Something I Noticed...

There was something interesting I noticed about Sprung Tent 1 and the houses that go in there. It seems every time there's an original in there, it's one of, if not the best house of the year. Whenever there's an IP, it's usually one of the worst houses!

2010 - Catacombs: Black Death Rising (ORIGINAL) - Reviews I've seen say this was the best house along with Havoc.

2011 - The In-Between 3D (ORIGINAL) - Many reviews say this and Nightingales were the best houses, and that this is the best 3D house.

2012 - Alice Cooper: Welcome To My Nightmare (IP) - Reviews I've seen say this was the worst house.

2013 - Urban Legends: La Llorona (ORIGINAL) - Reviews I've seen say this was one of the best houses.

2014 - Dollhouse of the Damned (ORIGINAL) - Many have called this one of the best HHN houses of all time.

2015 - The Purge (IP) - To be fair, it was a last-minute house, but it was still pretty bad.

2016 - Tomb of the Ancients (ORIGINAL) - Many agree this was the best original that year, and one of the better houses that year.

2017 - Scarecrow: The Reaping (ORIGINAL) - Pretty much everyone agrees this was best house of 2017.

2018 - Dead Exposure: Patient Zero (ORIGINAL) - Almost everyone has this in their top 3 for this year.

Just something interesting I noticed. Goes to show that this space is very good when it comes to original houses.

• Like 1

Going back a bit further in time for Sprung Tent 1 houses:

2006 - Psycho Path (ORIGINAL) - Ranked in upper half.  Screamhouse and Psychoscareapy were on top, and PUTS (Sprung #2) was near bottom.

2007 - Thing: Assimilation (IP) - Ranked in the middle.  Dead Silence and NOES were on top and Vampyr on the bottom.  Jack's Funhouse (Sprung #2) was also near bottom.

2008 - The Hallow (ORIGINAL) - I recall this being rated #2 or #3.  Dead Exposure (Sprung #2) was highly polarizing, being best or worst depending on opinion.

2009 - Chucky - Friends till the End (IP) - Middle to lower end.  Spawning (Sprung #2) was the dog of the year.

But I agree with most of your 2010 onward as far as reviews - except I don't recall anyone saying Dollhouse was GOAT.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, zombieman said:

2006 - Psycho Path (ORIGINAL) - Ranked in upper half.  Screamhouse and Psychoscareapy were on top, and PUTS (Sprung #2) was near bottom.

2007 - Thing: Assimilation (IP) - Ranked in the middle.  Dead Silence and NOES were on top and Vampyr on the bottom.  Jack's Funhouse (Sprung #2) was also near bottom.

2008 - The Hallow (ORIGINAL) - I recall this being rated #2 or #3.  Dead Exposure (Sprung #2) was highly polarizing, being best or worst depending on opinion.

2009 - Chucky - Friends till the End (IP) - Middle to lower end.  Spawning (Sprung #2) was the dog of the year.

But I agree with most of your 2010 onward as far as reviews - except I don't recall anyone saying Dollhouse was GOAT.

2006 - I thought Psycho Path was a mash of all the Psycho movies..?

2007 - Alright. I heard from people that house was okay, but would be a much better house if re-done today.

2008 - Correction! Dead Exposure was in ST1, and Hallow in ST2! But most of the reviews I've read had this at #1, so... Yeh.

2009 - I heard this house was pretty bad.

2010 & Beyond - Much thanks! Many of my friends who have been going for years said this was one of the best houses ever, so that's where I got it.

8 hours ago, zombieman said:

My mates and I all loved Dollhouse to death. And my brother considers Assimilation the scariest house he's ever been through. Considering he's been to nearly every event since 2002, I'm inclined to take him at his word.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/7/2018 at 7:31 PM, zombieman said:

2006 was my first year, and this was the second house I went through. I loved that house and all the movies. But I do agree with you, Psychoscareapy and Screamhouse were my top 2. 

2007- that was a pretty good house from what I remember

2008- The Hallow and Dead Exposure were both great houses. 

2009- that was garbage, the only good scare was the plush monster, if anyone remembers that one. 

And OP, I agree with you. All the Originals were great and the IP were garbage lol