Halloween Horror Nights 29 Speculation

Mark M.

57 minutes ago, Ueeediot said:

The scare zone was nothing more than a Selfie/Instagram  zone.  I am not exaggerating about seeing a family bring their 1 year old to the event to get pictures with clowns.

On this note, I don’t think there’s anything wrong with people being comfortable enough to take pictures in the zones. I watched several children actively reach away from their parents in order to interact with the klowns, implying thst they weren’t just brought there specifically to pose with them; they wanted that. They seemed to have fun dancing and touching the klowns (when invited to - Shorty stuck out his boxing glove knowing that the kid was curious), and that’s okay. I think it’s important to avoid elitism with the event and just roll with the idea that if taking photos is fun, whether a child or an adult is the subject, then the event achieved its goal of being a form of entertainment.

That being said, zones are more accessible for those seeking a less frightening experience, like parents with kids. Houses with their long lines, then, should be entirely reserved for the actually frightening parts of the event if the zones aren’t all terrifying. IMO, Poltergeist followed through, Stranger Things did not; the balance of fear vs. aesthetic wasn’t achieved in the latter case. Killer Klowns would be a decent humor house based on the idea alone, but it definitely would retract from the middle H of Halloween Horror Nights. I think that the 80s theme sort of required that silliness and steering away from entirely dark ideas, but we should get past that by now. The Klowns just don’t feel scary enough to be in a house, instead feeling too welcoming, especially after this year’s event. I dunno.

1 hour ago, Jediwhit82 said:

Five nights at Freddie’s would make an excellent house though, ignoring the demographics it would bring in, if you just take the concept by itself, a house in an abandoned Chuck E. Cheese with disturbing imagery, dead children, and lots of use of puppets would be great

Totally respect that. Though I think about people commenting that the Klown outfits would be too cumbersome for a house, and I can't help but feel the characters from FNaF would present the same obstacles. Maybe I just don't know enough about the mythos to understand what other things actors could be dressed as or how different all the rooms could really be.

1 hour ago, Ueeediot said:

There is absolutely nothing scary about it.  The movie was never intended to be scary and there would be no scares at all in a tent.

This pretty much describes Slaughter Sinema, yet it was my favorite house of the year. I haven't really found any movie or haunt attraction "scary" since I was a wee child though; I'm more into horror as much as I am for the creativity, intrigue, and entertainment of it all. Different strokes for different folks, I suppose. 

I certainly agree with you that the Scare Zone was weak af though. Great, accurate costumes and a couple of playful actors, nothing more.

1 hour ago, Ueeediot said:

In a KK tent, You'll just be watching the movie in the maze. 

This was my reaction to what footage I've seen of the Saw mazes from years past, tbh. I personally think that Klowns has room for some outside-the-box thinking much the same way that Poltergeist wound up surprising me with the creative liberties taken. I don't find anything in Poltergeist particularly frightening, even the clown. But the immersive experience that the creative team provided really showed their passion for the film, and I feel like certain members of that team have seemed just as passionate about Killer Klowns as well.

Again, I'm not a big fan of turning it into a house either. But knowing how beloved it was by Aiello & friends, I'm being somewhat grounded talking about what their vision could be for next year. 

Now for ST2, beats me how they could possibly turn that into a house and that worries me. The Mind Flayer is just so monumentally big that no trick I could think of would truly simulate it's presence. 

here's how i think st2 would be for a house

facade [arcade where it'll switch from normal to upside down]

scene 1 [ town area where a mind flayer projection will be there as a distressed "will" in ghostbusters outfit will be staring at it]

scene 2 [ room in fog where it simulates us being possessed by the mind flayer. a possessed "will" will scare us]

scene 3 [ dustin's bedroom where the demo-cat dart will scare.it will sorta be like the facehugger puppets in avp.]

scene 4 [ junkyard with steve with his spiked bat, demo-dogs will come out for scares]

scene 5 [ pumpkin patch with rotting pumpkins. "will" will be there on the floor writhing, a hazmat guy will come for a scare]

scene 6 [ tunnels where a hopper will be inside the floor covered in vines. multiple water effects will be in the walls]

scene 7 [ tunnels again but agents will come out but get dragged away by demo-dogs. a animatronic demo-dog will come out at the end]

scene 8 [ lab hallway with demo-dogs eating scientists in a eleavator]

scene 9 [ boiler room with air being sprayed at us from pipe. demo-dog will pop out again]

scene 10 [ lab hallway where bob will sneak out of the closet. a audio trigger of a mop falling will play as a demo-dog will attack us]

scene 11 [ bob's death as multiple demo-dogs eat him alive. it will sorta be like noah's death scene in the walking dead 2015 haunt. hopper will pop out with a gun trying to shoot them off]

scene 12 [ shed scene where "will" will be strapped down on the chair telling us to let him go in a demonic voice]

scene 13 [ byer's living room with all the drawings. a demo-dog will be thrown at the window by eleven.]

scene 14 [ hopper's cabin with "wills" exorcism. he will be there trying to strangle joyce, nancy will come out with a fire poker]

scene 15 [ the gate where eleven is there trying to close it. a giant animatronic mind flayer hand will pop out of the hole as multiple demo-dogs will come out from the wall]

scene 16 [ school facade where a giant mind flayer will be above. a demo-dog will come out for a final scare]

• Like 2
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, itsabee said:

Honestly, while Killer Klowns WAS super popular, I really can’t see it translating well into a house.

Poltergeist has erased this thought from my mind.  Never again will I doubt A&D ability to translate just about any idea into a great house. 

As for a horror movie that I wouldn't mind seeing become a house: Terrifier

It would sure bring back the gore factor in spades.

But for 2019, the last thing I want to see is Blumhouse 3 or any mention of Purge.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Jediwhit82 said:

Five nights at Freddie’s would make an excellent house though, ignoring the demographics it would bring in, if you just take the concept by itself, a house in an abandoned Chuck E. Cheese with disturbing imagery, dead children, and lots of use of puppets would be great

Seriously, if it weren't for that, I'd be all for it. Also wouldn't be anywhere near as hated a property.

Stranger Things 2 is significantly more horror oriented than the first season.

Edited by OhHaiInternet95

Alright, after reading some of the comments on this thread and seeing of how Mike Aiello said to expect us to see more 80's houses...

99% Chance-of-being-Wrong Speculation Map!

Stranger Things 2 - Soundstage 22

Slaugther Sinema II - Soundstage 24B

Mutants - Soundstage 24A

A Nightmare on Elm Street - Soundstage 25

Happy Death Day 2U - Tent 3

Leave It to Cleaver 2: Revenge of the Barber Chop - Sprung Tent 2

Chucky: Curse of the Cult - Sprung Tent 1

H.R. Bloodengutz Presents Holidays of Horror: Episode 2 - New Parade Building

Silver Screams: A New Reel - Parade Building

Killer Klownz from Outer Space 3D - Shrek 4D Theater 2

Edited by HHN Pro
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, HHN Pro said:

Alright, after reading some of the comments on this thread and seeing of how Mike Aiello said to expect us to see more 80's houses...

99% Chance-of-being-Wrong Speculation Map!

Slaugther Sinema II - Soundstage 24B

Mutants - Soundstage 24A

A Nightmare on Elm Street - Soundstage 25

Leave It to Cleaver 2: Revenge of the Barber Chop - Sprung Tent 2

Chucky: Curse of the Cult - Sprung Tent 1

H.R. Bloodengutz Presents Holidays of Horror: Episode 2 - New Parade Building

Silver Screams: A New Reel - Parade Building

Killer Klownz from Outer Space 3D - Shrek 4D Theater 2

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, zombieman said:

Is it just me, or would anyone else prefer to see a Schittie's Kidz house over Five Nights at Freddies?

Eh...

Not really :/

Being a fan of the series, I would like to see it as a house. I assume we will see the movie as a house when it comes out, especially since Blumhouse is the creator. I could see it being as either a very good and impressive puppet house, or a horrible and tacky house that messes up horribly just like Stranger Things.

16 minutes ago, zombieman said:

Fair enough.  I have teenage twins so I live Schittie's Kids every day of my freaking life.  Maybe I don't need HHN's version.

Key word: ORIGINAL version. All the scary aspects of FNAF minus the horrible fanbase it would draw.

Edited by OhHaiInternet95

Not that it's my place to judge, but why would Slaughter Sinema and HR Bloodengutz share a year? It seems like it'd be repetitive, both being about fictional B-Movies, though presented differently (A haunted Drive-In with various monsters VS a late-night horror host killing someone set to holiday-themed movies). Though the scenes both would come up with be appreciated, it seems like one of those "one-or-the-other" things.

• Like 3

On 11/4/2018 at 7:34 PM, HHN Pro said:

I already have the first speculation map! Boom:

Slasher - Soundstage 24B

Slaughter Sinema II - Soundstage 24A

Shadybrook: Origins - Soundstage 25

Mutants - Sprung Tent 2

Killer Klownz from Outer Space 3D - Sprung Tent 1

H.R. Bloodengutz Presents Holidays of Horror - New Parade Building

Silver Screams 2: A New Reel - Parade Building

Leprechaun Returns - Shrek 4D Theater 2

As many as three locations from this year won’t be available for 2019.

And you’re likely missing two houses.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

9 minutes ago, Legacy said:

As many as three locations from this year won’t be available for 2019.

And you’re likely missing two houses.

Stop screwing with us, Mr. Aiello.

30 minutes ago, DocNiktMarr said:

Not that it's my place to judge, but why would Slaughter Sinema and HR Bloodengutz share a year? It seems like it'd be repetitive, both being about fictional B-Movies, though presented differently (A haunted Drive-In with various monsters VS a late-night horror host killing someone set to holiday-themed movies). Though the scenes both would come up with be appreciated, it seems like one of those "one-or-the-other" things.

Judging is what we do come Nov 5.  And you have an excellent point. 

The Department of Redundancy Department rules that Sinema II and Bloodengutz are indeed supererogatory and duplicative.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Legacy said:

I don’t make the news. I just report it.

Ah, but is this Fake news?

You understand that we are now inferring 12 houses - you see what you've done there? 

You telling us that 12 houses is actually on the slate of possibilities?

Because one eye is dilating right now and my left arm is going numb at the thought...

Let the speculation of those three potential locations begin...

I would guess Blumhouse and Sprung tents if FF and MIB were to go away.

Or Tents and parade building if Barney and Feivel was to go.

Or Shrek and...

GAH!

Can't breathe!

17 minutes ago, krazyhorrorkid said:

Im going crazy right? No rush but when you starting your code names? Like I said take your time :freddy:

If I get anything, when I get anything. April, likely at the earliest.

But, I’m likely not getting the type of info next year as I did this year. I hit a gold mine.

FNaF ain't happening. Scott has only a "Rough script" at the moment for the film. Plus, pretty sure he is still associated with Fright Dome in some way, but im not too sure.....

As he states things to his Steam community, it looks like he just wants to focus on the movie and little side projects at the moment and not his property at the event. Unless you think a HHN house is a side project xD

As for what I think is gonna be at the event this year....

Stranger things 2 - Willing to bet my life savings that this is returning

Killer Klowns from outer space - Great zone but might be a challenging house to create for already well stated reasons

Halloween (2018) - Made money, broke records, Blumhouse property. What else do I have to say?

Alien- 40th anniversary

Silence of the lambs- This would be a good PG-13 house to use. We have seen this type of format the past few years, like with The Shining and Poltergeist. And for people stating this wouldn't translate well, dig through last years topic someone made a house map thing. (Idk what you guys call them) 

Child's play (2019) - Unfortunately it just makes to much Sense... The Chucky zone did good this year and it is some people's fav zone. The only thing I could see interfering is MGM

Horror games- I could see a few possible canadites.... ( Ill make a post about this soon)

Nightingales/ Giggles and Gore sequel- Will take either one.

Unnamed Originals....