Do have you to buy regular park admission to access HHN?

I go every single year, and here are my personal experiences with ticketing...

In the past the website for ordering tickets was a little tricky, I feel like they must have gotten a lot of complaints because over the years it has become much more user friendly. Also one year I put everything into my online cart that I wanted, and also called the number for ticketing and it came out to be 2 different totals. The lady on the phone was trying to quote me a much higher price for the exact same thing. 

My advice: 

If you're going to go for one day and want both parks AND HHN (I have done this many times, rage on!) Then you DO NOT need to get a Universal pass. Just get an Islands pass, a HHN pass, and fast pass if you want that. No need to get park to park or a Universal pass unless you specifically want to do the Harry Potter train ride or want to also do Universal during the day. Universal kicks you out in the evening for a bit until gates reopen for HHN. I say if you're doing HHN then you are also already doing Universal, provided you have the fast pass and can do it all in one night. With no HHN fast pass, I don't know how you would do both parks AND HHN in one day (those killer lines for the houses...yeesh).

If you plan to visit the parks for multiple days then you can breath a little and obviously have a lot more options in regards to which day you spend doing what. Perhaps a full day of Islands, and a full day of Universal and HHN together.

In my opinion, the park to park pass is useless to you if you are doing HHN because the main thing it lets you do is ride the Hogwarts Express back and forth, but if you are going to be at Islands during the day and HHN during the night, you really don't need to spend that extra money. Of course during the regular season, park to park makes much more sense. The thing is, if you get park to park during HHN, they are going to kick you out anyway in the evening and then you need a HHN pass to get back in.

Anyone feel free to correct me or add to. These have just been my personal experiences. Hope it helps.

-William

Edited by Dark Motion