The End of HNN

I don't know how many of you saw the news, and I also don't know why the HNN forum hasn't posted about this, but recently on social media Horror Night Nightmares announced that they'll be shutting down their forum by the end of the year and switching to Discord. I will miss this forum and its people; I hope to see you all on Discord.

• Sad 3

They posted it in the HHN Orlando 32nd Speculation topic. I guess because that's one of the few topics that are still getting hits.

Not a big fan of the forum's closures. Sure Discord has its merits, but the type of posts I've been making for the past... years has been best done in one long post. But, that's the nature of things. And besides, I see others in the Your Nightmares thread have been using off-site documents like Google Docs for their house ideas, so maybe I'm just behind on the times.

Well, I guess we have nothing else to do but wait. If you see a Jeremy7 or such on Discord, that's me.

• Like 3
10 minutes ago, DocNiktMarr said:

They posted it in the HHN Orlando 32nd Speculation topic. I guess because that's one of the few topics that are still getting hits.

Not a big fan of the forum's closures. Sure Discord has its merits, but the type of posts I've been making for the past... years has been best done in one long post. But, that's the nature of things. And besides, I see others in the Your Nightmares thread have been using off-site documents like Google Docs for their house ideas, so maybe I'm just behind on the times.

Well, I guess we have nothing else to do but wait. If you see a Jeremy7 or such on Discord, that's me.

Send me a PM for your full username with the inclusion of code numbers. I’ve got one house idea I’m working right now. 

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for the kind words! It's hard to close them down, but the upkeep for the little amount of traffic we have is a tough decision!

Discord will now be our official home for discussion, HOWEVER, I'm considering on keeping a few areas open.  I still encourage everyone to join us on Discord @ discord.gg/hhn!

EDIT:  I'll leave four areas open for posting. 

- Music of HHN

- HHN 32

- Artist Showcase

- Your Nightmares

Everything else has been archived and non-postable! 

• Love 2

They were pretty dead.  Posts were very rare! The past two HHN's the forums pretty much died off.  Most members moved on to Discord and/or the IU forums,  We kept everything updated here, but that's just what happend. 

Instead of just having a bunch of dead topics, we made the decision to close them.   I'll re-add them for the archive! 

Discord isn't bad once you get used to it and get passed the learning curve.  We're working hard to make it user friendly and listening to feedback.

EDIT:

Re-added the Hollywood forums with the archive for years past.

Added HHN 2023 forum along with a Spec thread for those still here.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Mark M. said:

Thanks everyone for the kind words! It's hard to close them down, but the upkeep for the little amount of traffic we have is a tough decision!

Discord will now be our official home for discussion, HOWEVER, I'm considering on keeping a few areas open.  I still encourage everyone to join us on Discord @ discord.gg/hhn!

- Music of HHN

- HHN 32

- Artist Showcase

- Your Nightmares

Thank You, Mark 😁

We are keeping that open, so feel free to add to it, or discuss.  You should be able to post in there.  Only areas that you can't are anything under or marked archived.

The music lists will eventually make it over to Discord, and another plan we may have for it. 

As far as moving anything to IU, that would have to be discussed between us and them.

• Love 1
On 11/22/2022 at 7:58 AM, Mark M. said:

- Music of HHN

- HHN 32

- Artist Showcase

- Your Nightmares

Thank you 🙏

On 11/29/2022 at 2:54 PM, pumpkinbot343 said:

Whenever I try to look up stuff in the archived section (ex: the keyword Freddy) it shows zero results. Why is that? 

Are you trying this for a specific forum? I've tried a general (everywhere) search for "Freddy" and got various results, even from the archived areas.