those wheels, I'm sure they could make it happen.