OrangeRyan's HHN28 Team Member Preview Review

OrangeRyan

NO SPOILERS Here is my Team Member Preview Review on HHN28!

HHN28 Event Overall:

Sets/Scenic: 10/10

Scares: 7/10

Overall: 9/10

Comments: This year is visually STUNNING in EVERY SINGLE MAZE AND SCAREZONE.

Houses:

1. Poltergeist

Scares: 9/10

Overall: 10/10

Comments: Better than the Shining last year. The maze is SO LONG and everything is phenomenal!

2. Scary Tales: Deathly Ever After

Scares: 10/10

Overall: 10/10

Comments: The sets were SO BEAUTIFUL, The facade is the largest facade in HHN history and smells...... ALL THE SMELLS.

3. Carnival Graveyard

Sets/Scenic: 9/10

Scares: 6 or 7/10

Overall: 8/10

4. Slaughter Sinema

Sets/Scenic: 9/10

Scares: 8/10

Comments: I need to re-experience this one since I only got to do it once last night. But this one is the FUN HOUSE of the year. Lots of comedic scenes.

5. Trick 'r Treat

Scares: 7/10

Comments: BEAUTIFUL OH MY GOD BEAUTIFULLY DONE SETS.

6. Seeds of Extinction

Sets/Scenic: 8/10

Comments: It was SO DARK in this house, most of the scareactors hid themselves very well, but of course, I think they know how to hide themselves now after TM Preview (Or so I hope)

7. Stranger Things

Comments: Beautifully done and to the T with the TV series!

8. Dead Exposure: Patient Zero

Sets/Scenic: 7/10

Scares: 9/10

Overall: 6/10

Comments: Monkey.... That was amazing! But.... STROBES...... WAY TOO MUCH STROBES.

9. Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers

Sets/Scenic: 8/10

Scares: 5/10

Overall: 6/10

Comments: This was a fun house to walkthrough, but nothing special. Halloween from HHN24 was the best out of these Halloween Houses. The Michael Myers' in the house are very aggressive, so props to the cast that was there when I went in!

10. The Horrors of Blumhouse: Chapter 2

Sets/Scenic: 7/10

Scares: 3/10

Overall: 4/10

Comments: .................. The sets were cool.... Happy Death Day just wasn't scary at all...... I got a couple of scares in The First Purge section....

Scarezones:

NOTE: I am just putting the ranking of the scarezones with no scores. I just walked through and didn't really look at the Scarezones.

1. Twisted Traditions

2. Killer Klownz from Outer Space

3. Revenge of Chucky

4. Vamp '85

5. The Photo Op with creatures from Scarecrow the Reaping Last year and no IP characters next to their signs...... (aka The Harvest)

I didn't make it to AOV: Cyberpunk, hopefully will make it out on Opening Night.

Edited by OrangeRyan
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, zombieman said:

What went wrong with Carnival Graveyard?  I was surprised to see such a middle score.  So many of us are salivating for this one.  Are we setting our expectations too high?

still early and the reviews have been all over the place, some love houses some dont. Every house is not for everyone. And the cast will grow as the event goes on

like this reivew

Rust to Pieces - Shocked me with set and the heavy scares. This is so good. Don't doubt it.  Has buttons.

Edited by CNYHHN315

On 9/13/2018 at 12:50 PM, OrangeRyan said:

This maze was SO SO LONG and so TRUE to the film! Some truly terrifying scenes.

Actually, it veers from the film quite a bit, which I like. They played with the scariest elements of the film and did them their own way like The Exorcist house and the vomit mattresses, etc.

Totally killed this one. I don't want to amp it up to much for disappointment, but it's just so good!

On 9/13/2018 at 3:25 PM, MercWithAMouth67 said:

The only thing I am not a fan of is spiders, does this house or any other happen to have any?  Thanks in advance for letting me know.

Let's just say Itsy Bitsy isn't itsy or bitsy 

On 9/13/2018 at 2:46 PM, zombieman said:

What went wrong with Carnival Graveyard?  I was surprised to see such a middle score.  So many of us are salivating for this one.  Are we setting our expectations too high?

I can say my expectations were through the roof for this one and low for Poltergeist, so that could be the problem. This house isn't scary and they look like they're lazy with the set design no matter how much thought went into it, simply because of the concept of a collection of stuff. Universal impresses me when they're purposeful with their set design like Slaughter Sinema, Trick r Treat and Poltergeist.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Ringwraith said:

Actually, it veers from the film quite a bit, which I like. They played with the scariest elements of the film and did them their own way like The Exorcist house and the vomit mattresses, etc. Totally killed this one. I don't want to amp it up to much for disappointment, but it's just so good!

They did veer off from the film, but they kept all the great aspects of the film!

13 hours ago, Ringwraith said:

I can say my expectations were through the roof for this one and low for Poltergeist, so that could be the problem. This house isn't scary and they look like they're lazy with the set design no matter how much thought went into it, simply because of the concept of a collection of stuff. Universal impresses me when they're purposeful with their set design like Slaughter Sinema, Trick r Treat and Poltergeist.

I can very much agree with this one. Carnival Graveyard isn't that scary nor does it have a lot, but it is a very fun maze to go through!